Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My T300rs overheated.Got it repaired then swapped over to Xbox so sold it. Now my Tx wheel has died, really violent calibration and has no weight when racing, its gone ‘floaty’ light. And off it goes to Tm for a repair, iam really starting to question the build quality of Tm wheels now !

Let's say it one more time. These line of wheels have internally placed the psu, which causes excess heat. When used people must ALWAYS HAVE THE FAN ON which is made possible with the combination of MODE & BuTTON 8 at all wheels. It flashes the red led 2 times and fan is on. This solves 90% of T300 and TX problems, all of them due to overheating.

Your seconds wheel problem is the magnetic core of the shaft gone loose, again because of excess heat. Their thermal design was a failure, other than that the build quality is really good, and all the wheels I've fixed haven't given any sign of failure for over a year now to their new owners. So you can prevent almost all knows issues from happening if you turn the fan on. And if the fan fails (because the fan is indeed of low quality) you can hear it immediately and dont even race before you get it replaced.

Let's say it one more time. These line of wheels have internally placed the psu, which causes excess heat. When used people must ALWAYS HAVE THE FAN ON which is made possible with the combination of MODE & BuTTON 8 at all wheels. It flashes the red led 2 times and fan is on. This solves 90% of T300 and TX problems, all of them due to overheating.

Your seconds wheel problem is the magnetic core of the shaft gone loose, again because of excess heat. Their thermal design was a failure, other than that the build quality is really good, and all the wheels I've fixed haven't given any sign of failure for over a year now to their new owners. So you can prevent almost all knows issues from happening if you turn the fan on. And if the fan fails (because the fan is indeed of low quality) you can hear it immediately and dont even race before you get it replaced.
I was fully aware about the fan, my wheel is always in forced cooling mode. I can hear the fan too so..... ? I bought my Tx wheel 2 years after my T300, I presumed that surely they aren’t producing them to the original design? Given the amount of returns/repairs they did not learn a lesson !

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am having the same issue with my T300 GT wheel like this video

And it already happen twice usually it will starts after I play GT Sport for like 5 minutes but it will gone after I restart my PS4. I only have this wheel for less than a month. Please advice me what should I do and should I be worried? Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am having the same issue with my T300 GT wheel like this video

And it already happen twice usually it will starts after I play GT Sport for like 5 minutes but it will gone after I restart my PS4. I only have this wheel for less than a month. Please advice me what should I do and should I be worried? Many thanks

I'm not an expert but to me that sounds like it's the fan. Can you take it back to where you purchased it? Your wheel being less than a month old should still be under warranty, so if I were you, and depending on how you purchased it, I'd get a replacement. At the very least I would contact Thrustmaster.

Edit: You could try putting the wheel into Forced Cooling Mode. If the noise starts straight away afterwards then it will be the fan.

untitled-png.790210

I have lost the holding screw (screws and secures wheel into base). Can anybody kindly tell me what exact screw i need to purchase ?. Thanks

I’ve got a T300rs GT on order but I was told I should update it before using it. How would one go about doing this? Do I do it though the PlayStation when I plug it in for the first time or do I need to plug it into a laptop and do it that way? Or is there another way? Thanks in advance for the help, it’s much appreciated. :)

I’ve got a T300rs GT on order but I was told I should update it before using it. How would one go about doing this? Do I do it though the PlayStation when I plug it in for the first time or do I need to plug it into a laptop and do it that way? Or is there another way? Thanks in advance for the help, it’s much appreciated. :)
Only via PC.

Thanks, is it done through TM’s website or does plugging the wheel I’m prompt an automatic update system?
On the website you will find the software for your wheel. Install it on pc, load up software then attach your wheel to the pc. Then you upgrade firmware, access the wheels onboard memory, make adjustments to ffb strength, test all the wheels forces etc. Note that you must upgrade the firmware and activate ‘forced cooling mode’ on the wheel. If you dont the wheel will overheat and you will lose feedback during racing. All the info you need is on the tm website. Have fun !

On the website you will find the software for your wheel. Install it on pc, load up software then attach your wheel to the pc. Then you upgrade firmware, access the wheels onboard memory, make adjustments to ffb strength, test all the wheels forces etc. Note that you must upgrade the firmware and activate ‘forced cooling mode’ on the wheel. If you dont the wheel will overheat and you will lose feedback during racing. All the info you need is on the tm website. Have fun !

TYVM! :)

Thanks, is it done through TM’s website or does plugging the wheel I’m prompt an automatic update system?
You can download the drivers from here.

