Three Hundred Miles Per Hour

• Thread starter Dark Elite
  • 7,722 comments
:lol:

Put the axe down, Leo. It's still half a mile shy! :scared: I've actually got some downforce on the front of the car, which really slows my corner speed, so there's room for fiddling. That aside, I think there would be a few R32's that could do over 308mph. I haven't tried any, though. My timetable's pretty full this weekend :lol:

I'm also close to two more records, the Sauber C9 and the 787B. So expect me to return soon...

Hi GT_Prologue5 and welcome to :gtplanet: 👍
As you'd expect for a 5 year old game, there's been quite a lot of discussion (almost 400 pages here in this thread alone) about top speed records and as such I've merged your thread (which wasn't a race report) into this thread within the GT4 Tuning forum.

As you can see we have many fast drivers here and a maintained leaderboard is linked to in post #1.
You will be required to post proof of your claim by taking a photo of your final speed and posting it here.

Have fun settling in and getting to know the site. :)

It's been awhile since I tuned this with mcsqueegy ,
sharing setup each other I managed to inch a little better speed with my own gearing.

esprit350topspeedmadmax.png

MadMax

I got my special "BLACK EDITION" GT-One to around 276MPH on "Like The Wind" race. Just had the stage 4 turbo and some nitrous. I didn't adjust the gears at all, just went with it. I know that GT4 is an old game, but i might go to 300+MPH soon. :P

Just posting to let you guys know that I'm currently working on something special. To be a bit more specific, it is taking back one of the records that was somewhat recently lost from me, one of them that means quite a lot to me. I've actually already beaten it, but I currently want to see just how much higher I can get it before posting it.

A new member!
Car:Mazda 787B used, with oil change, chassis refresh and rollcage.
Nitrous:Yes
Top Speed:321.04 mph
Proof:1 2
I love high speeds!:drool:👍:)
DE:All rules followed.
EDIT: I have a new speed:
Car:Audi R8
Nitrous:Yes
Top Speed:347.69 mph
Proof:1

Last edited:
315 and I didn't even think of oil change!

I'm up 320.24, (in the Minolta CV) but not finished yet... I'll post vid or pic when I'm done for the day...

Last edited:
32620.jpg

Not done yet, but as long as I made the top 200, might as well post it!

edit: 337.21 now... so much for the Endurance race I was planning on today... heh.

edit: 349.13 so close XD

34913.jpg

Ok, in the process of trying to get that last .87 mph, I failed to keep track my of changes, and now I can't get past 344 without the front bouncing or going into a wheelie. :(( perhaps another day...

Last edited:
I have gotten the Suzuki Escudo Rally Car up to 311.70mph

Does the leaderboard still get updated?

The Nissan R92CP can also do 340 MPH if you debunk the gearbox.
I will post some pics soon.

I have a 3k gt on gt4 that ive gotten to 306~mph. will post pics.

Edit:

wait does the wheelie glitch apply if the vehicles wheels never leave the ground?

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of Cote de azur i did 346MPH!, Nitros, Turbo, minimal downforce and extended gearing. It would do much more but the torque isn't there, shame cause at 346MPH i still had 4000 revs left! So annoying, I'm glad though because you cant really go more than 30MPH faster without a glitch.

Playstation Pescarlo 05' Stage 4 turbine, Nitrous Oxide
Soon to try the ..
Peugout 906
Toyota GT1
Audi R8
BMW V12
Model T 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
346mph at Cote d'Azur? What the Jeremy Kyle Show participant holding pen have you been smoking to give you the impression that you were doing 346mph at the circuit otherwise known as Monte Carlo? There's no way you can get those speeds without using hybrids.

Out of Cote de azur i did 346MPH !

What? Downhill that thing only does 70mph on the longest hills. maybe if you push it with your Minolta.

346mph at Cote d'Azur? What the Jeremy Kyle Show participant holding pen have you been smoking to give you the impression that you were doing 346mph at the circuit otherwise known as Monte Carlo? There's no way you can get those speeds without using hybrids.

Have you guys bothered to read the original post?

Please refer to the Advanced Rules section at the bottom of this post before posting in this thread.
They apply to you.

<snip>

The Rac3rX Section - Advanced Rules
  • 1. All speeds must be proven
    -1.1 All speeds must be proven by photograph of the Session Record screen showing your maximum speed in miles per hour to go onto the Leaderboard.
    -1.2 All class-record-breaking speeds (Hall of Fame records) and any speed of 350.00mph or greater must be proven by video replay, including Session Record display recorded directly before and/or after the run replay.
    -1.3 Video proof can be requested for any particular speed which is suspected of breaking any rule(s).
    -1.4 All types of proof should be posted by you in this thread.
    [*]2. At no point in your run must any of the car's wheels leave the ground. At no point in your run must your car make contact with any barrier, visible or invisible.
    [*]3. All speed runs must be made at the Test Course in Max Speed Test mode.
  • 4. You must not at any point in your top speed attempt travel backwards around the course.
  • 5. Nitrous is allowed where available.
  • 6. Whether a car is catagorised as road or racing class is usually very clear, however in some situations it is not. My decision is final when there is doubt on this.
    [*]7. No cheat systems or cheat codes are allowed.
  • 8. You may share settings in this thread if you wish, however nobody can force you to do so.
  • 9. Please act with courtesy and respect at all times

<snip>

DE

Have you guys bothered to read the original post?

As per what you have said his speed does not qualify. Now to my question I used the wheelie glitch tuning but the wheels of my car never actually left the ground does this count?

As per what you have said his speed does not qualify. Now to my question I used the wheelie glitch tuning but the wheels of my car never actually left the ground does this count?

Yes. As long as the wheels never actually left the ground you're fine.

Back