Thrustmaster Announce Two New Add-on Wheel Rims in its Racing Ecosystem

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by super_gt, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Absolutely zero tolerance for that kind of nonsense. As you were, folks.

super_gt and PzR Slim like this.
  2. Ace Carrera

Ace Carrera

I miss the days when steering wheels were, you know, round.

gabrielradu likes this.
  3. PSN:And-War

PSN:And-War

Will they work with 300rs base?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  4. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

yes

PSN:And-War and super_gt like this.
  5. super_gt

super_gt

Compatible with the Thrustmaster ecosystem*

T500 RS, T300 RS Servo Base, T300 RS, T300 GT Edition, T300 Ferrari GTE, T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition, TX Racing Wheel Servo Base, TX Racing Wheel, TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition, TS-XW RACER, TS-PC RACER, T-GT (*sold separately).

PSN:And-War and PocketZeven like this.
  6. 305Michael305

305Michael305

Can you guys please help me with a question about the to open wheel that’s new. It says it’s compatible with the tc servo base and other wheels. Do you need the servo base? Right now i have the Logitech Xbox g920 wheel and pedals. I want to replace he wheel and would like this one as it’s brand new and looks so much cooler it looks like an f1 wheel or lmp1 wheel. Do I need the servo base to use it? or do I just need the little adapter to make this new tm wheel to work with Logitech pedals. This tm open wheel is for Xbox correct? thrusmaster I think just does stuff for games so much better. And the price seems great.

7. Racetee

Racetee

You will need a thrustmaster base to use these wheels.

super_gt likes this.
  8. 305Michael305

305Michael305

Ok so I need to get the thrusmaster servo base. Ok thanks good to know I will definitely look Into it. To bad this doesn’t come with a base.

9. super_gt

super_gt

TS-PC Racer but this is only for PC, TS-XW Racer is for Xbox One and PC.

FPV MIC likes this.
  10. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

You could get one of these (check in the quote below). He's just made one for the G920 as well (read post #9 of the thread quoted :tup:).

Edited to add this link: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MVHStudios

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    super_gt likes this.
  11. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

The TS-PC racer you mean?

12. 305Michael305

305Michael305

I want this
    Thrustmaster Racing Wheel Servo Base for Xbox One or TX Racing Wheel Servo Base. Just has to be for Xbox.

+

Thrustmaster Open Wheel Add On (Which is releasing for pre order April 4 and is for Xbox and pc. I’m getting it for Xbox)

+

Thrustmaster Wheel to Logitech Pedal Adapter (Which will makes my peddles work)

=

I’m going to replace my Logitech g920 wheel I got this past holiday season on sale. And I regret it so much because I wanted the f1 Ferrari thrusmaster wheel but the sales for others wheels and peddles where a little to high but I should have bought it. Now I’m spending more to get thrusmaster stuff. It’s just so far nothing is good price. Since both the Ferrari wheel and this new lmp1 looking wheel are wheels only no thrusmaster part. Just the wheel to stick on other thrusmaster wheel
    S that come off

13. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Just pre-ordered the Open Wheel rim, review when it arrives

FPV MIC and super_gt like this.
  14. jamman39

jamman39

I ordered the Sparco one :dunce:

FPV MIC, Scaff and super_gt like this.
  15. WildRun

WildRun

16. 305Michael305

305Michael305

Can you guys help me decide which is the way to go with buying a thrusmaster wheel. I feel I need to switch from Logitech g920 and move to thrusmaster since they seem to be more for Xbox and seem more used with sim racing. I’m starting out and just getting my feet wet but last winter on sale I got the Logitech g920 and wheels for a good start price around 200 dollars I think maybe 250. It’s fun but I think I should have gone with thrusmaster. After more review or readings over the past few months it seems thrusmaster works better with Xbox abd is even more real when playing then Logitech. I also really want the f1 wheel or the New tm open wheel since they look so cool. So my question I know thrusmaster has wheels that cone off but prices seem all over the place. Also I hear mixed reviews that the Xbox servo base isn’t very good or at lest the comments I read on amazon say so or they had to replace it soon after getting it. So if I want the new wheel add on or the old f1 wheel. What set is best to get and priced decent. Or do you get the servo base for Xbox and is the servo base for Xbox reliable. Because then with that base you can then get a wheel of your choice. Yes the base is pricey at 250 or so but is it the right way to go. I also heard I can keep my Logitech pedals since they sell an adapter that would work with thrusmaster and Logitech. Or is it better to get a wheel set from thrusmaster. I don’t need a clutch pedal. That just came with my g920 package. Sorry for rambling but I appreciate any opinions and advice

17. super_gt

super_gt

The TX Racing Wheel Servo Base is not world-famous for its reliability, the TS-XW Racer is much better in this regard(I mean reliability).

PocketZeven and FPV MIC like this.
  18. jamman39

jamman39

I've had a TX Servo base die on me, but Thrustmaster was very good with sending me a warranty replacement very quickly. Warranty should be one year in the US or two in Europe

TS-XW should be a better option with reliability, but it's only available as part of a $650-700 bundle. Hopefully now that the other parts of the bundle have been made available seperately the base will be sold seperately too. I'd like to upgrade to it

19. 305Michael305

305Michael305

Yeah warranty is a must on purchasing these types of things. I may go with this
    1. Thrusmaster tx rw. Then get an f1 or tm wheel. )
    If I don’t go with just the servo base and the f1 wheel. I’m doing this upgrade probably early summer.

20. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

And mine has shipped........

super_gt likes this.
  21. 305Michael305

305Michael305

I regret not getting the thrusmaster. But I’m trading in my Xbox one x later this summer so i will update my wheel to a PS4 thrusmaster. But I regret my purchase in December because I got Logitech so ugh. But oh well lesson learned do more research and pick more wisely

22. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

Dont regret going not to fanatec later on then. Its worth doing the research on their products too.

23. 305Michael305

305Michael305

No that’s to expensive right now. I would love fanatec. But I will get thrusmaster for sure this holiday season and the correct latest one within a good price. I have the next gen racing stand. I just need to switch out the Xbox Logitech wheel. If i get the adapter I can keep the Logitech pedals otherwise maybe the wheel I get will have pedals

24. shoemaker

shoemaker

The F1 rim right shifter has bust on mine. It clicks just fine but it doesn’t do anything. Build quality is appalling like the servo base. Iam on my 3rd base now through warranty.

25. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Thrustmaster TM Open Wheel Add-on - unboxing

26. CayenneGTS

CayenneGTS

I just started using the TM open wheel on a T-GT base for GT Sport. Does anyone know if you can assign the rotary switch to change the MFD modes in game?

27. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

They act as buttons, so if you can remap them you might be able to do it.