Thrustmaster T300 RS GT - Paddle shifters life cycle

• Thread starter AlexDB9
  • 7 comments
Greece
Salonica
So I'm gonna get this sweet wheel as my first forray into true sim racing (controller can retire), and I have two questions for y'all.

First, a general question.
When the manufacturer gives the life cycle as "x number of activations" for the paddle shifters is that for both of them, or each one individually?

Second, a specific one.
On the Thrustmaster website it has conflicting information on the T300 RS GT paddle shifters life cycle number. In an older article of them it states "500,000 activations" while in the last edited dedicated sub-page of the wheel it states "10,000,000 activations". That's a x20 difference, a big deal.
Can anyone confirm it's one or the other? Like if it's written on the box or manual?

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry that much. I've had so many T300 units that I serviced , none had any issue with those switches. The life cycle advertised is so big that if you will go past it , it means you have more than used the wheel , and you would be searching for a better model far earlier.

So I'm gonna get this sweet wheel as my first forray into true sim racing (controller can retire), and I have two questions for y'all.

First, a general question.
When the manufacturer gives the life cycle as "x number of activations" for the paddle shifters is that for both of them, or each one individually?

Second, a specific one.
On the Thrustmaster website it has conflicting information on the T300 RS GT paddle shifters life cycle number. In an older article of them it states "500,000 activations" while in the last edited dedicated sub-page of the wheel it states "10,000,000 activations". That's a x20 difference, a big deal.
Can anyone confirm it's one or the other? Like if it's written on the box or manual?

Thanks!
I’ve three Thrustmaster rims and never had an issue with the paddle shifters at all, and they get hours of use every day.

I have Alkantara rim for 4 or 5 years, usually play 3-4 hours a week and one of the switchers became flimsy. It still working but how long it will last a question. Maybe I am just unlucky if anybody else have issues.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong. I have seen the plastic paddle part break , especially with a magnet mod (whicj is an absolute must imho) , but never ever a faulty switch.
Napalm you should open the wheel and check if this plastic part that holds the part is broken. If it is in only two parts then you can super-glue it , and then put some epoxy to strengthen. Or you can 3d print a new one. (free plans around the web)

I opened wheel few weeks ago. All plastic parts were fine, but I found strange thin twisted metal thread. Didn't understand where it comes from and just removed it. Seams it is a switcher problem. I would like to add magnet mod, but the price let me down - if mod cost 15-20 €, shipping cost another 18-20 €.

I opened wheel few weeks ago. All plastic parts were fine, but I found strange thin twisted metal thread. Didn't understand where it comes from and just removed it. Seams it is a switcher problem. I would like to add magnet mod, but the price let me down - if mod cost 15-20 €, shipping cost another 18-20 €.
Magnetic shifter mod can be done super cheap. Just a couple of magnets from ebay and some double sided tape - or is it your location that makes this stuff expensive? It transforms the shifters. I did it some time ago to my Alcantara rim. IT
It will only work of course if the internal switches still make good contact.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rs-magnetic-shifter-mod.391839/#post-12991370

Last edited:
Back