Thread closed

yes. Plan to run a couple practice races, Nurburgring and Watkins Glen. I might be online later tonight (around 7:00pm eastern) if you want to get on track. Not sure what our plans are today though

We should be having dinner shortly. I'll most likely be on in a little while if there will be a practice/test room open.

17911408428_6e35f2f0c5_c.jpg

Lobby Settings
Structure & Sessions
  • Privacy - Private
  • Number of Laps - Refer to schedule
  • Maximum Grid Size - 16
  • Max Number of Human Opponents - 15
  • Fill with AI Opponents - No
  • Opponent Skill - 0
  • Opponents all Identical Car - Yes
  • Car Class - Current
  • Rolling Start - Race 1-No, Race 2-Yes, Race 3-Yes
  • Practice 1 - 30 min (KOQ)
  • Practice 2 - 30 Min (open to all)
  • Qualifying - 10 Min
  • Warmup - No
Conditions
  • Fixed Weather - Clear Skies
  • Date Type - Race Date
  • Starting Time - Refer to Schedule
  • Time Progression - Off
Restrictions
  • Force Interior View - No
  • Force Manual Gears - No
  • Force Realistic Driving Aids - No
  • Allow ABS - Yes
  • Allow Stability Control - No
  • Allow Traction Control - No
  • Damage - Off
  • Mechanical Failures - No
  • Tire Ware - Real
  • Fuel Usage - Real
  • Auto Start Engine - Yes
  • Flags and Penalties - On

I like the standing start/rolling start structure. That kinda makes it seem like it's actually one race with a couple competition cautions. I dig it!

Anyone else find the car (BMW E30) a real hassle to handle without slowing down a lot? I am not used to the touring cars just yet and more used to the GT3's but to me it seems this BMW likes to understeer a lot. Either that or it's just me XD

Anyone else find the car (BMW E30) a real hassle to handle without slowing down a lot? I am not used to the touring cars just yet and more used to the GT3's but to me it seems this BMW likes to understeer a lot. Either that or it's just me XD

Well, being a tuning series you can alter its behavior if you like. Personally I think the car is a pleasure to drive.

@cudirage13 - The beemer is definitly slower than the GT3's and not nearly as grippy either. As Lesson indicated, you can tune it out however its not too bad once you get used to it. Its just the downhill hairpin coming back that is a bit pushy for me. Also, what country are you from so I can get the correct flag for you in the standing sheet.

Thanks

@cudirage13 - The beemer is definitly slower than the GT3's and not nearly as grippy either. As Lesson indicated, you can tune it out however its not too bad once you get used to it. Its just the downhill hairpin coming back that is a bit pushy for me. Also, what country are you from so I can get the correct flag for you in the standing sheet.

Thanks

Ok Ill try to tune it a bit and see if that helps and I'm from United States in Michigan.

Yeah, and thats a severely off camber turn so really everything will tend to understeer there.

Grim, do you have a tune on your car so far? I did some offline AI races and managed a couple sub 36s. All I've done is the tranny and steering rack.

the only thing I have done so far is soften the front springs and front roll bar one click. Helped a bit.
I also adjusted the final drive but don't remember the final value though. I'll post it tomorrow night.

the only thing I have done so far is soften the front springs and front roll bar one click. Helped a bit.
I also adjusted the final drive but don't remember the final value though. I'll post it tomorrow night.

I also adjusted the final drive as well. I made it a click more towards acceleration and moves all the gears a click to the left more. It does help with the acceleration and you don't feel like you lost top speed.

I would agree with you lessen I love the helmet cam but I'm not doin a lot of driving until I receive my wheel.

EDIT: Does anyone know if you can flat spot tires in pcars?

apparently it is possible to get a flat spot. I stumbled apon this wiki article with lots of interesting info. It's a bit long, but a good read with lots of cool info. The part about the flat spots is somewhere near the bottom of the article.

http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Physics

Sign me up. I will miss the first race on June 9 but should be good after that.

I will take the 10 Strikes Bowling Equipment #44

GTP= JLBowler
PSN ID= jlbowler
Welcome to the series. 10 strikes are good but 12 would be better!

18122116875_467cf16374_c.jpg

Good morning all. Tonight I plan to run two practice races (Bugatti and Watkins Glen) starting @ 9:00pm Eastern if anyone is interested. I have sent out friend requests to everyone as I plan to run this as a private lobby. Would be great to see you guys on the track tonight. I'll open the lobby around 8:15 for some practice laps. Hope to see you there.

18122116875_467cf16374_c.jpg

Good morning all. Tonight I plan to run two practice races (Bugatti and Watkins Glen) starting @ 9:00pm Eastern if anyone is interested. I have sent out friend requests to everyone as I plan to run this as a private lobby. Would be great to see you guys on the track tonight. I'll open the lobby around 8:15 for some practice laps. Hope to see you there.
Count me in bro

Back