Thrustmaster T150 vs Logitech G29

United States
United States
Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here, and I want to buy a wheel for my ps4. After doing my research, I'm trying to decide between the Thrustmaster T150 and the Logitech G29, and was hoping for some advice.

The T150 looks like it's going to be a great starter wheel, at a much more reasonable $200 price.

As some background info, I've been thinking about getting a stick for my next car, but I'm not really sure if I'd like it. So I thought a racing wheel with a stick, would be a good way to see how I like it (and a lot cheaper). Anyway, if I want to upgrade the T150 to have a shifter, I'd have to buy the shifter and new pedals which ends up being about $450.

If I get the G29 (which comes with a clutch), with a shifter, it's $460. The wheel and the pedals on the G29 seem much nicer, so is there really any reason to get the T150 unless you do not plan on buying a shifter?

As far as the force feedback, I have no idea which is better, but I'm assuming the G29. Plus I also heard it is much quieter.

So what do you guys think? Is the G29 the better option in the long run?

I’d say that driving a sim with a manual transmission is far from what you feel driving a real car with one. So maybe think about the wheel you are getting in terms of what’s best for your needs/platform/games, and test how it is to drive with a manual on a real car.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here, and I want to buy a wheel for my ps4. After doing my research, I'm trying to decide between the Thrustmaster T150 and the Logitech G29, and was hoping for some advice.

The T150 looks like it's going to be a great starter wheel, at a much more reasonable $200 price.

As some background info, I've been thinking about getting a stick for my next car, but I'm not really sure if I'd like it. So I thought a racing wheel with a stick, would be a good way to see how I like it (and a lot cheaper). Anyway, if I want to upgrade the T150 to have a shifter, I'd have to buy the shifter and new pedals which ends up being about $450.

If I get the G29 (which comes with a clutch), with a shifter, it's $460. The wheel and the pedals on the G29 seem much nicer, so is there really any reason to get the T150 unless you do not plan on buying a shifter?

As far as the force feedback, I have no idea which is better, but I'm assuming the G29. Plus I also heard it is much quieter.

So what do you guys think? Is the G29 the better option in the long run?

There's no way the G29 will be MORE quiet than the gear/belt drive in the T150 -- check out the InsideSimRacing first look video, the T150 is VERY quiet, with no discernable gear "chatter."

As far as driving a manual transmission, ALL my cars have manuals, and I've driven a manual all my life, and there's NO WAY that you can replicate the actual experience using Logitech pedals and a Logitech shifter -- it's just far too different than the real thing.

IMO, even the most costly high-end pedals are just a "fair" substitute for the real-car experience.

Save your money and go with the T150, then add in a set of T3PA pedals if you really want a clutch, and you'll still be money ahead.

Not to pile on Logitech, but I've yet to read a single review from anyone who would recommend their new offerings over anything from TM. It says a lot that even the lower end T150 gets better marks than the G29.

Thanks for the replies guys.

A rebadged, more expensive and shifterless G27 or a Thrustmaster? Umm...Think I'd go with TM.

I totally understand why people are pissed at logitech, and I would be angry too, but this is a non-issue for me. I'm not making my decision based on the price, or what was included with a G27. I'm just looking for an objective comparison of these 2 wheels for the ps4.

I’d say that driving a sim with a manual transmission is far from what you feel driving a real car with one. So maybe think about the wheel you are getting in terms of what’s best for your needs/platform/games, and test how it is to drive with a manual on a real car.

I get that it is far different that a real car, I just figured going through the motions of shifting gears would give me an idea. Let's just forget about any comparison to real cars, lol.

Not to pile on Logitech, but I've yet to read a single review from anyone who would recommend their new offerings over anything from TM. It says a lot that even the lower end T150 gets better marks than the G29.

I was looking at the reviews on amazon for the G29, and they are mostly positive, other than people who are angry about the G27 issue. There's also a review on kotaku that is pretty positive (I understand that his review isn't as in depth as the 'Inside Sim Racing' guys, but seems to be a good take from someone who has been getting into sim racing for the past year).

I really keep going back and forth on these 2 wheels. Another issue that maybe you guys can comment on is the reliability. I've read a lot about Thrustmaster wheels having reliability issues. Where Logitech doesn't seem to have that. Also the G29 has a 2 year warranty, not sure what the warranty really is from Thrustmaster.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I totally understand why people are pissed at logitech, and I would be angry too, but this is a non-issue for me. I'm not making my decision based on the price, or what was included with a G27. I'm just looking for an objective comparison of these 2 wheels for the ps4.

