Thrustmaster T150

• Thread starter NJT4567
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi, Looking for a bit of advice, have been offered a T150 for around £100 is this wheel any good for GT Sport and how to does it compare to the more expensive wheels?

Hello,I paid $150 US for a T-150 new. It's a good entry level wheel,but made mostly of plastic.After 2 years my wheel eventually wore out from constant use.Also make sure power cord is plugged in to a surge protector (with no other accessories).If your a part time racer it will serve you well.It has good FFB and is compatible with PS3 & PS4 .If it's a T-150 PRO you get the T3PA pedals which are pretty good ,if not your going to want upgrade from the stock plastic pedals.Hope this helps :gtpflag:

Last edited:
It's a good wheel, it's the lowest tier usable (as in, with FFB and more than 270° rotation) Thrustmaster wheel. Don't go for anything less, I had the T100 for a couple of months and it was a nightmare.

Expect a bit of a learning curve, I've had my T150 since April and I've been able to match my controller lap times only after a couple of months, but my consistency is a lot better. I suggest, if you do get it, to go into the advanced settings in game and set the FFB max torque to 1 (anything more and it will clip, making you, for example, not feel kerbs while already turning) and FFB sensitivity to 10.

If it's your first wheel, maybe look around for a better price but 100£ is not too bad if it's in good condition, you can easily resell it for the same price or slightly less if you decide it's not for you. However, I don't think that's gonna be the case, I haven't had this much fun playing videogames in years!

Good wheel, but go forward to the T150 Pro that comes with the T3PA pedal set.

It got 1080 degrees of rotation (a Logitech G29 got 900 degrees)
Ability to change rotation degrees from wheel with button combination (Logitech G29 doesn't)
Same helicoidal FFB system as the G29 but with belt added that improve the FFB details in the middle of the wheel and make it a bit mor silent..

With the T3PA pedals it's a bit better wheel than the G29 in my opinion (tried both), the Logitech got a more premium quality rim,but I prefer the FFB details of the T150 and the ability to change rotation and the optional shifter T8HA .

But like others say, don't go below a T150pro or I add the G29 that can be found at practically same price.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190704120646043_COVER.jpg

For sure you will enjoy a lot more the racing games with an FFB wheel instead of on a controller.

I have a T150 and have been using it for around 18 months (bought around Christmas 2017 when I got GT Sport).

Use it for a few hours every week, no problems encountered, except for shortish plug wire to socket and from wheel to PS4 USB. But not a problem unless you've got a massive room to use it in!

I think I paid £120 for it new on a deal. If the Pro is available new for £150 these days, then that sounds like a better deal than £100 for second hand, unless it's "hardly used" T150.

Nothing, however, beats the T1000. That is made of liquid metal and will never, ever stop, until your dead.

Hang on, I'll be back... :sly:

I have a T150 and have been using it for around 18 months (bought around Christmas 2017 when I got GT Sport).

Use it for a few hours every week, no problems encountered, except for shortish plug wire to socket and from wheel to PS4 USB. But not a problem unless you've got a massive room to use it in!

I think I paid £120 for it new on a deal. If the Pro is available new for £150 these days, then that sounds like a better deal than £100 for second hand, unless it's "hardly used" T150.

Nothing, however, beats the T1000. That is made of liquid metal and will never, ever stop, until your dead.

Hang on, I'll be back... :sly:

A T2 beats the T1000...

terminator-6.jpg

Sayonara baby! Better stay with the T150...cause it isn't under control of skynet (yet):D

Hello guys. Just got my first wheel after almost two years of ds4 playing.anaged to get the t150 and a wheel stand pro both used but in good condition which serves me well. So I play sitting on my couch and the USB cord cannot reach the ps4. I use an USB extension cable. Do you think this will affect the t150 at all?
Also which is the best pedal intimation for playing in the couch? Thank you

My 1st wheel, tmx pro.
Need some advice on free play.
Mine has 1-2 degree of movement, left to right without registering. It is freeplay before resistance, pwr on or off makes no difference. There are no unusual noises and other than that it works fine. Is this an easy fix? Or should I return it? Thx

Edit:
Took it apart and the play is between the two nylon gears. Is this normal?
Both nylon belt tensioners are lumpy so the excellent bearing mod posted here looks on the cards.

Had to pack motor with 1.5mm alloy re belt alignment and another thank you to the posters here.

Attachments

• 20210121_110937.jpg
    20210121_110937.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back