Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a battle it seems to gain notoriety in the sim world which Logitech and thrustmaster already have. What would happen if the Fanatics became as popular, would the products still be the quality that they are? Or would marketing and customer base takeover?

What a battle it seems to gain notoriety in the sim world which Logitech and thrustmaster already have. What would happen if the Fanatics became as popular, would the products still be the quality that they are? Or would marketing and customer base takeover?
I applaud the fight. It will push both to innovate and bring out better products. Fanatec wont be as large because it caters to enthusiasts and only sells B2C. Which is the better way to sell in a niche industry that simracing still is. They also have no entry level wheels in their assortment. Thrustmaster’s problem is the way they sell to retailers. They probably make the most of their money on their T80/T150 entry level wheels. Their size and B2B dealings causes them to have subpar customer service. Hopefully with the rise of esports this will quickly be resolved. Since the CSL is doing so well, they need to up their game to compete. The main reason being the amazing peripherals that thrustmaster is missing in their ecosystem.

I just want to make it clear earlier I was just answering a question and even though I have not tried the CSL I think if you are spending that amount of money it should be considered. I haven't owned a Fanetec wheel and I haven't tried the CSL range of products. They look well thought out, seem to have good features and I mostly love the design of the CSL pedals. My main concern with the LC brake pedal is the LC will eventually die outside of warranty and I'm concerned how much replacement will be. I also wish the other pedals were hall effects instead of pots but I realise they are built to a price.

Fanatec CSL. Cheaper and better than the options you listed.
Yeah I know that CSL or CSW will be better but I can't get those products because of the price and my country. Thank you anyways :)

7HO
Out of those I have only tried the T-GT which apparently is different to the other 2 and slightly more powerful. I have just returned the T-GT as I was not happy with the way it felt, I found the cogging annoying and didn't think it was acceptable in a wheel at this price point. If your main use is PC I wouldn't pick the T-GT as both of the others have nicer rims. The TS-PC is the least expensive so I'm sure that would be my choice for PC if I was forced to choose from those 3 but I personally would choose the CSL Elite over both of those because on paper it seems like better value especially with the Load Cell brake upgrade. And I said the same even when I thought I was keeping the T-GT before I was contacted about getting the CSL for review.

I'm about to get a CSL Elite for review, you might want to wait to hear my thoughts on that. I can't do a direct comparison as I have just returned the T-GT but my testing of it is fresh enough that I'll be able to speak about the differences and my thoughts about how they compare.
As I posted earlier I couldn't get a CSL, well then I'll get a TS-XW, I don't usually play any formulas or indy races so the SPARCO is my winner hahaha, rim is really nice tbh. Thank you!

They basically have the same internals. If use it mainly for pc. Choose the one with your favorite rim!
I'm in love with the SPARCO rim, It's a pity that the bundle doesn't come with rally rim, that would be amzing hahaha. Thank you!

You can't exclusively drive with a formula rim, so unless you want a formula rim as part of your first package and are willing to spend more on a round rim as well then the TS-XW is the best option of those. The transducer of the T-GT doesn't work on PC (yet) and there's no other reason for it to be £150 more than the TS-XW. But definitely consider the CSL E and also consider the T300 because I consider it a baseline of speed + accuracy + power and much cheaper but if you really like simracing you'll probably end up upgrading later anyway.
Discarding the CSL, yes I have thought about getting a T300 as a good entry racing wheel aswell with Alcantara rim and then If I want upgrade it later get something better or a DD wheel directly rim. Thank you!

Yeah I know that CSL or CSW will be better but I can't get those products because of the price and my country. Thank you anyways :)

As I posted earlier I couldn't get a CSL, well then I'll get a TS-XW, I don't usually play any formulas or indy races so the SPARCO is my winner hahaha, rim is really nice tbh. Thank you!

I'm in love with the SPARCO rim, It's a pity that the bundle doesn't come with rally rim, that would be amzing hahaha. Thank you!

Discarding the CSL, yes I have thought about getting a T300 as a good entry racing wheel aswell with Alcantara rim and then If I want upgrade it later get something better or a DD wheel directly rim. Thank you!
Reading your post. I reckon you are more of a rally driver? Good news! There is a rumored Sparco branded sequential & handbrake coming from thrustmaster. Probably somewhere in 2018 and the suggested price will be around € 250. I am really curious what the design will be!

Short update after almost two weeks... this is a really great wheel. I will say that I use my T3PA pedals, because they aren't as stiff as the ones that come with the T-GT. If you plan on playing a lot of GT-Sport, especially concidering the update coming in a few weeks, this is the wheel to get imo.

I understand folks being hypersensitive to cogging. I've had my fair share of fanatec wheel bases, and they are ultra smooth. But, in the heat of battle I don't notice cogging of the T-GT. I guess if you are coming from a t300, it may not bother you as much (I'm coming directly from a t300).

I personally like the vibration, and the subtle kick when shifting gears. I also like the rim. Feels good in my hands for the most part. This wheel base definitely makes me want to play the game more.

Anyway, thought I'd add my experience thus far to the topic. I've been playing instead of posting.. :).

