Thrustmaster Reveals New $350 Ferrari SF1000 Wheel, Available Now

Any news if Gt7 will get support for this wheel rim???

Apparently not, to me it looks if they couldn’t bother with SF1000 and consoles. Nevertheless the ACC works in native mode now, however its not showing full output data as on PC just speed, revs, lap times and led lights.

SF1000 Rim is supported in GT7 - PS4 & PS5:
  • All rotaries are working
  • Analog Paddles are working
  • Screen Telemetry is working for REV LEDS / SHIFTER / SPEED / RPM

and is also supported in ASSETTO CORSA COPETIZIONE - PS5:

Last edited:
SF1000 Rim is supported in GT7 - PS4 & PS5:
  • All rotaries are working
  • Analog Paddles are working
  • Screen Telemetry is working for REV LEDS / SHIFTER / SPEED / RPM

and is also supported in ASSETTO CORSA COPETIZIONE - PS5:

Cool! My bad I didn’t even bother to try SF1000 with GT7, now there’s more value to it!

Cool! My bad I didn’t even bother to try SF1000 with GT7, now there’s more value to it!
Have you already tried it? For me, the clutch triggers are accelerator and brake. I don't understand how the nice Frenchman in the video managed to look around in the cockpit with the triggers.

Edit: Ok, I think I just figured it out myself. The SF1000 is completely new to me, just recieved it on Saturday.
The E8 Encoder Positions switches the function of the DAP Triggers

2022-03-07 16_22_49-Window.png

Last edited:
Have you already tried it? For me, the clutch triggers are accelerator and brake. I don't understand how the nice Frenchman in the video managed to look around in the cockpit with the triggers.

You have to put “phase” rotary switch (middle one) to 4, than it will act as a look around.

•In NATIVE Mode
= Plug & Play and no Wi-Fi configuration required
= More telemetry settings are displayed (with more accuracy and no latency)
This mode is made for the latest PC/PS4™/PS5™ games.
List of games already compatible in NATIVE Mode
-GRAN TURISMO™ 7 – PS4™ [Rev Leds / Shifter / Speed / Rpm] [full Mapping in Games setting tab]
- GRAN TURISMO™ 7 – PS5™ [Rev Leds / Shifter / Speed / Rpm] [full Mapping in Games setting tab]
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/ferrarisf1000addon-en/

Should I buy this wheel or the open wheel ad on. I want something for multiple style of racer (gt3 or f1). I am a beginner in racer so I don’t know if I really need all of the buttons right now ?

Should I buy this wheel or the open wheel ad on. I want something for multiple style of racer (gt3 or f1). I am a beginner in racer so I don’t know if I really need all of the buttons right now

Get SF1000 its cool and the more buttons you have the better it is eventually. But if as you say you are a beginner and not yet finally decided if you stick with the hobby or not, just get yourself open wheel add-on as its three or even four time less expensive compared to SF1000, but still cool upgrade over stock rim, unless you have P310.

I was finally able to find one of these today, should be here next week. Does anyone know if that new tire info you can get on the dashboard app, shows up on the wheel screen?

I bought this a week ago.

Its a good wheel but one problem. The display freezes over time when playing.

I found out a lot of people have this problem. I updated the wheel and the wheel rim. Still freezes over time.

Pretty disappointing Thrustmaster.

Mine started to freeze as well. And I must say it’s not game breaking but rather annoying. Will try to get through TM support. I’m disappointed with overall quality of the product and console game support. Previously I was able to replace it with TM the first time due to other issues that occurred with SF1000, now new issue popped up hopefully they replace it again.

Waste of money for me on xbox. Acc doesn’t support UDP. I only hope that future driving sims support UDP or i will sell it. Still waiting for the DD wheel to be released, let alone for console. TM are are really lagging now, poor build quality across the driving sim marketplace,years behind the competition. Joke of a company at this point.

