Thrustmaster 599XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition!

• Thread starter Mr Latte
  • 95 comments
As much as I say I don't want to deal with potential issues with a Thrustmaster TX base...

The 599XX EVO 30 wheel rim is attractive as heck. If I go with the TX, I will definitely get this rim.

As much as I say I don't want to deal with potential issues with a Thrustmaster TX base...

The 599XX EVO 30 wheel rim is attractive as heck. If I go with the TX, I will definitely get this rim.

I am not that worried, well know they did have some problems but not sure if it still is as bad with the TX.
The warranty (varies in different regions) but is upto a "2 Year Warranty".

Being able to swap over to the T500RS for PS4 and not have to swap pedals is a nice option and getting to enjoy the rims. I would say the biggest issue for the 599xxx rim will be signs of wear and drop in appearance. Gloves are an idea but then you lose that lovely feel.

Thrustmaster are stating limited stocks available now from their online webstores.

Are these ever going to be shipped - Amazon have essentially put my paid for preorder on permanent back order.

Possibly quicker to get it direct from the Thrustmaster online stores, first batch was limited stock.
I cant speak for the USA or other regions but the UK store had stock showing as available from Fri 2nd Oct but are already sold out...

You know whats funny, I don't race with gloves or anything... but when guests (and their kids) come over I can't help it, I always swap out my suede rims for the stock rubber one. :P

Meanwhile @ home of Gunstar. :)

usYy7z1l.jpg

image.jpeg
My rim finally arrived, the feel of the wheel feels real. My hands are more comfortable and the FFB feels stronger. The paddle shifter are quieter than the stock. Here's is a pic, I love it!

Last edited:
Gangi said it was the best Alcantara he'd felt, so that's pretty high praise.

As for the size, I run a 350mm custom rim on my T500 but can still go back to the original GT rim size wise... however the GTE and TX rims, while only a couple cm smaller, were just too small. Obviously your mileage will vary.

Gangi said it was the best Alcantara he'd felt, so that's pretty high praise.

As for the size, I run a 350mm custom rim on my T500 but can still go back to the original GT rim size wise... however the GTE and TX rims, while only a couple cm smaller, were just too small. Obviously your mileage will vary.

Thanks, was just curious as comparing a quality OMP Targa Special Edition around when this was announced.
Though I think it would be a bit big. The Fanatec BMM 320 was nice and kinda wish this was in 320mm too.

Thanks, was just curious as comparing a quality OMP Targa Special Edition around when this was announced.
Though I think it would be a bit big. The Fanatec BMM 320 was nice and kinda wish this was in 320mm too.

Yeah, I'd like to see manufacturers embrace the 320mm rim, as at least an option. If you could get a 320mm rim I don't think I ever would have had to do custom rims.

This rim does have a low weight too as a benefit.
That may help the FFB but awaiting owners comparisons more on this compared to standard T500RS rim or others

Apparently the weight is the exact same as the stocker. I don't think that would matter on T500RS since it has torque to spare, but might really matter on the TX or T300.

Are these ever going to be shipped - Amazon have essentially put my paid for preorder on permanent back order.

My pre-order finally arrived Thursday out of the second bathc I guess. It was so-so on the T500. Odd button mapping on the PS3 and PS4 where frustrating so I just left the stock T500 wheel on and put the Alcantara wheel on the XBone TX wheel. This is a huge improvement over even the add-on wheel the TX.

The Alcantara feels the same as the finish on the GT2 Fanatec - and feels the same as the Sparco in my modded Vette.

As for feel, the wheel really felt good with Forza 6 and the XBone. The extra size is what the XBone has been missing.

The TX with the 599XX wheel felt good with AC on the PC, but I still prefer the T500 with AC and the PC.

The Fanatec BMM 320 was nice and kinda wish this was in 320mm too.
You mean the M3 ? It is 32cm.
From Fanatec site'

"""
Realistic size
Like in the BMW touring cars, the realistic diameter of 320 mm allows precise maneuvers and smooth driving

"""

Can't compare the stitching to the 599xx, but I did have the TM leather GT 28 (for a few hours before I returned it while too small in size). The stitching was not flawless, but not bad either.
I have the Fanatec Porsche 918 RSR and the stitching is impeccable. My guess is that Fanatec's BMW rim will have the same high quality finish ?

A quote from a friend (long time owner of Fanatec and now Thrustmaster gear):

"""""

...I had the GT2, GT3, and the CSW, I always thought GT2./GT3 stitching was better than the CSWs, although the Alcantara was about the same quality, so in my opinion, after few days on the 599xx,
the Alcantara is as good as the CSW's, but I think the stitching is better, on par with GT2 & GT3 rims.
Size-wise, a tad more would be nice, but its a great improvement over the 458GTE, and lighter to boot.

"""""

Last edited:
New wheel arrived on Wednesday, as mentioned before it is the Ferrari 599XX EVO 30 Alcantara wheel that I went for as an upgrade to the 458 GTE rim...

Anyway as expected it looks stunning and even more surprising feels very plush and soft to the touch ( that Alcantara really is Nice!:D ) , from initial looks it doesn't look that much bigger ( 2cm is nothing tbh ) partly due to the fact it is a flat bottom wheel, BUT you really do feel the difference once its mounted to the base and feels a lot bigger and more natural than the GTE rim with your arms being further apart. Forcefeedback defiantly feels a touch better as well with this rim..

Only things I am not happy with are the Paddles , they have used the same paddle as the 28cm wheel so as a result unless you have extremely long fingers only the tips of your fingers are able to barely touch the things to change gear.... they really should of upgraded the paddles to match the circumference of the wheel at the price they charge for this thing! ( I suppose they blew all the budget on that lovely alcantara :rolleyes:).. other thing is a prefer the toggle swith on the GTE rim but that's no biggie tbh and overall am very happy with the wheel:tup:

some pics :

Great photos and thanks for the info, Any ways to mod the shifters do you think?

Oh and is that a Yamaha DSP RX-V4600 I spotted?

Last edited:
Only things I am not happy with are the Paddles , they have used the same paddle as the 28cm wheel so as a result unless you have extremely long fingers only the tips of your fingers are able to barely touch the things to change gear.... they really should of upgraded the paddles to match the circumference of the wheel at the price they charge for this thing! ( I suppose they blew all the budget on that lovely alcantara :rolleyes:).. other thing is a prefer the toggle switch on the GTE rim but that's no biggie tbh and overall am very happy with the wheel:tup:
I just received mine today. First thing I checked was the paddles for shifting. I just can't imagine this being a huge issue. I don't have oven mits for hands, either. Certainly not discrediting your opinion, but I don't think this will be a universal problem. Biggest problem, if it is one, for me is I can hardly reach the D-pad with my left hand on the wheel. It's too far to the middle.

Back