Now, if it is not clear yet that this rim is primarily made for enthusiasts/ collectors, then you might want to consider the price. On December 20, the wheel will go on sale for $ 399.99 (excluding taxes) in the US and 399.99
Thrustmaster-Ferrari-250-GTO-rim-and-box-636x477.jpg
€ in Europe (similar in other regions).

Last edited:
I haven't used the T-GT for a length of time but both I received had dodgey paddles, one base was really coggy while the other reasonably smooth, and the TS-PC power supply (same as T-GT) broke after a week or two.

I haven't used the T-GT for a length of time but both I received had dodgey paddles, one base was really coggy while the other reasonably smooth, and the TS-PC power supply (same as T-GT) broke after a week or two.

Wow. So everything but the wheel base at this point? Lol. What do you mean by dodgey paddles?

Wow. So everything but the wheel base at this point? Lol. What do you mean by dodgey paddles?
First one the left paddle clicked really early in the travel so caused lots of miss shifts and the second one the right paddle was sticky which I fixed by taking the back off and putting it back on again but then it also clicked early in the travel. Swapped the springs and then it became the left paddle, so it's varying shapes or springiness of the springs. Similar problem with my Ferrari F1 rim. I think they really need to improve their quality control.

Hi all.

I think the last time I posted on GTP the first Gt acadamy was on and I was in the top UK top 20. The last few days of that comp I fell to 26. Sorely disappointed, I decided to visit Japan, rent the car we had to drive in GT acadamy( the 350z) and drive the touge mountain roads!

On that trip I visited fuji speedway for the d1gp. I had parked the 350z in the area where Gt (sponsors of the D1) had Sim rigs set up for spectators to try. I specifically parked in a bay opposite a new GTR35, took a few pics of the cars then got a seat in the stands. Later I went to check out the merch and met a Gt employee near the GT rigs (slightly chubby, Japanese and I realised sometime later that he is always around Kaz at press events) Strangely enough, I've also seen him in the pit Lane in the new Gt sport! I spoke to the guy about gt acadamy and he kindly gave me a few Gt stickers and lanyards and told me that the GTR I parked opposite belonged to Kaz. After waiting a few hours I got to meet one of my idols! Got a photo with him, cig in hand! I managed to visit the PD office a few days later.

Now I'm back in the scene for Gt sport. Eagerly anticipated since gt5 (skipped 6). I recently got a ps4 pro, hdr tv, Sim rig and the T-GT, all for Gts. Aside from an issue with pedal configuration (solved by firmware update) the tgt has been awesome. The transducer is really immersive when on a rig. As others have mentioned, you have feedback in your backside, feet and hands. I was completely satisfied with my purchase...I had considered the csl, but I only play Gran Turismo. All good until last night.

The ps4 had been on for most of the evening with tgt connected (remote playing Cod ww2 which I installed yesterday morning). I had not played gt sport since the ww2 install. At 8.50pm I booted gts and entered the nations cup, then entered practice before matching. The tgt seemed to be working, then I tried to shift and nothing happened in game. All bottons and pedals worked as they should, except L2 R2 Ps and paddles. Restart Pro and ps4 doesn't see the wheel. Updated firmware to 4.0, return to ps4 and again it does not see it. Remove rim from base while connected to ps4, on home screen, and reinsert rim to base a few times. Then pS4 randomly sees the tgt. But again, all button and pedals work bar the ones mentioned above. Have contacted THRUSTMASTER on phone since 8am, only got through at 6pm. going through their repair process now. I had to submit a film of the tgt connected to a pc going through the button check in the control panel (confirmed paddles ps l2 and r2 not working) and the same button function test on the ps4.

Has anyone had the same or similar issue? To me it seems like theres a fault with the rim. However, I just noticed when I hopelessly tried to use it this eve, when I get the ps4 to see the tgt theres no transducer feedback. I really don't want to go back to the g29 for the few weeks over the festive period, when I'm actually going to have the time to enjoy gts and (attempt to) get to S ratings! THRUSTMASTER support were not so compassionate on the phone. At the least they should offer something as a gesture of good will for the loss of useage! Poss the new sparco rim!

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi all.

I think the last time I posted on GTP the first Gt acadamy was on and I was in the top UK top 20. The last few days of that comp I fell to 26. Sorely disappointed, I decided to visit Japan, rent the car we had to drive in GT acadamy( the 350z) and drive the touge mountain roads!

On that trip I visited fuji speedway for the d1gp. I had parked the 350z in the area where Gt (sponsors of the D1) had Sim rigs set up for spectators to try. I specifically parked in a bay opposite a new GTR35, took a few pics of the cars then got a seat in the stands. Later I went to check out the merch and met a Gt employee near the GT rigs (slightly chubby, Japanese and I realised sometime later that he is always around Kaz at press events) Strangely enough, I've also seen him in the pit Lane in the new Gt sport! I spoke to the guy about gt acadamy and he kindly gave me a few Gt stickers and lanyards and told me that the GTR I parked opposite belonged to Kaz. After waiting a few hours I got to meet one of my idols! Got a photo with him, cig in hand! I managed to visit the PD office a few days later.