Waste of money for me on xbox. Acc doesn’t support UDP. I only hope that future driving sims support UDP or i will sell it. Still waiting for the DD wheel to be released, let alone for console. TM are are really lagging now, poor build quality across the driving sim marketplace,years behind the competition. Joke of a company at this point.

Yes, I have the same feelings, after investing in TMs ecosystem and getting all their “top-tier” products I feel left behind. I’m already considering selling everything for as much as it can be sold and going Fanatec way or gambling and getting Logitech G Pro wheel and pedals hoping they will expand the ecosystem.

An update from TM on screen freeze issues! There’s none actually, after asking me to perform some tests, which I did, they haven’t answered my email for more than two weeks already, even after several of my follow ups. In other words the support service is terrible and nonexistent in my case. Don’t know what to do really, massively disappointed with TM.

Tm promised a SF1000 update this summer for f1 2023. Still theres no screen support. By the time actually release it the new game will be out. It stinks that they sell the rim with its purpose of playing with f1 game, and months later it still doesn’t work properly.

Thrustmaster SF1000 rim: new firmware [V6.27] is now available!

RELEASE NOTES:

- FIXED SOME FREEZE ISSUES (DETECTED PREVIOUSLY ON PC / PS4™ / PS5™)

- ADDED WITH EA SPORTS™ F1® 23, IN NATIVE MODE (PC / PS4 / PS5), FOUR SCREENS CORRESPONDING TO THE GAME (GENERAL / TIRE 1 / TIRE 2 / ENGINE)

- ADDED WITH EA SPORTS™ F1® 23, IN UDP-WIFI MODE (XBOX), ONE SCREEN CORRESPONDING TO THE GAME (GENERAL)

- ADDED UPD-WIFI SUPPORT WITH F1® 23 – XBOX VERSION:

# IN THE OPTIONS OF THIS GAME, IN SETTINGS / TELEMETRY SETTINGS / UDP SEND RATE: SELECT 120 HZ AND IN UDP FORMAT: SELECT 2023

# IN OLDER VERSIONS (F1® 22 – XBOX / F1 2021 - XBOX / F1 2020 – XBOX) IN UDP FORMAT: SELECT 2020

- UDP GAMES TAB WAS REMOVED FROM THE WHEEL’S SCREEN MENU (UDP 20777 FOR F1 GAMES IS NOW AUTOMATICALLY SELECTED)

Firmware update process: https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/T500RS/SF1000_Firmware_Update_Procedure_v627.png

SF1000-Firmware-Screen-V6-27.png

Thrustmaster SF1000 rim: new firmware [V6.27] is now available!

RELEASE NOTES:

- FIXED SOME FREEZE ISSUES (DETECTED PREVIOUSLY ON PC / PS4™ / PS5™)

- ADDED WITH EA SPORTS™ F1® 23, IN NATIVE MODE (PC / PS4 / PS5), FOUR SCREENS CORRESPONDING TO THE GAME (GENERAL / TIRE 1 / TIRE 2 / ENGINE)

- ADDED WITH EA SPORTS™ F1® 23, IN UDP-WIFI MODE (XBOX), ONE SCREEN CORRESPONDING TO THE GAME (GENERAL)

- ADDED UPD-WIFI SUPPORT WITH F1® 23 – XBOX VERSION:

# IN THE OPTIONS OF THIS GAME, IN SETTINGS / TELEMETRY SETTINGS / UDP SEND RATE: SELECT 120 HZ AND IN UDP FORMAT: SELECT 2023

# IN OLDER VERSIONS (F1® 22 – XBOX / F1 2021 - XBOX / F1 2020 – XBOX) IN UDP FORMAT: SELECT 2020

- UDP GAMES TAB WAS REMOVED FROM THE WHEEL’S SCREEN MENU (UDP 20777 FOR F1 GAMES IS NOW AUTOMATICALLY SELECTED)

Firmware update process: https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/T500RS/SF1000_Firmware_Update_Procedure_v627.png

View attachment 1288358
It fixes the freeze?

It should be a full fix not some. TM needs to get its act together.

Last edited:
Back