Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok. The Motors of the Porsche wheels and CSR wheels are identical to the V1 and the sold qty of those wheels is much higher. But you only hear about V1 Motor issues, right?

The moq of those Motors is huge and supply lasts for long time so a large number of wheels was affectec.

Obviously not all wheels so this proofs that your assumptions and claims are simply not true. Why are you not just happy with the working wheel you have and move on? No need to continious iOly spread negativity and false rumors.

Ok. The Motors of the Porsche wheels and CSR wheels are identical to the V1 and the sold qty of those wheels is much higher. But you only hear about V1 Motor issues, right?

The moq of those Motors is huge and supply lasts for long time so a large number of wheels was affectec.

Obviously not all wheels so this proofs that your assumptions and claims are simply not true. Why are you not just happy with the working wheel you have and move on? No need to continious iOly spread negativity and false rumors.
Whats false about what I said? What rumor am I spreading?
I wont say I'm happy with the wheel I have, its been broke and off for repair a lot, but accepting of what I have in the V1 and use it accordingly.

Whats false about what I said? What rumor am I spreading?
I wont say I'm happy with the wheel I have, its been broke and off for repair a lot, but accepting of what I have in the V1 and use it accordingly.

Please continue on Fanatec Wheel threads. I'm sure you guys get more traction to support your arguments while none of us wants to hear about them here as it doesn't relate to the topic at all.

Any plan to ship Fanatec products to Israel?!

Sorry, wrong question on a wrong thread. Why bother to ask that here anyway? You should ask Fanatec directly via their website or social media or email.

Last edited:
Welcome back and quite a long post indeed. I think most of us who already owns a TM or ffb wheel is looking forward to find out more about the internals of this new wheel more than anything and also the pricing.

Hopefully TM won't do what Logitech did with G29. :lol:

I hope not too, but it seems like the entire design is different so it not like it will be a logitech-esque rehash of and old product lol. Lets just hope it isn't way overpriced like the G29!

I highly doubt that. 27cm is quite small. The smallest acceptable rim nowadays, and the smallest rim TM currently makes, is 28cm.

Ya know, I was going to go with 28cm and I probably should have. I know 28cm+ is the standard, and it is also my opinion that anything smaller is unacceptable for most types of racing (I like my small rims for carts, open wheel etc of course) but for an all around rim 27cm wouldn't be great. I came up with this size just by judging the picture, although it could be the overall design and thickness of the rim playing tricks on my eyes. I will leave my prediction the same anyways, I don't mind being wrong :)

I hope not too, but it seems like the entire design is different so it not like it will be a logitech-esque rehash of and old product lol. Lets just hope it isn't way overpriced like the G29!

I'm hoping it stays in the 3 digit range....

Jerome

Any idea if we'll be able to use our current stable of Thrustmaster wheel rims? It looks so, but not sure.
The rim looks to have the same locking collar as existing wheels, so it's looking hopeful. As is the plug for pedals which looks standard for TM.

I think they will do their best to make all rims usable, unless the current mounting system can't handle the torque...

I'm more concerned whether my CPX adapter will work so I can get some nice Fanatec v3 pedals. I would assume so, but.....

Jerome

Well knowing Thrustmaster a November launch would actually trickle the wheel out to all regions about 6 months later, so I say they stick to November. That way chances are good that the wheel will be in stock everywhere by GTS launch :)

With the delay of GT Sport, I wonder if this wheel will be delayed?

I wondered the same thing!

Well knowing Thrustmaster a November launch would actually trickle the wheel out to all regions about 6 months later, so I say they stick to November. That way chances are good that the wheel will be in stock everywhere by GTS launch :)

Wouldn't make sense to launch it without the game. I hope they take GTS delay to refine the wheel and manufacturing process. Thrustmaster track record isn't good when it comes to new products. Both T500RS & T300RS have various issues in their early product cycle.

Wouldn't make sense to launch it without the game. I hope they take GTS delay to refine the wheel and manufacturing process. Thrustmaster track record isn't good when it comes to new products. Both T500RS & T300RS have various issues in their early product cycle.
They could launch a generic, non-GT badged version first, iron out the bugs with that, and then release the GT badged version when GT launches. If they did coordinate the launch of the wheel with the November launch of GTS already, I can't imagine they're going to want to sit on a warehouse full of product "indefinitely".

They could launch a generic, non-GT badged version first, iron out the bugs with that, and then release the GT badged version when GT launches. If they did coordinate the launch of the wheel with the November launch of GTS already, I can't imagine they're going to want to sit on a warehouse full of product "indefinitely".
Highly unlikely. The new wheel is a partnership with Polyphony regardless of how much Kaz/Polyphony is involved. I don't think a non-GT badge wheel will be out for at least a year after GTS comes out let alone no major racing title coming out this next 6 months to drive demand.

Besides, God knows what the clauses are in the contract with regards to their partnership.

T500 was released as the official licensed wheel for GT5, then the box was updated for GT6 license, but it was never released with non GT branding (except in the F1 integral package I guess).

Now that Thrustmaster has many rims, I could see them releasing it as a GTS branded package including pedals (likely T3PA-Pros) but also as a stand-alone wheelbase 6-9 months later.

T500 was released as the official licensed wheel for GT5, then the box was updated for GT6 license, but it was never released with non GT branding (except in the F1 integral package I guess).

Now that Thrustmaster has many rims, I could see them releasing it as a GTS branded package including pedals (likely T3PA-Pros) but also as a stand-alone wheelbase 6-9 months later.
Stand-alone wheelbase would be great. But I would also like to see new pedals and shifter as well.

Do you guys have a link to the release date confirmation?
There is no confirmation, we're discussing it because the only information we have to go on is the GTS branding hinting that it would be released at Gran Turismo Sport launch (November). Just like T500 was launched with GT5.

Thrustmaster have two options, assuming they were going to be able to hit November:
(1) Launch as planned but maybe with a non-GTS-branded rim, ramp up global availability over the coming months, launch a GTS-branded version with GTS.
(2) Wait for GTS launch, which is presumably going to be sometime in 2017 (maybe summer? who knows...)

I am curious why they haven't officially announced it till now.

It's everyone's guess why there hasn't been any announcement and not even a single word from Thrustmaster. However, the silence is working very well. I'm not sure if anyone else feels just as excited as I am ever since the wheel was teased at the Gran Turismo Sport event especially when Kaz said it's direct-drive.

Last edited:
well, after a while we finally have some footage of this wheel in action.

The official Ayrton Senna youtube channel has posted an interview with Yamauchi-san, regarding the partnership between the Ayrton Senna Institute and Polyphony, what Senna meant to Yamauchi on a personal level and so on. During the interview, fully subtitled in English, we can see both Yamauchi and the interviewer using this new wheel with GT Sport.

On a sidenote, is that red cockpit on the right-side motion-capable??

Last edited:

Not only that, the screens look like triples to me.

If he's demonstrating GTS using a desk and chair, then I suspect the motion rig is running on PC and using software which actually help him practice racing. Bets on it being iRacing with a nice direct drive wheel? ;)

well, after a while we finally have some footage of this wheel in action.

The official Ayrton Senna youtube channel has posted an interview with Yamauchi-san, regarding the partnership between the Ayrton Senna Institute and Polyphony, what Senna meant to Yamauchi on a personal level and so on. During the interview, fully subtitled in English, we can see both Yamauchi and the interviewer using this new wheel with GT Sport.

You should post this video in the GT Sport section,it will be interesting for the fans there and you will get a decent number of likes.

Latest Posts

Back