Thrustmaster Announce Two New Add-on Wheel Rims in its Racing Ecosystem

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 59 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Rennes, March 13, 2019 — In the GT category, the virtual 2019 season is set to be just as thrilling as its real-world counterpart, particularly thanks to Thrustmaster’s announcement that it will soon be adding two new wheel rims to its racing ecosystem in order to meet the demand from its user communities.

p310_-_open_wheel.png

“Your Race, Your Style, Your Setups”: that’s the philosophy behind Thrustmaster’s ecosystem — which is constantly expanding, month after month, to meet the different requests from members of its racing community and its fans all around the world!

Thrustmaster, the iconic e-racing brand, has decided to give its users even more incredible options when building their dream setups — no matter what style of racing they’re into.

Today, Thrustmaster is thrilled to be putting the final touches on the bridge that it’s been building between the real and virtual worlds.

These latest exciting developments will be in the form of two new realistic, GT-inspired wheel rims set to be unveiled behind the scenes at the Circuit Paul Ricard: the legendary motorsport race track in Le Castellet, France.

On March 13 and 14, 2019, the leading GT racing teams will be on hand to refine their strategies and make the final tweaks before the new Blancpain GT Series season gets underway.

Alongside the real tests on the circuit, six Thrustmaster virtual racing setups will be available in pit number 4, allowing users to try out the new wheel rims in the breathtaking game Assetto Corsa Competizione.

The TM Competition Wheel Add-On Sparco® P310 Mod wheel rim, designed as an official replica of the world-famous Sparco® P310 steering wheel, is a vector for immersion and realism thanks to its unique ergonomically-designed shape, suede grips and various high-quality materials. Designed with performance in mind, it’s the perfect solution for gamers searching for lifelike sport-style driving conditions!

This wheel rim — finally available in a standalone version, at the request of the Thrustmaster’s racing community — is exquisitely balanced for GT racing, and features nine action buttons, two 100% metal paddle shifters, a D-pad with push button, and carbon-style button supports.

The wheel has everything users need to break their records more quickly than ever before, under the best possible conditions.

The TM Open Wheel Add-On, also sold without a wheel base, has been developed in the style of the wheels on real GT, LMP and LMS cars found on today’s racing circuits. It’s compact in size (11 inches/28 cm in diameter) to ensure versatile driving ergonomics, and helps users improve their performance.

This wheel rim, the lightest ever designed in Thrustmaster’s ecosystem, will allow gamers to experience Force Feedback effects that are as close as possible to real-world racing conditions.

The icing on the cake is that both add-on wheel rims are of course compatible with all Thrustmaster T-Series racing wheel bases (sold separately).

Unlike the real-world racing teams and drivers who will be present at the Circuit Paul Ricard, Thrustmaster is no longer in a testing period: the official announcement regarding these two new wheel rims coincides with the beginning of pre-orders for both — so get ready, because the fun is about to begin!

Compatible with the Thrustmaster ecosystem*

T500 RS, T300 RS Servo Base, T300 RS, T300 GT Edition, T300 Ferrari GTE, T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition, TX Racing Wheel Servo Base, TX Racing Wheel, TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition, TS-XW RACER, TS-PC RACER, T-GT (*sold separately).

The key dates and pricing for Thrustmaster’s latest add-ons are as follows:

- TM Open Wheel Add-On:

• Pre-orders start: 04/04/2019
  • Commercial availability: April 18, 2019
  • Suggested retail price: £119.99/129,99€

- TM Competition Wheel Add-On Sparco P310 Mod:

• Pre-orders start: 04/04/2019
  • Commercial availability: June 20, 2019
  • Suggested retail price: £189.99/199,99€
TM COMPETITION WHEEL Add-On Sparco P310 Mod

TM Open Wheel Add-on

TM EVOLUTION + CABLE

Last edited:
Great additions to the Ecosystem. Sadly nothing new. They really should update their F1 ferrari addon that is howing its age. Still no update on rumored LC pedalset.

This is great news and I'm definitely planning to get one, haven't quite decided yet.

The Open Wheel doesn't look it does anything the F1 rim doesn't do better, but the lightness and the suede handles sound good.

The P310 looks amazing, and I'm leaning in that direction but the price is a little steep, and I'm concerned that the TX servo base could struggle with such a big rim.

Does anyone with a TX or T300 base have the Rally rim, if so have you had any problems?

This is great news and I'm definitely planning to get one, haven't quite decided yet.

The Open Wheel doesn't look it does anything the F1 rim doesn't do better, but the lightness and the suede handles sound good.

The P310 looks amazing, and I'm leaning in that direction but the price is a little steep, and I'm concerned that the TX servo base could struggle with such a big rim.

Does anyone with a TX or T300 base have the Rally rim, if so have you had any problems?

I have the TM open wheel. And personally it is much better then the Ferrari F1 wheel, which I briefly owned. The grips are beefy and feel much better then the sticky rubber ones. Another point I want to make for the TM open wheel is you can attach the BT LED display to it if you want. You cant with the Ferrari F1 wheel.

I didn't mean to disparage the Open Wheel. Personally I would miss the thumb switches on the F1 wheel, and the push/pull shifters have saved my bacon a few times in the past.

The BT LED feature is a nice one I didn't know about, but I'm playing on the Xbox One and wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

TM's ad copy, says that bc the Open Wheel is so light you get a better FFB feeling than with other rims. Has this been your experience?

I didn't mean to disparage the Open Wheel. Personally I would miss the thumb switches on the F1 wheel, and the push/pull shifters have saved my bacon a few times in the past.

