Thread closed

Despite everything I still really do enjoy this game. It's currently the best racing experience on console, bar none. I will definitely continue with the series, but I can't host. I'm not available every Tuesday night.

I'm starting to agree with you. This game has so much potential, but it is being brought down by poor execution of its features and numerous bugs. Personally I don't think spec racing works in this game. Horible default tire pressure for the majority of cars is the main reason, followed by horrible default setups. Not the case for all cars, but definitely for a large majority.

I'm also getting tired of tinkering with an extremely unintuitive force feedback system. I use jack spade settings due to lack of interest in trying to comprehend all the available settings. It also becomes tiresome entering new ffb settings for every single car befor I can actually enjoy driving them. Sure it's nice to have all that freedom to tailor ffb settings to your liking, but base settings could be much improved. Seems like the developers just left us with a blank slate and zero explanation on what everything does and left us all to figure it out. The onus is on the developers to provide us with something enjoyable, not the end user.

When everything clicks the game is incredible, and provides an unmatched driving experience on consoles. There is just way to many things holding it back right now in my opinion.
I've seen all that jack spade stuff and don't use any of it. I sometimes calibrate wheel and I turn up tire force to 110. And FFB is always at 100.
When I enter a setup race I adjust the master scale per car. Master scale can only be done when setting up the car. Two places to adjust FFB. In my profile it's permanent. In create new setup, it's per car.

I edited my above post. I'm not saying spec racing doesn't work for all cars. It actually works quite well with the merc, but many of the default tire pressures just don't work right out of the box for all tracks. Also the lack of pit strategies.
To force pit stops, tire ware has to be turned up and full damage would be nice. But back to pit stops. In default setup races, the pit engineer will not change tires until all the green is worn off at least two tires, so don't pit until then.

To force pit stops, tire ware has to be turned up and full damage would be nice. But back to pit stops. In default setup races, the pit engineer will not change tires until all the green is worn off at least two tires, so don't pit until then.
It just doesn't seem right to me that I should have to wait until my two of my tires are completely worn down until I can pit for new ones. Anyhow I guess it doesn't effect this series so I won't have to worry too much about that. My main issue right now is that I can't seem to keep the car on the track during the first lap. Not the games fault, just my lack of skill :ill:

3 post in a row, fish slap.
I feel stupid saying this, but one of my main problems was calibrating my T500. When calibrating it says turn wheel all the way left or right. Mine goes to 98 or 99 normally, but if I jerk it, it goes to 100. I don't jerk it anymore just set it at 99. Then in the next step it says to turn the wheel 90° left or right and hold it, then press next to save. It was at like 350°. It worked fine for the FC. But then all the other cars turned like a school bus. I learned to turn wheel until it says 1080°
Don't know if that applies to all wheels, but mine works good now after that mistake.

It just doesn't seem right to me that I should have to wait until my two of my tires are completely worn down until I can pit for new ones. Anyhow I guess it doesn't effect this series so I won't have to worry too much about that. My main issue right now is that I can't seem to keep the car on the track during the first lap. Not the games fault, just my lack of skill :ill:
I done a lot of testing, in one race I had damage on, got some, went to the pits and damage was fixed but no tire change. Pretty stupid, but kept racing and my pit engineer only would change my tires when I wore all the green off my tires. It's default pit engineer strategy.
When In a tuning setup pit strategy, I can pit whenever and get tires changed. Cause I setup the pit strategy, not the engineer.

image.png
Damn man, this new Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals cost a fortune!
Here in Toronto, Simulation1 wich is probably the only Sim Racing equipment store in a 2000 miles range ratio will ask cad $549,00 for it! They say that whatever lower price you find on the internet for it, when addind shipping costs and taxes it will come to those numbers.
I think i will have to delay the Fanatec wheel base and steering wheel project a little bit to recover from this purchase but I definitely want those pedals. Those are the real thing yo!

View attachment 475321 Damn man, this new Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals cost a fortune!
Here in Toronto, Simulation1 wich is probably the only Sim Racing equipment store in a 2000 miles range ratio will ask cad $549,00 for it! They say that whatever lower price you find on the internet for it, when addind shipping costs and taxes it will come to those numbers.
I think i will have to delay the Fanatec wheel base and steering wheel project a little bit to recover from this purchase but I definitely want those pedals. Those are the real thing yo!
What race car did they steal them from?

Those pedals have some nice specs. I like that the clutch is degressive, that's pretty neat.

Who wants to practice later?

I would be up for that normally but I have a nasty headache.

I see Bowler has banned me from the main thread for telling truthful things. Now when I try to offer some help in the holiday event thread he just deletes my posts. He's a real class act...censorship powers and all.

I was wondering why there seemed to be a gap in conversation in that thread.

Onespace, wardenclyffe and myself ran some laps last night for about an hour at oschersleben. I'd love to get on track with others at Oulton park sometime tomorrow.

I would be up for that normally but I have a nasty headache.

I see Bowler has banned me from the main thread for telling truthful things. Now when I try to offer some help in the holiday event thread he just deletes my posts. He's a real class act...censorship powers and all.
Well I think he probably banned you for being an ass while telling truthful things. Shame. Funny how we can all choose to disagree unless you disagree with me.

PS I miss racing with you.

Well I think he probably banned you for being an ass while telling truthful things. Shame. Funny how we can all choose to disagree unless you disagree with me.

PS I miss racing with you.
I didn't even say anything direct...I just mentioned a couple of times how everyone there is definitely not treated equally. Which is definitely the truth.

My last post was:
"It's all about who you know...rules don't get enforced equally to everyone here..."

I will be racing this week btw...

Well, my PB so far at Oulton is a 1:55.8. I've had a couple shots to do better but end up owing the last turn. :) Very fun racetrack! I like this one A LOT.

18219533170_312847763a_c.jpg

Season 4 - Week 3
11/10/15

22661244800_87abc0ab7f_o.png

Below are the current Active Drivers with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers (not listed in BOLD below) need to confirm their intent to race this week by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Monday 11/9/15) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week). I will update the list accordingly.

1. Mighty_mopar
  2. ONESPACE
  3. SGETI - Not racing this week
  4. TheFilapino
  5. Ice_Warden
  6. GrimGrnninGhost - Not racing this week (who can host race night?)
  7. Schmiggz
  8. Von_Slam_Stone
  9. xsitement
  10. Lessenjr - Confirmed - Host
  • Cardahs - Confirmed
  • Joe_DiBen
  • zii1993
  • austindecker
  • DoublePass
  • Fallen_log
  • quattpequatt
  • JAnWinston

Following drivers have indicated that they are not racing this week

Last edited:
I am in. I can attempt to host as well. I've not yet hosted a pcars race, but as of now I haven't encountered any connection unreliability with my ps4 and this game.

Back