Now I'm back in the scene for Gt sport. Eagerly anticipated since gt5 (skipped 6). I recently got a ps4 pro, hdr tv, Sim rig and the T-GT, all for Gts. Aside from an issue with pedal configuration (solved by firmware update) the tgt has been awesome. The transducer is really immersive when on a rig. As others have mentioned, you have feedback in your backside, feet and hands. I was completely satisfied with my purchase...I had considered the csl, but I only play Gran Turismo. All good until last night.

The ps4 had been on for most of the evening with tgt connected (remote playing Cod ww2 which I installed yesterday morning). I had not played gt sport since the ww2 install. At 8.50pm I booted gts and entered the nations cup, then entered practice before matching. The tgt seemed to be working, then I tried to shift and nothing happened in game. All bottons and pedals worked as they should, except L2 R2 Ps and paddles. Restart Pro and ps4 doesn't see the wheel. Updated firmware to 4.0, return to ps4 and again it does not see it. Remove rim from base while connected to ps4, on home screen, and reinsert rim to base a few times. Then pS4 randomly sees the tgt. But again, all button and pedals work bar the ones mentioned above. Have contacted THRUSTMASTER on phone since 8am, only got through at 6pm. going through their repair process now. I had to submit a film of the tgt connected to a pc going through the button check in the control panel (confirmed paddles ps l2 and r2 not working) and the same button function test on the ps4.

Has anyone had the same or similar issue? To me it seems like theres a fault with the rim. However, I just noticed when I hopelessly tried to use it this eve, when I get the ps4 to see the tgt theres no transducer feedback. I really don't want to go back to the g29 for the few weeks over the festive period, when I'm actually going to have the time to enjoy gts and (attempt to) get to S ratings! THRUSTMASTER support were not so compassionate on the phone. At the least they should offer something as a gesture of good will for the loss of useage! Poss the new sparco rim!

What a bummer.. How long have you had the wheel?

Since 26th November. The other issue I have with the rim is that it gets slippery when your hands get clammy. Easily fixed with gloves

Hi all.

Maybe a usb problem? Hopefully you will get it replaced.

Thanks for the reply.

Do we know if anyone else has reported an issue with the USB for TGT? I did not touch any of the connectors at the back of the base or the usb input into the PS4.

Off topic, Just noticed that you have the Platinum Headset. I think my 2.0 Headset is great. Do you know if the Platinum is worth the upgrade in comparison to the 2.0?

Hi all.

That's mighty scary, especially for a wheel (supposedly high-end) bought very recently.
I have a G29 (second one actually after the first one went crazy after a year and became useless (No response from Thrustmaster support mind you). The second one I happened to get second-hand at a reasonable price, is why I bought (still going ok to be fair, despite the brakes needing cleaning recently).
Now I'm convinced though, the next wheel I'm going to buy is a Fanatec. At least it's a more quality product from all I've seen and heard. I'll go with the CSL Elite PS4 though since the price is reasonable. If they have a sale on it for the Christmas definitely going to buy sooner than later but it not looking like they're going to have any sale on it for the season. Been looking out.

That's mighty scary, especially for a wheel (supposedly high-end) bought very recently.
I have a G29 (second one actually after the first one went crazy after a year and became useless (No response from Thrustmaster support mind you). The second one I happened to get second-hand at a reasonable price, is why I bought (still going ok to be fair, despite the brakes needing cleaning recently).
Now I'm convinced though, the next wheel I'm going to buy is a Fanatec. At least it's a more quality product from all I've seen and heard. I'll go with the CSL Elite PS4 though since the price is reasonable. If they have a sale on it for the Christmas definitely going to buy sooner than later but it not looking like they're going to have any sale on it for the season. Been looking out.

Honestly, if you play GT Sport a lot the T-GT transducer is amazing and i would recommend the purchase. Sounds stupid to promote it after the recent trouble I'm having, but I have setup up my G29 on my rig today and without the transducer it feels as though my sim is switched off!

Off topic, Just noticed that you have the Platinum Headset. I think my 2.0 Headset is great. Do you know if the Platinum is worth the upgrade in comparison to the 2.0?
Had the 2.0 (gold) before. The hinges broke after 6/7 months. I got a full refund (amazing Sony service) and bought this one. Better sound overall and a lot better build quality. The 3D sound is cool but not a lot of games support it. Hopefully GT sport will get a patch to support it.. So unless your hinges are holding up, it’s a definite upgrade!

No brand is bulletproof though. But invest in the ecosystem you like. Will give you more option for upgrading. I almost bought the csl myself. But didn’t want to wait for a patch. After seeing that mclaren wheel, I do regret the purchase. That said aside from ecosystem choice I do enjoy the t-GT.

Last edited:
No brand is bulletproof though. But invest in the ecosystem you like. Will give you more option for upgrading. I almost bought the csl myself. But didn’t want to wait for a patch. After seeing that mclaren wheel, I do regret the purchase. That said aside from ecosystem choice I do enjoy the t-GT.
Current DD wheels are pretty much bulletproof along with the matching grade of pedals. More accurately no consumers gear is bulletproof because it's built to a cost and not using industrial parts.

Back