Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral wheel is not connecting to PS4 Pro

• Thread starter TimBoss351
  • 6 comments
TimBoss-351
Sorry, wanted to get key words in for a search for other as I’m hopeful someone here will be able to help me out.

I just bought a PS4 Pro, Assetto corsa, GT Sport and a Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Alcantara wheel set (with thee pedals). I have updated it to v29, checked the buttons out on the computer and everything looks great.

But when I hook it back up to the PS4 Pro, it cycles when the PS4 is turned on (wheel is in the PS4 position). Then all the works is the Main button. When you push it it gives you the ‘Who is this?’ On the controller initial page. I can not navigate the PS4 menu. Cannot get any other button or d pad to work.

I do think maybe I mistakenly bought the VR version of the game, but you can play it with the hand held controller just fine. And Assetto Corsa doesn’t work either with the wheel.

Customer service is responding, but it takes one to two days for them to give a suggestion and they have not solved the issue yet. I’m thinking most of the TM wheels have a PS button that connects it, yet this one has thenhard Ferrari logo and no PS button. I just can’t imagine I’m the first one to use this wheel with this game on a Pro, so I’m sure I’m doing something wrong.

I’m hoping to find and answer and have enough keywords that someone else will find it on a search.

And also, would love a folder/forum just for wheel setups / connection issues.

TIA

But when I hook it back up to the PS4 Pro, it cycles when the PS4 is turned on (wheel is in the PS4 position). Then all the works is the Main button. When you push it it gives you the ‘Who is this?’ On the controller initial page. I can not navigate the PS4 menu. Cannot get any other button or d pad to work.

What do you mean by the 'main button'?

I think what you need is the PS-button. Use the switch at the lower right. It should be in the middle and then press it. At least so worked the switch on the Thrustmaster F430 FFB. I hope the image below helps. The easiest way to do this is to switch your PS4 on without the DS4. Then you don't get the 'Who is this'-screen.
(I'm not sure, I do not own this wheel)

458_PS3_Normal_mode_mapping.png

When you get the PS4 screen, after pressing the Main button, which then asks you to select the player do you then press the equivalent of the wiper button on the wheel in the picture posted above to tell the PS4 to use that player? If instead you use the X on the DS4 then that would probably be the problem.

CJ

What I do is turn on the PS4 with the DS. You then need to select your user, select it with the controller. Then press the PS button on the wheel (press on the rotating knob), you get a second user selection screen. Select your user with the wheel (confirm with the black button on the bottom left of the wheel). You should now be able to use both the controller and wheel.

By the way, there is no specific VR version of GT sport, every copy of GT Sport supports VR (so you can't have bought the wrong version).

This is what i do.

Turn PS4 on at the console
When loaded up,
Press on the switch
then press the right hand one of the two buttons underneath the direction pad.

The "PS button" is pressing on the rotary switch with this wheel.

Last edited:
This is what i do.

Turn PS4 on at the console
When loaded up,
Press on the switch
then press the right hand one of the two buttons underneath the direction pad.

The "PS button" is pressing on the rotary switch with this wheel.
This worked. Thank you so much. It is a great wheel. Especially when the dumba** user gets it to work. (me).

Latest Posts

Back