Thrustmaster 599XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition!

• Thread starter Mr Latte
  • 95 comments
Great photos and thanks for the info, Any ways to mod the shifters do you think?

Oh and is that a Yamaha DSP RX-V4600 I spotted?

Cheers mate :D The shifters could be modded but the only way i can see of doing so is by cutting off the shifters and adding few strips of metal to extend them out but not really worth the hassle at the min and i don't want to be the first to butcher such a nice wheel:lol:

Amp is a Yamaha RX-V1800 , bit old now but still a very good sounding amp ( just a shame things move on so fast with HDMI specs :rolleyes:)

I just received mine today. First thing I checked was the paddles for shifting. I just can't imagine this being a huge issue. I don't have oven mits for hands, either. Certainly not discrediting your opinion, but I don't think this will be a universal problem. Biggest problem, if it is one, for me is I can hardly reach the D-pad with my left hand on the wheel. It's too far to the middle.

Oh Sorry didn't mean for it to sound a huge issue as it isn't really but it is a touch more uncomfortable than the GTE rim for me concerning paddle placement , for example when i hold the GTE rim the paddle are right next to my fingers so i am able to quickly lift a finger and give the paddle a flick but on the EVO rim find myself reaching out to give the paddle a flick. Will obviously get use to it over time but i still think it would of been nice if they extended the paddles a little to match the rim:)

Oh Sorry didn't mean for it to sound a huge issue as it isn't really but it is a touch more uncomfortable than the GTE rim for me concerning paddle placement , for example when i hold the GTE rim the paddle are right next to my fingers so i am able to quickly lift a finger and give the paddle a flick but on the EVO rim find myself reaching out to give the paddle a flick. Will obviously get use to it over time but i still think it would of been nice if they extended the paddles a little to match the rim:)
You know, now that you say it...I have no comparison to go with. I'm going straight from the DFGT (with these paddles) to this. So, without a point of reference, they seem pretty well natural to me.

This was delivered to me today, can't test it till tonight but it feels and even smells wonderful

IMG_3739.JPG

Can't wait!

Well, the rim is excellent. The material is really nice, it's light and picks up small vibrations very well. Feels very luxurious indeed and deserves to be constantly stroked :P Impressed!

One thing that I dislike is the D-pad. It has very little click or movement and the design of the D-buttons is shocking, too thin, too pointy. Is everyone's D-pad like this? With such little movement? Each button responds as normal, they just don't move much. The stock T300 D-pad is far better.

I just got this wheel and I gotta say, it's pretty nice!
At first I was disappointed because of D pad not working on Ps4, but a simple firmware update fixed it. I was worried about the paddles being too short but they are fine and easily reached and I don't have XXL hands

Very happy with this, much better realism and quality compared to the stock T300 rim.

Felt amazing driving the actual 599XX EVO in DRIVECLUB whilst in cockpit view yesterday lol!!!:lol:

Although I can't really use it at the moment as we are going through a replacement process with TM - significant FFB and fan fading after a few laps, to the point where it is basically undriveable :banghead:.
Can't wait for the replacement though!!

Just received the wheel combined with the T300 base and T3PA pedals, but I notice that the left paddle shift makes a different sound compared to the right paddle shift, left is much more like a spring, while right is a real click. Does anyone else have the same?

Just received the wheel combined with the T300 base and T3PA pedals, but I notice that the left paddle shift makes a different sound compared to the right paddle shift, left is much more like a spring, while right is a real click. Does anyone else have the same?
They should both have a real click. Is the left hand side registering every pull on the paddle properly (looking in windows control panel calibration screen)?

Pretty typical of the TM stuff in terms of quality.....though I think this wheel(which I also just bought) is a bit better in that regard vs my GTE wheel)

Pretty typical of the TM stuff in terms of quality.....though I think this wheel(which I also just bought) is a bit better in that regard vs my GTE wheel)

To be fair their does not seem to be a mass of people having this issue or other issues with the rim. Well going by this thread anyways. If one arrived with such problem then return to etailer for refund under your countrys consumer law. Then order another.

I just received my replacement which is a lot better. Still this one has the same as described by SanderF1, left is more like a spring, right gives a harder click. At least the left one registers the gear change at the same time as the right one. Guess it won't get better than this.

I received this lovely rim last Saturday. Quite impressed. Overall feel and immersion is really good. It transmits the forces quite well. Paddle placement is not a problem for me, though a tiny bit closer to the rim would be better for more people. The button placement is good, though the D-pad is far away as mentioned before. I too have a very short throw on the D-pad buttons, it takes a little more pressure to activate the switches then other D-pads. I can live with it. That also means that it is less likely to push it accidentally. I am using it without gloves, but so far it still looks and smells like new.

