Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here are pictures of my brake mod

IMG_20150222_150422.jpg IMG_20150222_150716.jpg IMG_20150222_150807.jpg IMG_20150222_150828.jpg IMG_20150222_150902.jpg IMG_20150222_151035.jpg
Feel free to ask guys
Thanks

Last edited:
Well this forum is a relative gold mine for owners of the T300 - so glad to have stumbled on it & loving all the posts from the members. It's taken me days to get round to reading it all!

I'm new to the forum but thought I'd just introduce myself & contribute my experience so far..

Only wheel I owned/used before this was a Logitech Driving Force (Non GT) wheel on PS2 which I used to have clamped to this rickety table that used to shoogle about when I got too excited. Sometimes unclamp itself etc. So in other words I'm comparing this with a much lesser experience in every sense.

I ordered it from Amazon (£245) back in December & it took a while to come back in stock. There wasn't much choice obviously regards what wheel to buy for PS3/4 but I did my brief research & also went for the Next Level wheelstand at another £140.

Basically I'm already on to my second T300 from Amazon as I had an issue with the pedals. The second set I've been sent seem fine. I don't really see the need to upgrade to the T3PA set at this point so will live with the current set up for a while before making any rash decisions. Spent enough money as it is!

It was interesting reading people's experience of opening up the pedals after already going through all that myself. I've yet to ever bother updating the firmware on PC as everything seems to work fine out the box, so if it ain't broke etc.

I'll try to upload a pic of my set up just now. I'm a bit of a noob to this scene so please bear with me whilst I'm learning the ins & outs. I may ask some daft questions lol.

Absolutely loving my wheel so far & wouldn't hesitate recommending it. If you have any problems with the wheel or the pedals you'll surely get there in the end & it will be well worth the persistence. Just buy it from somewhere good with returns like Amazon.

Oh if anyone here can recommend a good value chair to buy or even something I can put on top of a single seater couch chair (to give more support for a more upright position) then I'd be forever grateful! I'm currently using an upright cushion behind my back which doesn't feel right even though I'm in a good position to use the wheel.

Cheers

PS. Can someone tell me why those pesky sometimes unaligned potentiometers only have so many teeth on them rather than going all the way around? Also seemed a bit rubbish that there was nothing stopping the 2 central metal mechanism pins from coming falling out (in fact one did while I was trying to re-assemble the pedals)

Attachments

• DSC_0380.JPG
    DSC_0380.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Why haven't I ever though of putting a real car floor mat over sim pedals? That's genius.

Ha cheers man! Aye thought that was a nice touch myself. If I only ever contribute one thing around here then let it be that!

To be honest i read in a user review that someone was so underwhelmed by the plastic base that they might cut up an old car mat. That's where I got the idea from.

It makes a big difference and was really easy to do. Especially good for wearing socks etc!

Attachments

• DSC_0351.JPG
    DSC_0351.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0344.JPG
    DSC_0344.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
Is it normal, that the wheel is clicking and rattling when steering to the left?
depends how bad. A little bit of noise could just be the belt. But you shouldn't hear that noise unless you are leaning over the wheelbase and rotating the wheel slowly. If you can hear it clearly while racing you probably have an issue.

depends how bad. A little bit of noise could just be the belt. But you shouldn't hear that noise unless you are leaning over the wheelbase and rotating the wheel slowly. If you can hear it clearly while racing you probably have an issue.

Left rotations are much louder than right rotations. Right rotations have that typical mechanical sound but at left rotations there is also that rattle noise. If i close my eyes, it is very easy to hear the rotation direction.

It's probably the belt that isn't in the correct position... if the wheel is the warranty, you can ask Thrustmaster t change it.

There's a video that shows the problem and it's easy to fix(but yeah, it sucks if you have to open the wheel). I'll try to find the video and i'll post it here when i find.

Found it!!

Is the sound something like this?

If it is, here is the wheel open and he is showing the core of the problem:

As you can see, the belt is "jumping" some spots and the annoying noise(Y{?}) appears.

Now the problem solved:

By only putting the belt in the correct position will solve the problem. But if you are able to have the Thrustmaster's technical support to solve the problem or to change the wheel. I'd go for it instead of open the wheel.

Thanks Cocomoto! This was the noise at the beginning, but much quieter.
Now that noise is repeating after a few degrees, so it sounds like rattling.
Amazon will send me a new one, cause i think it is not normal.

But i don't think this is the same problem with my wheel, cause the center doesn't move while playing.

Last edited:
Hmm those video make me wonder I'll try tonight cos my wheel is rattle when turn left and right....must be belt?

Look like I'll test after work to see what's going on with belt due turn wheel is rattling.

Anyone know what's the issues when calibration itself more than 10 times? Anyone can help me how to solve?

Last edited:
Great news! my wheel is back alive after thrustmaster sent me email with special program call "Motor Calibratation" that they check my wheel to make sure 100% right.....now my wheel is 100% worked and no more virbrate feeling when turn!

Can't wait to play Project Cars!
That's great matey glad to hear it!!

Someone who has GT6, Could you do something very simple for me? Before starting GT6 up, just unplug the pedals from the wheel and see if you will be able to navigate through menus using only the wheel buttons (not DS3's), especially with the "X" and "Square". I'd really appreciate this help.
Thanks.

Great news! my wheel is back alive after thrustmaster sent me email with special program call "Motor Calibratation" that they check my wheel to make sure 100% right.....now my wheel is 100% worked and no more virbrate feeling when turn!

Can't wait to play Project Cars!

Nice to hear that. I share this app here at least twice never mind, glad it helped

Found it!!

Is the sound something like this?

If it is, here is the wheel open and he is showing the core of the problem:

As you can see, the belt is "jumping" some spots and the annoying noise(Y{?}) appears.

Now the problem solved:

By only putting the belt in the correct position will solve the problem. But if you are able to have the Thrustmaster's technical support to solve the problem or to change the wheel. I'd go for it instead of open the wheel.

So, how did you fix it? Manually by hand grabbing the belt and placing where it feels right or should be placed?

You must understand that my wheel never had any problem... so everything that i know is from the internet.

But in this particular case, seems to be the case. I don't recall where i saw this same guy saying that just replacing the belt in the correct position will fix the problem. And that before closing the wheel, you should turn to the left and right repeatedly to make sure the belt is placed correctly.

PS: I googled a lot of problems with the wheel after buying it, with so many cases i was really worried. So if my wheel had any problem, I would have a slightly idea of how to fix it.

I've had the T300 for about 2 weeks now...loving it! If you want a more real feeling brake, cut a foam practice golf ball in half and insert behind the pedal. Works great.

Thanks for the tip. Great brake mod. Took me a few trys to get the perfect size. Brakes feel almost real.

Can I ask if you guys cut the practice foam golf ball exactly in half and did you glue it down or just jam it in? Was thinking this may be just as effective as the other brake mod that involves rubber furniture stoppers etc.

also I take it bits of foam from inside doesn't break up and fall into the pedals over time either through repeated use?

Can I ask if you guys cut the practice foam golf ball exactly in half and did you glue it down or just jam it in? Was thinking this may be just as effective as the other brake mod that involves rubber furniture stoppers etc.

also I take it bits of foam from inside doesn't break up and fall into the pedals over time either through repeated use?

I've found a better solution now...get a drywall sanding block and cut it to fit. It's more progressive and has lasted 4 months so far.

I've found a better solution now...get a drywall sanding block and cut it to fit. It's more progressive and has lasted 4 months so far.
Nice one! Did you glue it down or does it just sit loose? Would love to see a picture but don't go out your way. Cheers for the update Fossilmoto

Latest Posts

Back