THRUSTMASTER settings question

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 33 comments
Norway
Philippines
Good day all - I have a ThrustMaster steering wheel and I have been away from racing GTS for 3 months. Came back home and found the steering very strange? Wasn't like this went I left the house so I wonder (may be someone used it which is okay but they must have made adjustments to the three steering controls (controller steering sensitivity 2 to7, Force feedback Max/ Torque 1-10, Force feedback sensitivity 1-10) - I have tried almost everything but it doesn't seem to help. May I ask what settings you have on your steering controller having a thrustmaster? So confusing....... ?? Any help will be highly appreciated! Cheers

I use 3/4 or 4/4 on my T300. Used to be 6/4 but they did change the FFB a while back and I was getting a little too sore in my shoulders. 4/4 Seems to be a good overall setting unless I'm using something that feels ridiculously heavy.

I use a T300 GT Edition

controller steering sensitivity is only for the DS4 controller, no affect on wheel.

I keep the max torque pretty low, 3 or 4. This is just my opinion, but I believe that using higher max torque settings are what can lead to the reliability issues with Thrustmaster wheels. There's just too much torque there anyway compared to older wheels, so I hear. I've tried it on 8-10 and it's just waaaaay too strong.

The FFB sensitivity should be higher in my opinion. This doesn't change the strength of the feedback like the max torque setting does, it changes how sensitive the wheel is to detecting all the little nuances of the track and the car. The higher the setting, the more detailed feedback you get. I have my FFB sensitivity set to 8.

In summary, max torque low, FFB sensitivity high.

It's always a good practice to completely power off both the PS4 and your wheel after updates.

Then restart. You never really know what's going on with some of these poorly documented patches. So, at least starting the game after anything sent to the wheel is cleared from a volatile memory by powering down makes a bit of sense.

It may not cure everything, but it sure don't hurt!

It's always a good practice to completely power off both the PS4 and your wheel after updates.

Then restart. You never really know what's going on with some of these poorly documented patches. So, at least starting the game after anything sent to the wheel is cleared from a volatile memory by powering down makes a bit of sense.

Thanks a lot for that simsimsheree - makes big sense - I didn't do that when I came home yesterday and I had a lot of GB's update on the GTS after being away for such long time - I will do what you suggested! Very much appreciate your support! GREAT reminder to some of us! Thanks - Cheers . :) . :cheers:

I was thinking the same thing. I have no idea how anybody operates a Thrustmaster wheel with max torque turned all the way up. I've seen several say they like it that way, but it just wasn't enjoyable at all for me.

he must be used to drive... this...
e21d2df9602ebc006b2a663c7f2359cc.jpg

MONSTER_DUMPER-Belaz-75710.jpg

Probably....

Everything at max, Surely that will cause clipping and loss of detail? Got my T500rs at 2-3 max torque (depending on car) and sensitivity at 10. I’ve have found that strong feedback makes me slower.

Quite slower indeed ... on bent elbow (U) turns... same feeling dude.. sometimes I even drop it to 1.. to allow for faster U turns!!!

High torque causes FFB clipping i really dont recomend high settings. FFB Sensitivity is damping wich you want as less as possible.

So keep torque low. 3-4 seems to be the sweet spot on a T300. Keep Sensitivity high 7-10 is best for me.

simsims and winnie - I tried the 3-8 combo - did a few laps - much better but still strange feedback on the wheel..??..... - read your post - turned all fully off for 15mins. Restarted and I was on a different "planet" . :) so it was a combination of things that made the whole driving experience on GTS go from basement to rooftop! Thank you again guy's! Cheers :cheers:

simsims and winnie - I tried the 3-8 combo - did a few laps - much better but still strange feedback on the wheel..??..... - read your post - turned all fully off for 15mins. Restarted and I was on a different "planet" . :) so it was a combination of things that made the whole driving experience on GTS go from basement to rooftop! Thank you again guy's! Cheers :cheers:
3-8 combo???? :confused::confused::confused::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

so if I'm not mistaken, everything is all good now? Glad to hear.

Mirro-man - Feedback Torque 4 - Feedback Sensitivity 8 (that combination works really well for my T 300)
Yep!! For T300 it´s the winning one!! For T500 I´d use 1 to 2 the 1st (T500 has more natural torque) and 8 to.. 10 the last! :)

The problem with the steering wheel settings is there isn't any because they want controllers to be on a level playing Field with steering wheels

The problem with the steering wheel settings is there isn't any because they want controllers to be on a level playing Field with steering wheels

There are no wheel settings on any game that account for bad driving and driver inputs.

FFB does feel a little vague but it doesn't stop people going quick. If it's stopping you, then the problem lies elsewhere and not with wheel settings.

Don't blame the tools.

I must say that I find your settings and your final comment.. ... a bit... (a big big bit...):crazy::crazy:....:banghead::banghead::banghead: :crazy::crazy::crazy:

And I have a T500rs...

I just like strong FFB. It makes me feel like doing more. The Subaru Viziv on dirt tracks is like going to the gym :D

I gotta try a lower setting since some of you guys say it makes the steering better 👍

First car I drove after getting my license was a Fiat Punto, no power steering, 1.0 litre engine :D I also drove an old library bus for a year. I got used to heavy steering.

True there isn’t much to adjust in GT. But when I play PC2, which has more to adjust, it just doesn’t feel as optimised. I’m always adjusting the settings on PC2. it seems you need to have a different setting for each car and have no way of saving those settings.

Latest Posts

Back