My gear shift paddles are working fine. They both have that positive click to it. Both clicks are equal in volume and have the same activation distance. The left paddle has a slightly lower tone to it than the right paddle. I like that subtle difference.

Comparison with my old G25:

2016-01-24 23.27.25.jpg

Had this for a while now. I thought I'd still be switching my wheels around based on cars. But I really haven't. The size being about as big as the normal T500 wheel means 2 things, 1) its a larger diameter unlike the GTE so when driving "normal" cars the size feels right, and 2) the paddles are a bit more offset inward that when not using them its not in the way, but not so far that when you do use them you feel its a reach. Also helps that this seems to be the least glitchy wheel I have with no random button activation like my GTE wheel does. Still feel slightly wrong driving Prototype or Open wheel cars with it because of the larger size. But that's just me being odd...lol

Just bought the 599xx evo ferrari wheel to my t500rs. But the button setting sucks. The left gear pad connects to the direction but ten down and the right gear pad connects to the triangle button. This can't be right. Anybody with the same problem?
Sorry for posting here, but didn't know how to start new thread.
Mike.

Ps. Playing gt6

Last edited:
Maybe something in the GT6 configuration of the button layout? Could be that the PS3 now thinks it is a T300? So maybe try to change your configuration in the options, see if that solves it. Does it function correctly in other games or platforms?

Maybe something in the GT6 configuration of the button layout? Could be that the PS3 now thinks it is a T300? So maybe try to change your configuration in the options, see if that solves it. Does it function correctly in other games or platforms?

Havent tryed it on other platforms, just gt6. i can change it in options, but i just dosent seems right that the left gear pad connects to the direction butten down, and the right gear pad connects to the triangle button. If i want to change between sterring wheels i have to set them up each time.. I MUST be doing something wrong..
Mike

Just bought the 599xx evo ferrari wheel to my t500rs. But the button setting sucks. The left gear pad connects to the direction but ten down and the right gear pad connects to the triangle button. This can't be right. Anybody with the same problem?
Sorry for posting here, but didn't know how to start new thread.
Mike.

Ps. Playing gt6
Kelse you must update your T500 with last firmware V43: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=316&cid=15
T500_CPL_FW_V43.jpg

Does anyone know if it's possible to remap the PS/Options/Share buttons in those wheels? It seems stupid to have this rotating switch and not be able to use it for changing car settings, but use it as console buttons instead!

I have just treated myself to the 599 alacantra add on. How is the wear on this ? is it still feeling nice and still looking good ?

Mines is looking great after just giving it a clean but have noticed the stitching has gone at the corner underneath where your right thumb sometimes rests. Don't know how easy it would be to have it RE stitched?

Guys,
Someone knows what buttons should be used for the paddle shifters, mines start to miss a lot of shifts...

Should I get this or the F1 version??

I cant decide. I dont really want to get so many rims. Only time I might buy another if Thrustmaster releases a FXX K version or its Evo one.

Im most likely looking into getting the F1 i just cant decide as the 599xx rim looks so cool but I have the 458 GTE rim too. Hence why im making a choice between the F1 or the 599.

Which should I get?

Guys,
Someone knows what buttons should be used for the paddle shifters, mines start to miss a lot of shifts...

I have read from some users that using canned air can resolve this. There might be some dirt stuck around the switches of the paddleshifters.

Should I get this or the F1 version??

I cant decide. I dont really want to get so many rims. Only time I might buy another if Thrustmaster releases a FXX K version or its Evo one.

Im most likely looking into getting the F1 i just cant decide as the 599xx rim looks so cool but I have the 458 GTE rim too. Hence why im making a choice between the F1 or the 599.

Which should I get?

To my opinion the F1 just looks to cheaply made... But lots of other people really like it. If you are goint to play a lot of F1 games you might be happy getting the F1 wheel. There are rumors that TM is working on a new version though.
The 599 is a direct replacement for the 458GTE, meaning you will never use the 458 again. The alcantara feels soft and high quality and the 30cm diameter (8:10 scale) makes it feel more realistic. If you dont want to own to many rims, I would sell the 458GTE and buy both the F1 and 599 which compliment eachother and have good resale value.

Whilst I have issues with the T300 wheelbase due to its shoddy construction and reliability issues, I do love the rim that I have attached to it. The 599 rim is a lovely piece of kit and I love the feel of the wheel and the extra size. Minor gripe with the button assignments in that I can't bind the dial switch to anything other than "Options" in PC2 but hopefully that will be fixed eventually.

It does need regular cleaning though and I use a damp, slightly soapy cloth to clean the wheel about once a month. It comes back to almost new feel each time so it would appear that Alcantara is a resilient material. I also wash my hands before I use the wheel.

Back