The BT LED feature is a nice one I didn't know about, but I'm playing on the Xbox One and wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

TM's ad copy, says that bc the Open Wheel is so light you get a better FFB feeling than with other rims. Has this been your experience?

What I really dislike of the F1 wheel are the stickers on the buttons, the buttons that rotate (the stickers are never straight), the "fake buttons" and the sticky rubber grips. I really hope TM is coming with a new Ferrari branded F1 wheel.

That could be true. Probably you will only notice if you pay attention to it. I have a T-GT though, but honestly dont notice that much difference in feel between my heaviest wheel, the Ferrari alcantara and the open wheel.

The stickers are pretty annoying for sure

The suede handles on the open rim are a clear upgrade over the rubber

If they make a new one, it should be Red Bull branded tbh :lol:

The stickers are pretty annoying for sure

The suede handles on the open rim are a clear upgrade over the rubber

If they make a new one, it should be Red Bull branded tbh :lol:

I would agree, but licensing is an issue and I am sure TM pays a premium for Ferrari branding.

Hello everyone. Yes, I was also delighted with this news. Although I don’t have any products, I wanted to share with you the fact that I bought a steering wheel from China and it was 32 cm in diameter. cannot cope with Force Feedback because they make it new bases, it means a weak engine, it cannot pull out such a wheel so much. But in any case it is good. This new experience only for some reason did it with Masters so long ago it was possible to do it much earlier. make a cone for your customers s. and all because they wanted to start selling some batch of their new steering wheel sets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-14-09-45-08-256_com.vkontakte.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-14-09-45-08-256_com.vkontakte.android.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 135
I'm hoping that now that the exclusive rims are for sale, the TS-PC and TS-XW servo bases will be made available for standalone purchase.

The XW is supposed to be a pretty big upgrade from the TX

TM Competition Wheel Add-On Sparco P310 Mod on a T-GT base:

D1jIHxvX4AAKhUG.jpg

The XW is supposed to be a pretty big upgrade from the TX
Much better cooling, 50% more power but it is still a dual belt drive mechanism which has more friction and damping compared to a single belt drive mechanism. Unfortunately, the single belt drive mechanism in the other brand has its own problem.

TM Competition Wheel Add-On Sparco P310 Mod on a T-GT base:

D1jIHxvX4AAKhUG.jpg

Much better cooling, 50% more power but it is still a dual belt drive mechanism which has more friction and damping compared to a single belt drive mechanism. Unfortunately, the single belt drive mechanism in the other brand has its own problem.

I rarely see any complaints about the TS-PC/XW/GT racer. It seems it is a very solid kit. The only thing really missing in the line-up from TM is better pedals. If they finally release decent LC pedals they have the guns to better compete with the other brand in the mid/enthousiast market.

I rarely see any complaints about the TS-PC/XW/GT racer. It seems it is a very solid kit. The only thing really missing in the line-up from TM is better pedals. If they finally release decent LC pedals they have the guns to better compete with the other brand in the mid/enthousiast market.

in Russia there was an exhibition from TM, we asked representatives when to expect the pedal of the Fanatek level. The answer was sad for our users and so everything suits! horror (((and more than 3 months later I wrote an e-mail about the new development of pedals; the answer was the same.

in Russia there was an exhibition from TM, we asked representatives when to expect the pedal of the Fanatek level. The answer was sad for our users and so everything suits! horror (((and more than 3 months later I wrote an e-mail about the new development of pedals; the answer was the same.

???

Trastmaster company did an exhibition. There was a representative man, he was asked a question about the new products, namely the pedals. When to expect new pedals? The answer was “we are not going to compete with more expensive brands, we are working on our niche in simraising and we are still satisfied with everything” new pedals are not expected.:confused::irked:

Isn't there an adapter or two on the market that would allow you to pair your fanatec pedals with your thrustmaster?

you are deeply mistaken! it looks great and you don’t have to compare them with different price categories.

You want to tell me what i have to like and what not? We are not in russia! It is my own decision what looks good to me.
Also, why not compare them? They are both the same category of rim- just other brand.

You want to tell me what i have to like and what not? We are not in russia! It is my own decision what looks good to me.
Also, why not compare them? They are both the same category of rim- just other brand.
Your opinion is your right, and I expressed my point of view! You buy these wheels and compare them face to face sure your sayings will sound different! Have a nice day!

And what's the difference who lives where:confused: one product at all!

You want to tell me what i have to like and what not?
Is a discussion forum, as such you need to expect your views to be challenged by those who may disagree.

You also need to take into account that English may well not be the member in questions first language.

We are not in russia!
Really quite a poor attempt at a dig, and ironic given your the one trying to shut down someone's opinion (not to mention inaccurate given the members posted location).

It is my own decision what looks good to me.
Indeed it is, others may disagree.

Why not indeed, as long as you remember that looks are subjective, the price differs and very few people have had hands on with these new rims.

Keep all that in mind and I'm sure no one will have an issue with comparisons.

The gap between the buttons and the lower half of the rim looks very small on the Sparco - very restrictive perhaps? Finger jamming?

Trastmaster company did an exhibition. There was a representative man, he was asked a question about the new products, namely the pedals. When to expect new pedals? The answer was “we are not going to compete with more expensive brands, we are working on our niche in simraising and we are still satisfied with everything” new pedals are not expected.:confused::irked:
I will never understand these guy it is like they think only one thing matters, they are missing out. I have wanted to try out some TM products bit if they do not care about what half of the sim experience is I'll just continue to use the competition that realize there is more to driving than a wheel.

I think any new sim racing kit for us to choose from is very welcomed, especially from the lower to mid price points so kudos to Thrustmaster.

I'm very happy with my current gear from Bavaria, so not currently purchasing but will keep a close eye on reviews here.

Back