Probably at this point the best way to look at the G29 is by G27 reviews as they are basically the same wheel. Before this new wheel became a thing the G27 was regarded as a good wheel. So good in fact people want to keep on using it. So while it might not be the upgrade that some wanted, it still is a good wheel at a fair price when you consider what your getting. Every TM product needs a pedal upgrade (except a few of their new bundles) to the Pro pedals for a fair comparison and that adds $150 to the price.

Probably at this point the best way to look at the G29 is by G27 reviews as they are basically the same wheel. Before this new wheel became a thing the G27 was regarded as a good wheel. So good in fact people want to keep on using it. So while it might not be the upgrade that some wanted, it still is a good wheel at a fair price when you consider what your getting. Every TM product needs a pedal upgrade (except a few of their new bundles) to the Pro pedals for a fair comparison and that adds $150 to the price.

Ya, I would MUCH rather only spend $200, but after you upgrade it seems like you are left with a much lower quality wheel for the same price. Maybe not as far as the ffb, but definitely the look / feel.

I'm also concerned about spending $200, and possibly throwing it down the toilet if it breaks and if there are problems getting it replaced (which I have read several times). At least with the G29, I am sure I wouldn't have any issues with the Logitech warranty, or dealing with Best Buy, as opposed to mailing the T150 back to amazon or thrustmaster.

Tough choice!

OP, you might want to wait and see if Fanatec releases a new, more affordable modular wheel base to compete with the Thrustmaster TX soon. There's rumors that a less expensive alternative to the CSW V2 is in the works. That's all that's keeping me from splurging for a new Thrustmaster wheel for Forza 6 at the moment. And about Logitech- the thing that stood them apart from the competition in the past was their legendary reliability and value for money. I'm sure their as bulletproof as ever, but the G29/920 has really put a dent into the value part of the equation.

OP, you might want to wait and see if Fanatec releases a new, more affordable modular wheel base to compete with the Thrustmaster TX soon. There's rumors that a less expensive alternative to the CSW V2 is in the works. That's all that's keeping me from splurging for a new Thrustmaster wheel for Forza 6 at the moment. And about Logitech- the thing that stood them apart from the competition in the past was their legendary reliability and value for money. I'm sure their as bulletproof as ever, but the G29/920 has really put a dent into the value part of the equation.
Those Fanatec rumors are already a year old.... And based on past experience we'd know the wheel was coming months in advance due to community betas and suchlike.

Those Fanatec rumors are already a year old.... And based on past experience we'd know the wheel was coming months in advance due to community betas and suchlike.
Fanatec has discontinued the Forza CSR and Porsche GT3 RS leaving only the CSW and GT2 available. They're certainly going to come out with something sooner rather than later.

The Fanatec CSR would have been almost a direct competitor to the T150, so I'd say it's safe to assume that Fanatec isn't going to compete in this price segment.

Fanatec has discontinued the Forza CSR and Porsche GT3 RS leaving only the CSW and GT2 available. They're certainly going to come out with something sooner rather than later.
I'm not disagreeing with you. Just saying that even if Fanatec announces a new midrange wheel tomorrow, it'll probably be months before you can buy one.

Right now, I am heavily leaning towards the G290 (vs, the TX) just based on relyability. I do not want to deal with returning or exchanging anything at the $400 price point. I really feel you shouldn't have to, which is where Thrustmaster loses me. If their wheel sets didn't have the mountain of complaints next to it, I'd be all over a TX.

If I were in your shoes OP, I'd wait to see how the T150's reliability is before squeezing the trigger. If it doesn't have the problems the T300/TX has, then by all means go with the Thrustmaster setup.

Right now, I am heavily leaning towards the G290 (vs, the TX) just based on relyability. I do not want to deal with returning or exchanging anything at the $400 price point. I really feel you shouldn't have to, which is where Thrustmaster loses me. If their wheel sets didn't have the mountain of complaints next to it, I'd be all over a TX.

If I were in your shoes OP, I'd wait to see how the T150's reliability is before squeezing the trigger. If it doesn't have the problems the T300/TX has, then by all means go with the Thrustmaster setup.

I'm right there with you. I'm thinking about just getting it over with and grabbing a G29 after work. But I'll probably change my mind again by then. lol.

The belt/gear drive system in the T150 is based on the 270-degree T100, F430 Force, and Rally GT (RGT) mechanism. There were NO reliability problems of an electrical nature associated with any of those wheels -- nothing like the issues that some TX wheels have exhibited. There were some mechanical issues with the RGT (shifters breaking, etc.), but the build quality on the F430 Force was more in-line with the T500, TX, and T300 series wheels, and I don't recall seeing any reliability issues published about the F430 Force wheel.

Given that kind of "parentage," I would expect the T150 to be a fairly "bulletproof" wheel from an electrical and mechanical perspective.