On PC, the USB sliding switch on the T300 racing wheel’s base must always be set to the PS3 position!
DO NOT CONNECT the T300 RS wheel to your PC before being prompted to do so.

You can download the drivers from here.

On PC, the USB sliding switch on the T300 racing wheel’s base must always be set to the PS3 position!
DO NOT CONNECT the T300 RS wheel to your PC before being prompted to do so.

TYVM for the help, I can’t wait for my new wheel to get here. I’ve been running a DFGT since GT5 lol. :)

I can`t seem to adjust the angle of rotation from default on my T300RS in GT Sport, I have tried the d-pad left/right/mode but nothing seems to happen at all, it does say on the thrustmaster download that it probably won`t work in GT Sport

I am using my wheel straight out of the box, do I need to hook it up to a pc and update fIrmware?

Many thanks in anticipation
You cannot
I can`t seem to adjust the angle of rotation from default on my T300RS in GT Sport, I have tried the d-pad left/right/mode but nothing seems to happen at all, it does say on the thrustmaster download that it probably won`t work in GT Sport

I am using my wheel straight out of the box, do I need to hook it up to a pc and update fIrmware?

Many thanks in anticipation
You cannot adjust the angle of rotation on GT Sport using the t300rs, I quote from thrustmaster e-mail to me ( this function will not work properly in some games (such as Gran Turismo ). You should update to the latest firmware.

I have the Ferrari Alcantara version of this wheel. It would occasionally jump a tooth on the belt and then the steering wheel would be off 30 degrees or so to one direction or the other. I tried tightening the smaller belt, seemed to work for about a week. Did that about a month ago, since then the problem is getting progressively worse, to the point where it jumped 3 times in a lap on GTS. Switched to Assetto Corsa and it jumped once in 1/2 lap of the Nurburgring.

I tried looking up the belt part number to see if I could get a replacement, no joy. Emailed Thrustmaster, they want proof of purchase. I bought off ebay and the vendor ignored my request for a copy of the receipt. They also will not sell the belts.

Anyone have a source or part number for the belts?

TIA,

Jon

I have the Ferrari Alcantara version of this wheel. It would occasionally jump a tooth on the belt and then the steering wheel would be off 30 degrees or so to one direction or the other. I tried tightening the smaller belt, seemed to work for about a week. Did that about a month ago, since then the problem is getting progressively worse, to the point where it jumped 3 times in a lap on GTS. Switched to Assetto Corsa and it jumped once in 1/2 lap of the Nurburgring.

I tried looking up the belt part number to see if I could get a replacement, no joy. Emailed Thrustmaster, they want proof of purchase. I bought off ebay and the vendor ignored my request for a copy of the receipt. They also will not sell the belts.

Anyone have a source or part number for the belts?

TIA,

Jon
They accept bank statements as proof of purchase, download one, change from pdf to ms word.doc, then add the transaction, save as a pdf document then your sorted. Thats what i did !

Thank you very much for the part numbers! Really appreciate it.

Coincidentally, also tried again and got a copy of the original invoice. Belt change is probably cheaper than shipping to send the servo to TM, so I think I'll try that first.

Thank you very much for the part numbers! Really appreciate it.

Coincidentally, also tried again and got a copy of the original invoice. Belt change is probably cheaper than shipping to send the servo to TM, so I think I'll try that first.
They pay for the shipping both ways ;)

I sent in a video of the failure, proof of purchase, serial number, etc, so we'll see what they do with it. Looks like 2 year warranty, I've had it for about 13 months, so should be good to go...

I gave my TX a little service today, not that anything was wrong with it.
Just a little belt adjustment here, a little screw tightening there & some extra little grease on the shaft.
Surprisingly it was looking very new & clean inside with no sign of wear & tear on the belts & no screw seals broken considering I bought it 2nd hand, the previous user must of looked after it well.

It's really not exciting. Basically I go into a corner end up running off the outside because the belt slipped and changed the effective steering angle. When it first started there would be an audible clunk. In this case I didn't feel or hear anything at all.

Interesting. Anyway it's the motor magnet core most probably. Fixable but tricky. Small changes between the years but not noticable.
Well i guess i will never find out now, Thrustmaster have replaced it with a brand new servo base. 2019 V54 firmware pre installed but had to activate ‘forced cooling ‘ myself. I just hope you are right that they’ve modified the internal design ! Good service from tm though 9 days from me posting it to receiving the replacement. Anybody would think they have alot of practice:lol:

Back