Thread closed

The vision of SNAIL in my opinion is a well established set of rules to ensure a night of clean fun racing. I had many a good night of close racing in GT6 SNAIL and the RCS. In every organization there will be issues, some big and some small. The idea is to catch the small problems before they mature in big ones. Will dropping the SNAIL name make a difference for the better or worse? I really don't think the name is keeping people away.

The game itself with all the bugs and glitches is more of an issue and does not cultivate the smooth operation of a racing league. We are all aware of the number of problems. With the new patch coming shortly , many of our issues will hopefully fade. Even with these issues, the group we have racing on a weekly basis is a dam fine group of guys.

I enjoy the idea of fully tuned cars with pit stops, damage, and weather. I also realize this league is based on SNAIL, default setups. I am OK with default racing. As far as weather, since we have the ability in the game for some changes, I say lets try some combinations. I am not a fan of racing in the rain but I am more than willing to try.

The damage is a tough one. All I can see is someone getting caught in a brake draft and accidentally crashing into the rear and now both cars have to pit to fix the damage. I know I would feel terrible if my mistake took out anther driver ruining his night of racing. Yes it happen in real racing, however many of us are here more for fun racing than the making the leader boards.

As far pit stops, Yes keep pit stops. We had them in RCS and the pit stop feature brought a challenge into the night of racing. Tire wear is also an option worth pursuing after the patch. Fingers crossed, the new patch will allow us to use pit stops on a reliable basis.

Ok, I don't mind keeping the snail tag although it bothers me having this awesome group and fantastic series related to characters like bowler, Dragonwhisky or coachmk, people that I rather forget they exist, but, whatever... at least they don't run here.

@Schmiggz You're absolutely right, this is an awesome group and I hope that this series will only get better.

However,the negative vibe that thrives from digging up the past, name dropping and other tendencies of passive aggressiveness will certainly not help us to achieve the goal of building a great series here. Lets stay on mission and look forward.

Attention all drivers:

The weather pattern for the upcoming Nurburgring Sprint race will be "light rain" from start to finish.

If the new update does come out before Tuesday we will still run the race with this weather pattern so that anybody's practice from now until then is relevant to the evenings activities. Thanks for understanding.

-Josh

Why not leave the nurburgring-sprint race, the way it is set up now. I've done complete 20lap rain races, and they're slow, drawn out and boring.
I ditched a league race today, just for that same reason. I might or might not run the second race. But if you leave it the way it is, i'll run it for sure.
I suggest to run the season out, the way it's set up. Good race for people to learn pit stops. It's actually easy, don't pit EARLY.
Maybe, if everyone wants to change the settings run a complete rain race, then maybe.

I will make decisions to work around known issues when and if they arise. Again, I'm not going to put people in a position to learn to accommodate bugs such as getting the wrong tire in this case. People have mentioned that they want some weather, so I figured we'd have some weather. For this race, we're going to have a simplified weather pattern. It's either all rain or all dry. If the masses would prefer an all dry race with different sky conditions I'd be totally cool with that. It's up to you guys, but it's one or the other until the update comes.

19728508318_8e94948871_c.jpg

Below are the UNOFFICIAL results from the nights activities.

Unofficial Results

Current Individual Standings

22621165018_455702dc5d_o.png

18219533170_312847763a_c.jpg

Season 4 - Week 4
11/17/15

22621223958_c74deaa6e4_o.png

Below are the current Active Drivers with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers (not listed in BOLD below) need to confirm their intent to race this week by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Monday 11/16/15) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week). I will update the list accordingly.

1. Mighty_mopar
  2. ONESPACE
  3. TheFilapino
  4. Ice_Warden
  5. Schmiggz
  6. SGETI
  7. GrimGrnninGhost - Not racing this week
  8. Lessenjr
  9. Von_Slam_Stone
  10. xsitement
  • Cardahs
  • Joe_DiBen
  • zii1993
  • austindecker
  • DoublePass
  • Fallen_log
  • quattpequatt
  • JAnWinston
  • Add1son9

I am looking forward to the higher quality in-game chat. I always have difficulty understanding others. That will be helpful.

Already looking forward to next season with some of these fixes in place. Just have to see if there are any side effects.

Best way to chat is in party and once there you have to fix your settings to have more sound on party or on track

Absolutely. The quality is way better up until now. The shortcoming for us is the player limitation doesn't match the lobby limitation. Hopefully the quality will be on par now.

Absolutely. The quality is way better up until now. The shortcoming for us is the player limitation doesn't match the lobby limitation. Hopefully the quality will be on par now.
Yeah, that's true and dumb!!! 8 only on parties!

Idk if anyone is interested but I'm running some practice for the race tomorrow and just messing around with stuff so if anyone is bored and wants to join feel free!

Well I didn't get fresh tires in a mandatory pit stop race, lmao.
Still not very hard to implement pit stops, with faster tire ware and weather. Or do tuning races, then tires get change whenever you feel like pitting.

Well, that's a bummer. I think I read that it was supposed to change tires if 1 tire was more than 25% worn. I'm assuming you had an appropriate pit strategy selected as active.

I believe my internet connection should be more reliable now since I found the reset button (unplugging doesn't seem to do the trick). I will attempt to host tomorrow so if any active drivers are not on my friends list they should expect a request from me soon.

Well, that's a bummer. I think I read that it was supposed to change tires if 1 tire was more than 25% worn. I'm assuming you had an appropriate pit strategy selected as active.

I believe my internet connection should be more reliable now since I found the reset button (unplugging doesn't seem to do the trick). I will attempt to host tomorrow so if any active drivers are not on my friends list they should expect a request from me soon.
I waited until lap 6 of an 8 lap race and my left front was almost half way gone, with tire ware at x7. Hope I'm wrong and should of waited to pit on lap 7, but my pit engineer was telling us to pit on lap 1, lol. And in default setup, there is no way of setting up a pit strategy. FYI.

Latest Posts

Back