Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You might be able to get another 10% off that Zavvi price if new customer with WELCOME discount code and another 2%/1% cashback on it: Link

Worth a try but they might have stopped it for console stuff regarding the 10%.
Tried doesn't work with electricals sadly.:rolleyes::irked:

Tried doesn't work with electricals sadly.:rolleyes::irked:
I think they caught on to it for the last T300RS deal with Driveclub Special Edition, shame they never activated discount again, otherwise I might have been tempted to buy one. I guess 1% cashback is most extra you can get off the wheel, very good price as it is.

I think they caught on to it for the last T300RS deal with Driveclub Special Edition, shame they never activated discount again, otherwise I might have been tempted to buy one. I guess 1% cashback is most extra you can get off the wheel, very good price as it is.
Yeah we grabbed the 1% topcashback like you say decent deal on it's own. The Hut have the same deal incidentally everyone (in case Zavvi get snowed under with orders:sly:)

Finally registered today to post these deals and have been beaten to it, damnit!
Got my T300RS just under a month ago for £234, double damn! :banghead:

Very tempted by the TH8A.

My wheel has developed a slight grunching(sic) noise; kinda sounds like a gear tooth is skipping or the motor is struggling to keep up when I'm drifting. My accelerator pedal just started squeaking yesterday too, has anyone had this happen?
Thinking of returning the whole lot under the 30 day Amazon returns deal and saving myself the £45 for the wheel and putting it towards the TH8A.

Regards the squeaking pedals yes I had the same issue with my first set. The second is fine so far no squeaking.

Its the side of the plastic pedal lever scraping along the inside of the plastic base as it goes up and down. You could try lubricating it with vaseline or something. I sympathise with you mate its really annoying and if you can't fix it don't put up with it. Id just return it if you're having other issues as well.

Regards the squeaking pedals yes I had the same issue with my first set. The second is fine so far no squeaking.

Its the side of the plastic pedal lever scraping along the inside of the plastic base as it goes up and down. You could try lubricating it with vaseline or something. I sympathise with you mate its really annoying and if you can't fix it don't put up with it. Id just return it if you're having other issues as well.

Thanks Bush_Killa, I'll have a look this evening. Just another reason to go with the T3PA's though!

Wheels on its way:drool: Can someone remind me which size bolts are required for fixing the wheel to a Wheelstand Pro please.:dopey:

Johnboy - pretty sure they're M6's.
I had to jerry rig the pedals to fit my WSP as it's not a straight forward fit for my V1. Will take a photo later.

Thanks Bush_Killa, I'll have a look this evening. Just another reason to go with the T3PA's though!

I had to jerry rig the pedals to fit my WSP as it's not a straight forward fit for my V1. Will take a photo later.

No doubt the t3pa set will be better. If you don't need a clutch, are mounting the pedals & can be bothered doing a brake mod then the standard pedals can be decent. I decided to make do as I'd spent enough. Quite enjoyed doing the brake mod & there being an element of customisation but it shouldn't be necessary at £250 in all honesty.

They also looked a bit meh but I fixed that with a cut up car mat & a next level wheel stand ;)

Thanks mate that would be handy as I have the V1.:nervous: Would appreciate a photo.:cheers:

I have this issue. Any suggestions to solve the problem or i have to send it back to the re-seller?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_kiGpFcjx3VOVpuQS15QWtiMkU/view?usp=sharing

I'm having the same problems as you and since Thrustmaster haven't answered my e-mails, I have googled this issue and found this software:

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/mMdn0G1OB9Dygei/pY0fYA

You have to take the wheel off and the program will try to re calibrate, fail, and then try to solve the issue.
Unfortunately, this happens to me every other day so I have to repeat this whole process.

I'm really upset with the lack of feedback from Thrustmaster support though. My wheel is new, bought it in January and in 40 days this issue appeared.

I'm having the same problems as you and since Thrustmaster haven't answered my e-mails, I have googled this issue and found this software:

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/mMdn0G1OB9Dygei/pY0fYA

You have to take the wheel off and the program will try to re calibrate, fail, and then try to solve the issue.
Unfortunately, this happens to me every other day so I have to repeat this whole process.

I'm really upset with the lack of feedback from Thrustmaster support though. My wheel is new, bought it in January and in 40 days this issue appeared.
Terrible:irked: Can you not send it back?:nervous:

I bought it from Amazon and the item is not eligible for return anymore. Thrustmaster is my only hope :(
I don't think your kicking up enough of a fuss then my friend assuming you mean this January? Amazon returns are second to none at least that's what I thought.:confused:

I bought it from Amazon and the item is not eligible for return anymore. Thrustmaster is my only hope :(

I don't think your kicking up enough of a fuss then my friend assuming you mean this January? Amazon returns are second to none at least that's what I thought.:confused:

When I returned my wheel to Amazon it was 1 day over being eligible for return. Returned it no problem as that only applies to if you don't like it or want the item I believe .

If it's faulty then send it back to Amazon as a faulty product within the first year of buying it. They may refer the matter to the manufacturers but its more likely they'll sort it out themselves from my experience.

It was this January indeed but according to Amazon, the return window closed on February.

When I returned my wheel to Amazon it was 1 day over being eligible for return. Returned it no problem as that only applies to if you don't like it or want the item I believe .

