Thread closed

Well I got the reason why I didn't get a tire change in my 30 lap race last night. I have been using default pit strategy for all cars. With a setup race I needed to change edit pit strategy. It was on "no" for tire change, when using pit default.
I haven't down anything to the Mercedes since deleting game and starting over for the third time. But I've tested it about 30 times in races from rain to dry and haven't had no problems with pit stop anymore.
When I deleted the game for the second time I put setups on the Mercedes and the only thing I could find wrong was the default fuel load values, car has a full tank for some reason. But my tires would get changed. I think I pretty much got it now.
It was my fault last night, but it wasn't in our rain race. Bring on the rain Grimm, my stuff is working now.

proxy.php

Season 4 - Week 2
11/3/15

22694037281_05e0a6ed6a_o.png

I'll have the lobby open around 8:30. As anyone run laps there yet? If so, what lap times so I can figure out how many laps. Thanks
  1. ONESPACE - Confirmed
  2. Von_Slam_Stone - Confirmed
  3. Mighty_mopar - Confirmed
  4. SGETI - Confirmed
  5. Schmiggz - Confirmed
  6. Ice_Warden - Confirmed
  7. TheFilapino - Confirmed
  8. Cardahs
  9. GrimGrnninGhost - Confirmed
  10. xsitement - Confirmed
  • zii1993
  • austindecker
  • Lessenjr
  • DoublePass
  • Joe_DiBen
  • Fallen_log - Confirmed
  • quattpequatt
  • JAnWinston
Following drivers have indicated that they are not racing this week

I'm not real sure why all the long faces about this game. Besides some small things that can be avoided, this game is definitely more detailed and immersive to play. There are a few things I miss about GT6 but it's really only because I haven't gotten used to the menus and complexity of PCARS. GT6 was very easy to just jump in and go. PCARS takes some learning (which I have just not done).

Attendance seems to be up from last season but it might be our last if Grimm bails.

I honestly haven't even tried to play PCARS outside of this particular league so that would be a real bummer.

Hopefully this is not our last season because I think it's really just starting to get good.

I learned so much from my mistakes, and testing and testing and testing. If any one has anything their curious about please ask. I might be able to help, considering all the crap I went through. LOfreak'nL.
I miss some GT6 stuff too. This game I couldn't jump in and go like with GT6.

Also, anyway to get tire ware x3, to force pit stops. For tonight races.

Last edited:
proxy.php

Season 4 - Week 2
11/3/15

I'll have the lobby open around 8:30. As anyone run laps there yet? If so, what lap times so I can figure out how many laps. Thanks
  1. ONESPACE - Confirmed
  4. SGETI - Confirmed
  5. Schmiggz - Confirmed
  8. Cardahs
  • zii1993
  • austindecker
  • Lessenjr
  • DoublePass
  • Joe_DiBen
  • Fallen_log - Confirmed
  • quattpequatt
  • JAnWinston
Was doing 1:41 1:40. AI were doing low 1:39's lol at Sonoma.
Big willow was 1:25's.

Last edited:
proxy.php

Season 4 - Week 2
11/3/15

1. ONESPACE - Confirmed
  4. SGETI - Confirmed
  5. Schmiggz - Confirmed
  8. Cardahs
  • zii1993
  • austindecker
  • Lessenjr
  • DoublePass
  • Joe_DiBen
  • Fallen_log - Confirmed
  • quattpequatt
  • JAnWinston
Lobby is open and invites have been sent

Sonoma was a fun race. Had a little bit of a battle going for most of the race so that was fun. This game is a handful, but quite fun. Willow, meh. I struggled to find a groove in my short practice and quite frankly didn't feel like just circulating in the race. Teh Sonoma race was a lot of fun though. I enjoyed the National layout quite a bit.

Does anyone want to take over? I can't see paying for psn plus for for a game I'm not enjoying. I can send you the excel file. Please let me know. In the mean time, if someone can host the rest of the season and send me the results, I'll post the standings. Let me know.

Does anyone want to take over? I can't see paying for psn plus for for a game I'm not enjoying. I can send you the excel file. Please let me know. In the mean time, if someone can host the rest of the season and send me the results, I'll post the standings. Let me know.

I can't see paying for psn plus for for a game I'm not enjoying.

Sorry to hear this Grimm. Always look forward to racing with you. You run a top notch league as I am sure all will agree.

Last night was some great racing, bumper to bumper at Willow. So how hot did your front left tire reach?

For the last week or so I was having issues with my wheel. Well today, I am sending it back. I will not be racing for at least 2 or maybe even 3 weeks.