Then what happened with the TX and T300? I thought both of those were improved versions of the T500, which has next to no issues. Aside from the brushless motors, aren't the T500, TX and T300 the same?

Then what happened with the TX and T300? I thought both of those were improved versions of the T500, which has next to no issues. Aside from the brushless motors, aren't the T500, TX and T300 the same?
The basic design is quite different. Different motor, somewhat different belts, most importantly a different (integrated) power supply in the TX/T300. There is also different software needed to drive a brushless motor rather than a brushed one.

Looking at the typical problems on the TX/T300, it's generally the power supply (and he software which runs it) which is the weak spot. You don't see many complaints that components fell off or suchlike, it's all about the wheel expiring and no longer turning on.

Hey guys, thought I'd give you an update. So I went ahead and grabbed a G29, since I can return it anyway. So here's a newbies thoughts on the G29, which might help others.

The wheel is really nice, and feels great. The ffb however, is another story.... It just feels kind of like grinding when you turn the wheel, I'm assuming because it's a gear driven motor. It's not really what I would expect a racing wheel to feel like these days, and I'm not very impressed for something that costs $400. I'm assuming the belt driven motors don't feel anything like this, but maybe someone else can comment on that. It's pretty distracting that every turn is so "grindy". It is still fun to drive with though. Fyi, my only experience has been with Driveclub

So my plan is to return the G29, and go for a Thrustmaster. Now I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth getting the T150, or just jumping up to the T300. But not sure if the T300 is worth another $200... Would the T150 still have that "grindy" feel?

Does the T300 ever go on sale? I was thinking that since the T150 is coming out soon, maybe they'll put the T300 on sale to push out some inventory before a lot of people buy the cheaper wheel.

If I were in your position right now, I'd try the T150 and if it wasn't good enough, take it back and get the T300 instead.

The T150 is looking as though it could be a good budget buy, although we won't know for sure until it's released and in the hands of experienced gamers.

Talking of which, if TM handles the T150 launch similarly to the T300, I doubt that there will be enough wheels available, so they could be difficult to find.

Hey guys, thought I'd give you an update. So I went ahead and grabbed a G29, since I can return it anyway. So here's a newbies thoughts on the G29, which might help others.

The wheel is really nice, and feels great. The ffb however, is another story.... It just feels kind of like grinding when you turn the wheel, I'm assuming because it's a gear driven motor. It's not really what I would expect a racing wheel to feel like these days, and I'm not very impressed for something that costs $400. I'm assuming the belt driven motors don't feel anything like this, but maybe someone else can comment on that. It's pretty distracting that every turn is so "grindy". It is still fun to drive with though. Fyi, my only experience has been with Driveclub

So my plan is to return the G29, and go for a Thrustmaster. Now I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth getting the T150, or just jumping up to the T300. But not sure if the T300 is worth another $200... Would the T150 still have that "grindy" feel?

Does the T300 ever go on sale? I was thinking that since the T150 is coming out soon, maybe they'll put the T300 on sale to push out some inventory before a lot of people buy the cheaper wheel.

This is inside Sim Racing first look at the T150. Maybe that will help you. They use it in F1 2015, Pro Cars and Driverclub.

I went into the Fanatec website and it says the CSR is still in stock. Only $250aud too. Maybe discontinued in different parts of the world though, I don't know.

Yeah have a T150 on order and about irritates the hell out of me. Amazon says we've got your order and shows expected shipping soon and it's really out of stock. Look at the TX Leather Edition same status. I guess thrustmaster is continuing the excellent customer services example like every other wheel manufacturer. They need a wheel repair service, I would have paid for sensors/motors to have a G25 that still worked!

I'm in the same boat. What would people recommend between a T150 at £115 and a G29 at £162?

Is it true that you can't limit the G29's rotation, that it's fixed at 900 degrees? I believe the T150 can be stepped down from 1080 degrees in several increments. Seems odd that this difference isn't mentioned in comparisons. Surely on something like Dirt Rally, a shorter turn would be helpful for ultra-fast changes of direction?

I believe the T150 can be stepped down from 1080 degrees in several increments.
This is true.I use 540 degrees of rotation in LFS.
Is it true that you can't limit the G29's rotation, that it's fixed at 900 degrees?
I can not answer that question.
I'm in the same boat. What would people recommend between a T150 at £115 and a G29 at £162?
G29 is better(especially the pedals) but I would say that T150 is more reliable.

Guys, a little help.
T150 for 210€ (248$) or G29 for 330€ (390$)?

(I dont mind having only 2 pedals on T150).

Personally I would get G29 out of these 2. Better pedals and reliability. But at 330€ I would try to get a t300 GT Or alacantara.

I have 800+ hours on my T150, it hasn't blinked or coughed once.

Incredible wheel for the money.

Back