If it's faulty then send it back to Amazon as a faulty product within the first year of buying it. They may refer the matter to the manufacturers but its more likely they'll sort it out themselves from my experience.

I'll try that. Amazon told me to contact Thrustmaster but I'll be "more incisive" then, thanks!

It was this January indeed but according to Amazon, the return window closed on February.

I'll try that. Amazon told me to contact Thrustmaster but I'll be "more incisive" then, thanks!
Total poppycock god only knows who the wally was on the other end of your enquiry:crazy: Sounds like a breakdown in communication somewhere, no company would offer a months warranty with such an item.:boggled: You'll be fine I'm sure, being nice doesn't always work sadly.:rolleyes:

Do you know if Thrustmaster have financial problems? There is no T3PA available yet, they are always out of stock. We contact them for Wheels issues and they stay weeks to answers to ours questions. This is normal?

Do you know if Thrustmaster have financial problems? There is no T3PA available yet, they are always out of stock. We contact them for Wheels issues and they stay weeks to answers to ours questions. This is normal?

I would think its possible they're struggling to produce enough of these wheels as they're in such high demand at the moment. More than likely also they have a backlog of complaints & enquires that they're having to wade through & struggling to keep up with it all.

Last edited:

No, don't know about that. Probably it's more a issue about time and staff available than money stuff.
BTW, have you seen the files that I put here? They should stop your problem for now until Thrustmaster comes through.

Last edited:
I've had my T300 RS since July last year and haven't had problems yet, but now looking at this has gotten me worried.

I've had my T300 RS since July last year and haven't had problems yet, but now looking at this has gotten me worried.
I wouldn't stress too much mate, there are only a minority of people with issues in reality, the majority have wheels that are fine and have no need to be on the forums chasing down issues.

The customer who got a good product will tell 5 people, the one who got a bad product will tell anyone who listens!

Last edited:
No, don't know about that. Probably it's more a issue about time and staff available than money stuff.
BTW, have you seen the files that I put here? They should stop your problem for now until Thrustmaster comes through.
Hi, i only see the files just noW, but the wheel now calibrate like this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_kiGpFcjx3VZ3Nrd21ZWTVhTXM/edit?usp=docslist_api
Yesterday i have remove the rim and connet to ps4 and he start calibrate like that. This Is not normal yet but...the exe file is from thrustmaster support? I m waitting for a contact from then.

Has anyone changed the wheel on the T300 yet?
am thinking about upgrading to one like this, i know it would need modding for the D pad but should be easy really.
images

Has anyone changed the wheel on the T300 yet?
am thinking about upgrading to one like this, i know it would need modding for the D pad but should be easy really.
images
To be honest mate, I'd rather just get someone to restitch alcantara onto the rim it comes with...

I'd probably consider such a mod if there was a detailed guide to put something like this together though... just to get a more lifelike sized wheel attached...

Its not hard to make a real wheel fit on Thrustmasters bases, and it makes a huge difference.

This vid shows someone using an adapter to change a GTE rim to a real wheel. Easy and totally reversable. You can also use a DSD adapter if you're not worried about buttons. My custom rim uses a DSD adapter and circuit and doesn't use any of the original TM buttons.

To be honest mate, I'd rather just get someone to restitch alcantara onto the rim it comes with...

I'd probably consider such a mod if there was a detailed guide to put something like this together though... just to get a more lifelike sized wheel attached...

Yeh that could be a good idea too, the wheel in the pic is 250mm, so size wise is pritty much the same.
Am sure it wouldn't take much to make on fit

Wow now that is pretty simple, as long as you've got the adapter...

Thankyou for sharing @Gunstar Will keep this in mind for later down the line.

Hey my fellow gtp members.. those who are having issues with wheel, quick question..

Are you fellas from US or EU? Etc etc. Please reply this is a huge deal for me, an maybe so others..

No doubt the t3pa set will be better. If you don't need a clutch, are mounting the pedals & can be bothered doing a brake mod then the standard pedals can be decent. I decided to make do as I'd spent enough. Quite enjoyed doing the brake mod & there being an element of customisation but it shouldn't be necessary at £250 in all honesty.

They also looked a bit meh but I fixed that with a cut up car mat & a next level wheel stand ;)

Ideally I'll get the T3PA and the TH8A but can't justify the cost of both at the moment, upgraded from a G27 so really missing the immersion of a proper shifter and clutch, hoping Project CARS will implement the clutch better than GT6!

Thanks mate that would be handy as I have the V1.:nervous: Would appreciate a photo.:cheers:

Hope this is clear!
LCVLSEE.jpg

I used a spare 1" piece of metal bar with near-perfectly spaced holes which I had to open up to screw the shallow M6 25-30mm bolts into. Before bolting the bar in I placed a shallow head ~80mm M6 bolt (the large horizontal bolt) and an M6 nut to hold it in place.
After that I slid the two thick rubber sleeves in line with the short bolts.
I butted the front of the pedals to the thin rubber rings at the front of the WSP and held it in place while I offered up the stock metal bar and bolted that tightly to the long M6.
Finally I used 3 long cable ties across the middle of the pedals to prevent them lifting.

I had to scrounge around my garage to find the nuts, bolts and metal so it all took a *lot* longer than this but in essence that was how I made it work for me.

rIInoqb.jpg

Forgive the cable tie ends, just need to snip those off now I know they work - might add a bit of rubber on top to keep them in place as they slip about a bit.

Back