Did anyone save the reply of the Willow race? Anyway you can send it to me to watch because the game didnt let me save it and i would really like to watch the 3 way battle up from for most of the race.

Did anyone save the reply of the Willow race? Anyway you can send it to me to watch because the game didnt let me save it and i would really like to watch the 3 way battle up from for most of the race.
I saved it. I was trying the share factory last night but couldn't get it figured out. Was a little tired too. If I can just send it, I will.

I'm starting to agree with you. This game has so much potential, but it is being brought down by poor execution of its features and numerous bugs. Personally I don't think spec racing works in this game. Horible default tire pressure for the majority of cars is the main reason, followed by horrible default setups. Not the case for all cars, but definitely for a large majority.

I'm also getting tired of tinkering with an extremely unintuitive force feedback system. I use jack spade settings due to lack of interest in trying to comprehend all the available settings. It also becomes tiresome entering new ffb settings for every single car befor I can actually enjoy driving them. Sure it's nice to have all that freedom to tailor ffb settings to your liking, but base settings could be much improved. Seems like the developers just left us with a blank slate and zero explanation on what everything does and left us all to figure it out. The onus is on the developers to provide us with something enjoyable, not the end user.

When everything clicks the game is incredible, and provides an unmatched driving experience on consoles. There is just way to many things holding it back right now in my opinion.

Last edited:
What does not work concerning spec racing?
I edited my above post. I'm not saying spec racing doesn't work for all cars. It actually works quite well with the merc, but many of the default tire pressures just don't work right out of the box for all tracks. Also the lack of pit strategies.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the deal with tire pressures? Are the default pressures erratic between users? Or, do you feel they are simply too low? I feel that I personally struggle with getting tires up to temp, but maybe my expectation is not accurate? I'd say I have fair grip after 2 laps (practice out lap + lap 1) and confident grip after 4. That seems like a long time to me, but I'm not sure. I know I've not been a consistent runner here and the fact that I'm not a wheel user means I don't have to deal with all the same type of issues as some of you guys. As long as the cars are spec across the board, then I don't really know that there's a problem with the spec option in this game. I mean, they race street cars with garbage handling characteristics all the time in the Sunday series. It is what it is right? As far as pit strategies go, I guess I again have not enough experience to have seen the problems. I can tell you pretty much have to have your $&!* together though and have it planned ahead of time. If there are indeed bug issues with tire type changes (or any specific detail that can be controlled for that matter), then maybe the necessary changes need to be made in order to minimize the problems. I guess what I'm saying is; just because we can, doesn't mean we should.

I guess the question we ask ourselves is this:

How many of us are still racing this week?

Is anyone going to take the reigns over or is this a dead horse of a series?

Personally I don't tune. So tuning prohibited is how I roll. I couldn't tell you if a car had poor tire pressure or not...I just drive it and have fun. I drove the Formula C car stock last season.

I have G29 and I just go on to the PCars forum and plug in the settings that the smart guys over there have figured out on the G29 thread. FFB detail is way better than GT6. I don't know what any of those settings mean...but the smart guys do...and I thank them and appreciate their time and effort to generate a great list of settings.

If we don't have a leader/host then I guess we are going to have to move on.

I am way too new to this game to try and host. I have never hosted yet and barely know my way around the game interface enough to race with you guys.

So if someone doesn't step up then all these pages are for nothing.

For the record I'm in...this is the only race game I have right now and I actually like it a lot.

Last edited:
I plan on racing next week.

I've PM'd Grim about the requirements to manage the series. I would imagine he might need Zero5ives blessing of the management change since this is a SNAIL series. Grim has put a ton of work into this. It would be a shame to see it fizzle. Personally, I don't think the general issues make it so bad that a good series cannot be maintained. It may need some tweaks here and there to get around some bugs however.

It would be a shame. This is the only series I race in and it’s been quite fun. Spec has made it pretty hassle free, but it’s also killed my desire to practice (which might be a good thing). I enjoy trying to learn how to tune, but I enjoy the close/even racing more. I usually just jump online when I find time to play.

I don’t trust my internet connection enough to host the remaining races. I plug a LAN line in for Tuesday nights, but I haven’t had much success when it comes to hosting. I don’t even try it anymore because there always seems to be lag and my modem eventually crashes and needs a reboot.

This is all new to me, and I don’t think I want to take on the responsibility of running the show. I think Grim did a fantastic job setting it up and I hope somebody is willing to give it a shot. Participation may be our biggest challenge at this point.

I’m still in if the series continues, if not then it was a pleasure racing with you all.

Hope to see you all Tues.

Back