Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia
Australia
Soulfresh-ACV
Thrustmaster T-GT Racing Wheel
now available on Amazon

Compatibility: PS4/PC | Release Year: 2017 | Price: High (Check) | Wheel Rotation: 1080° | Shifters: Paddle | Pedals: Brake+Clutch+Gas

Accessories
Official Thrustmaster Support - Driver/Firmware, Mapping, Game Settings, Manual

Poll #1 results
15xrgc8.jpg

Please follow/watch thread and share any information you come across in regards to this upcoming product. This thread will remain permanently as a general thread for the product so that prospective/existing owners can share tips/mods/issues etc.

If you are looking for other wheels, please go to The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for Game Consoles.

Last edited:
oh I bet its pricey. if its a wheel and pedal full set im guessing it will be as much as the thrustmaster T500 was so 599? if its just a wheel you can add to your existing set up them im thinking maybe $349?

I guess I need to unload my T500

Thrustmaster "Gran Turismo Sport" Edition Racing Wheel

Thrustmaster-Gran-Turismo-Sport-wheel-2.jpg

IMG-20160519-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160519-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20160519-WA0011.jpg

Source: Team VVV & Inside Sim Racing

Just revealed at GT Sport launch is a possibility of first direct drive Thrustmaster wheel. No official name or specifications have been announced. No information have been made by Polyphony Digital or Thrustmaster as yet.

It's exciting to see how bad-ass this wheel looks at the back of the wheel. The extruding part at the bottom looks more like a tactile transducer if it's nothing to do with it being direct-drive wheel. It will be interesting to see at what price point if it really is direct drive.

1. Thoughts on this new wheel?
  2. Do you think this is the true successor to T500RS?

Please follow/watch thread and share any information you come across in regards to this upcoming product. This thread will remain permanently as a general thread for the product so that prospective/existing owners can share tips/mods/issues etc.

If you are looking for other wheels, please go to The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for Game Consoles.

Last edited:
what extra port?

We can see 4 (left to right, top to bottom):

- RJ port for the pedals
- Power port
- DIN port for the TH8A shifter
- USB port for connecting it to the PS4/PS3/PC

Needs a bigger GT logo.

• Looks like leather on the rim
  • 4x Adjustments with possible LED
  • 1x LED on the top of the rim and that logo might light up too
  • Cannot be a typical tactile unit without audio input
  • May be some for of new rumble motor feature though

Last edited:
I kinda like it, the paddles seem a little small though. I'm curious to find out how much that is going to cost, and if it will be sold by itself or with pedals.

Looks pretty heavy duty to me. I won't be surprised if it's a class above the T300 (somebody mentioned it might be even be direct drive).

That said, if it still has the usual Thrustmaster reliability gremlins I won't bother in the slightest.

Attached are my photos of the wheel from today's community event. These won't add anything to what is above to be honest. It was really difficult to get good photos as the wheel was inside a glass case which was very reflective.

It was certainly a surprise seeing it there - especially as there was no mention of it AT ALL during the day (and by all accounts it wasn't mentioned yesterday either). It seems they are relying on the "mystery" effect, which judging by this thread, seems to be working...

I can tell you that those chrome knobs on the front were very shiny and it all looked very plush and very impressive and, consequently, likely to be at the very top end of wheel prices.

Attachments

• SAM_0196 (Large).JPG
    SAM_0196 (Large).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 126
  • SAM_0203 (Large).JPG
    SAM_0203 (Large).JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3203 (Large).JPG
    IMG_3203 (Large).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3204 (Large).JPG
    IMG_3204 (Large).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3205 (Large).JPG
    IMG_3205 (Large).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 123
oh I bet its pricey. if its a wheel and pedal full set im guessing it will be as much as the thrustmaster T500 was so 599? if its just a wheel you can add to your existing set up them im thinking maybe $349?

I guess I need to unload my T500

Looks pretty heavy duty to me. I won't be surprised if it's a class above the T300 (somebody mentioned it might be even be direct drive).

That said, if it still has the usual Thrustmaster reliability gremlins I won't bother in the slightest.

If it's direct drive I bet the price will be closer to $1000 to compete with the club sport.

I wonder what the pedals will be like, and will they upgrade the th8rs shifter?

I wonder what the pedals will be like, and will they upgrade the th8rs shifter?

I was thinking they were going to make a cheaper shifter to coincide with the TMX/T150, but haven't seen anything of the sort.

I agree, this wheel looks serious; 30cm? And it does look like a transducer at the bottom.

Last edited:
Didn't notice, however this thread will remain as a general discussion thread for all matters of the product including mods, tips, issues, support etc. throughout the product life cycle when it comes out.

I'll leave it to @wprpalmeida if he wants to merge the conversations. ;)

Well either thread is fine by me. This can be merged with that, or vice versa. But it seems redundant to have 2 threads on the same product.

I think this thread is better though since it has a more official title ;)

Back