Thrustmaster T150 vs Logitech G29

Hey guys, thought I'd give you an update. So I went ahead and grabbed a G29, since I can return it anyway. So here's a newbies thoughts on the G29, which might help others.

The wheel is really nice, and feels great. The ffb however, is another story.... It just feels kind of like grinding when you turn the wheel, I'm assuming because it's a gear driven motor. It's not really what I would expect a racing wheel to feel like these days, and I'm not very impressed for something that costs $400. I'm assuming the belt driven motors don't feel anything like this, but maybe someone else can comment on that. It's pretty distracting that every turn is so "grindy". It is still fun to drive with though. Fyi, my only experience has been with Driveclub

So my plan is to return the G29, and go for a Thrustmaster. Now I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth getting the T150, or just jumping up to the T300. But not sure if the T300 is worth another $200... Would the T150 still have that "grindy" feel?

Does the T300 ever go on sale? I was thinking that since the T150 is coming out soon, maybe they'll put the T300 on sale to push out some inventory before a lot of people buy the cheaper wheel.

Can you please give us an update? did you try T150? and How does it feel compared to G29 in terms of the "Grindy" feel and overall.

Can you please give us an update? did you try T150? and How does it feel compared to G29 in terms of the "Grindy" feel and overall.

The T150 feels better than a G29.
It's simple, belt vs gear, belt is smooth and much quieter.

I saw the G29 on a black friday sale for $200, and my opinion is that's what it is... A $200 wheel.

If I only had $200 and was looking to buy the decision is easy.

The G29 is a solid wheel. And compared to the T150 has some significant pro's. It has a leather wrapped wheel, superior pedals and some additional buttons. The T150 wheel rim is rubber and still has a grindy feel (a little less then G29). It is actually a hybrid belt/gear system.

The grindy feel is nowhere that bad as G25 or DFGT, but you will notice it. It really depends per person on how it effects you. I never really noticed it and only upgraded, because I wanted the ability to change wheel Rim without modding.

Back