Three Hundred Miles Per Hour

• Thread starter Dark Elite
  • 7,722 comments
It's not the only one, some of the more powerful cars (Audi R8, Minolta 88C-V etc) can do over 300mph without nitrous. However, the Chaparral is the only 300mph car that you can't buy nitrous for, apart from the Jaguar XJR-9 (which is a suspicious one...)

Oh, I thought that was the only car that would be capable without nitrous. It's one of my personal favriot's.
Thank's

i just had my tvr speed 12 upto 303 mph with nitros and my nissan rcp92 or what ever it is upto 311 mph with nitros but i havent tried the minolta yet

The leader board isn't being updated anymore but if you post up your pics we'll still apreciate your efforts.

The leader board isn't being updated anymore but if you post up your pics we'll still apreciate your efforts.

OK i might still do that. I was hoping the leaderboard was still kicking but you cant win them all :lol:. Thanks.
Oh and by the way is this on gt4 or gt3.:indiff:
Thanks.👍

Well its nothing to do with me, Darkelite was the guy updating the leaderboard. You'd need to start a new thread i'd guess.

Well its nothing to do with me, Darkelite was the guy updating the leaderboard. You'd need to start a new thread i'd guess.

Ok guy's then I'll do that um,is there a way where I can contact the mod to tell them to close this one?
Here Here. :idea:Mazdaman and i could share in the updating process.💡 If that's alright with him that is :)
Sure let me see what the mod says.

Ok guy's then I'll do that um,is there a way where I can contact the mod to tell them to close this one?
You can't "tell" us to close this one. You can ask us, but the answer you'd get would be to contact Dark Elite. Send him a PM. We'd need to get a response, or not get a response, from him before we can do anything.

Here Here. :idea:Mazdaman and i could share in the updating process.💡 If that's alright with him that is :)

You can't "tell" us to close this one. You can ask us, but the answer you'd get would be to contact Dark Elite. Send him a PM. We'd need to get a response, or not get a response, from him before we can do anything.
I meant ask but he has'nt been online.

I've sent him an email. We'll give him a few days to respond then take it from there.

No worries, I will.. Although, I wouldn't hold high hopes about him relinquishing the control over this thread.

No worries, I will.. Although, I wouldn't hold high hopes about him relinquishing the control over this thread.
I'm not trying to take over I just want to update the leaderboard or even if he come's back it really matter,just once the leaderboards gets updated thats all I care about.

Well, hello there, guys..

First off, thank you to daan for getting in contact with me regarding this - I couldn't have blamed you for closing the thread and letting it be taken over without my say-so, given my.. uh.. rather protracted absence.

If, however, you guys are happy to let me continue running the current Leaderboard, then I can start bringing it back up to date - either backdating as far as my last post, or starting "from now", whichever you think most appropriate.

As far as explaining my absence goes, after a pretty long period of inactivity in this thread, I thought it had run its course and figured it was time to let it "fade away", but perhaps there is indeed some life in it yet - it'd be nice to see it reach its fifth birthday :)

What do you guys think?

Sam

I think it is funny that Rac3rX posted in this thread under a different name asking who Rac3rX was a second time. But that is neither here nor there. I vote start from now.

Well, hello there, guys..

First off, thank you to daan for getting in contact with me regarding this - I couldn't have blamed you for closing the thread and letting it be taken over without my say-so, given my.. uh.. rather protracted absence.

If, however, you guys are happy to let me continue running the current Leaderboard, then I can start bringing it back up to date - either backdating as far as my last post, or starting "from now", whichever you think most appropriate.

As far as explaining my absence goes, after a pretty long period of inactivity in this thread, I thought it had run its course and figured it was time to let it "fade away", but perhaps there is indeed some life in it yet - it'd be nice to see it reach its fifth birthday :)

What do you guys think?

Sam
Well,first I'd like to say welcome back and yea I'd love to see you continue
also if you don't mind can I help?

Toronado
I think it is funny that Rac3rX posted in this thread under a different name asking who Rac3rX was a second time. But that is neither here nor there. I vote start from now.
Isn't it amazing how persistent some people can be? :P

Thanks for the offers, guys - if I have difficulty, I'll let you know.

So then.. We have three different holders for the Big Three records - outright fastest, fastest race car, and fastest without nitrous oxide, and the slowest cars in the Club are the Honda Takata Dome NSX (JGTC) '03 (300.02mph) and the Saleen S7 (300.04mph). The Leaderboard was last updated on the 18th of December, 2008. Now, who's going to make me update it again? ;)

Sam

Update it, I don't see the point of a second 300mph thread.

Here you are then, the first new speed to put up :)

Lotus Esprit V8:

fsv8.jpg

Still quite a way off the record (~3 mph), I seem to be putting loads of effort in and getting tiny results (like 0.02 mph :indiff:). Do the really quick guys bother with a custom LSD as I've not touched it on this?

Last edited:
and the Saleen S7 (300.04mph).
:mad:

:lol:

Still quite a way off the record (~3 mph), I seem to be putting loads of effort in and getting tiny results (like 0.02 mph :indiff:). Do the really quick guys bother with a custom LSD as I've not touched it on this?
Yes, but the trick with the Esprit actually resides more in gear tuning and downforce adjustment than any other setting. Because of the car's powerband and the car's high-speed lift, you need to tune the gearing and aerodynamics in relation to each other, and worry about suspension and LSD afterwards.

Back