THRUSTMASTER settings question

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 33 comments
I just like strong FFB. It makes me feel like doing more. The Subaru Viziv on dirt tracks is like going to the gym :D

I gotta try a lower setting since some of you guys say it makes the steering better đź‘Ť

First car I drove after getting my license was a Fiat Punto, no power steering, 1.0 litre engine :D I also drove an old library bus for a year. I got used to heavy steering.
It might make you feel like youre doing more, that is true, but actually you are feeling less about what the car is doing. At Max settings your FFB is almost an on off switch and the wheel will just deliver 100% force most of the time. But to get all the detail of the FFB you only want it to deliver 100% at the most stressfull moments and parts of the track so you can actually feel the difference in load on the car at 50%-70%-85% etc. You are definetly experiencing FFB clipping with those setting wich is bad.

Take a look at this video of Empty Box about FFB clipping. Its an iRacing video but that doesnt really matter, FFB clipping is hardware related and will happen in any game when you put settings to high.

I keep mine low (2/2) after hearing some people were experiencing issues because of ffb cranked up too high over time. I'm willing to sacrifice some realism if it means it will prolong my T300's lifespan.

Back