Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My experience with Thrustmaster wheels is that the belts feel somewhat rough when new. How likely is what you are now feeling something which will go away as the belt wears in?

^that's one i have at the moment :| tried to update the firmware and try to calibrate program still no luck.

EDIT: I take t300 out of box and test, worked for now.

Last edited:
My experience with Thrustmaster wheels is that the belts feel somewhat rough when new. How likely is what you are now feeling something which will go away as the belt wears in?
when i got that and belt is seem normal and no rough at all for 1 and half month until last 3 days ago i feel rough, it's not same from before.

Hey guys. Quick question. Have you had any problems with the t300 brake pedal. I read somewhere there were issues and a fix for it. I'm trying to avoid a long return process. They just need to hold me over until the T3pa become available.

Hey guys. Quick question. Have you had any problems with the t300 brake pedal. I read somewhere there were issues and a fix for it. I'm trying to avoid a long return process. They just need to hold me over until the T3pa become available.

What's your problem?

If is the deadzone that is too high, it's really easy to fix.

No no. I've read about that. This is a full on melt down. Sometimes it will just go full brake with no interaction from me. Sometimes the brake just doesn't work. sometimes the brake works but when pressed full it suddenly stops working. Like the last inch or 2 of travel doesn't exist. Heard of this happening?

No no. I've read about that. This is a full on melt down. Sometimes it will just go full brake with no interaction from me. Sometimes the brake just doesn't work. sometimes the brake works but when pressed full it suddenly stops working. Like the last inch or 2 of travel doesn't exist. Heard of this happening?

How do you calibrate your pedals?

Is the wheel updated and did you used the Thrustmaster program to see if everything is fine?
Yes I did. I talked to customer service today and after some back and forth, there sending me a new set. Bad potentiometer. Thanks guys for your help. Really appreciate it. Cheers.:cheers:

Oh man... so many wheels with malfunction.

Wil be interesting to see how many people have the T300 on GTP and what is the proportion of the good wheel and the the one that can be throw in the garbage...

Oh man... so many wheels with malfunction.

Wil be interesting to see how many people have the T300 on GTP and what is the proportion of the good wheel and the the one that can be throw in the garbage...
So stuck do I or don't I take the Thrustmaster plunge.:boggled::rolleyes::nervous:

So stuck do I or don't I take the Thrustmaster plunge.:boggled::rolleyes::nervous:

nFSebim.gif

While Thrustmaster definitely had a few teething issues when the T300RS first released (just as they did with the T500RS) it seems that those issues were mostly with the first few batches of wheels. Plus, there is a one year warranty from the manufacturer so if something does go wrong they will replace it for free.

Like others have said, if someone gets a wheel and has no problems they aren't very likely to get on the internet and say anything. If someone does have a problem, it is pretty much guaranteed that they'll get on the internet and let people know. Even with the slight problem I have with the brake pedal on my stock pedal set, (Thrustmaster has offered to replace for free) I have absolutely no problems recommending the T300 RS to fellow sim racing enthusiasts.

The product is good, the support is good, I say DO IT as well.

Remember, for every hundred GOOD wheels that people (who probably don't post on GTP) get you get a bad one someone needs to reach out for support on. Don't believe the anti-hype.

I got mine in November, and it has worked perfectly from day 1. The stock pedals have been modded with some foam
and I don't see any need to ever upgrade. I had a DFGT prior to this and from MY personal experience this wheel has
delivered everything I had hoped for... a Massive improvement in feel and control.

I had to RMA my October (first batch) T300RS due to the clunk issue (bad tolerances on a batch of shaft components which went to EU and Australia). The second one works perfectly except for some power supply hum (which increases in volume as the wheel warms up). If I were OCD I'd have started a second RMA, but since it works and I can't hear the hum in game wearing headphones I'm just living with it for now.

I should note that in comparison my DFGT, G25 and T500 have worked perfectly from day 1 and my Fanatec Porsche wheel needed a codewheel sensor replacement from new. Buying wheels in the first 6 months of production is always going to give higher chance of issues, no matter which vendor.

Despite my issues I definitely think the wheel is worth it. A big upgrade on a DFGT, G25 or Fanatec Porsche wheel.

I got mine in November, and it has worked perfectly from day 1. The stock pedals have been modded with some foam
and I don't see any need to ever upgrade. I had a DFGT prior to this and from MY personal experience this wheel has
delivered everything I had hoped for... a Massive improvement in feel and control.
My situation sounds similar to yours I'm guessing you used a similar mod for your DFGT pedals;) Can't believe the standard T300 pedals are worse than a non modded DFGT set:lol:

Ill give that a try Tom, had my torque and FFB at 7 each so it was working pretty hard I feel. So I am currently at 4 for each and it was ok not just what I had been used to, the only way I could put it was wrestling a giant anaconda while trying to change gear's, accelerate and brake lol.
On a side note I was rather impressed by the quick responses not only from the third party I bought the wheel from (Pagnian) but also from Thrustmaster all in less than 24hr's.

That is pretty good.

I tried 4 and 4 too and it f
Your talking about torque and FFB in GT6 isnt that the same thing ?

Well there's a torque FFB setting and a FFB sensitivity setting. That's what we were referring to.

I've done some more tweaking and right now I prefer 4 torque and 5 sensitivity. Still wish we had a meter like iracing and assetto corsa to tell us if we're clipping at all.

Yes, i highly recomend the wheel too.

Mine is 100% until now. And my TH8A arrived today!! What a amazing piece of hardware.... The problem is that my wife want me to sell it, but she played LFS and kind like it... let's how i'm beat this big boss!!

My situation sounds similar to yours I'm guessing you used a similar mod for your DFGT pedals;) Can't believe the standard T300 pedals are worse than a non modded DFGT set:lol:

There's no mod that could ever make DFGT pedals better than the T300 pedals. T300 pedals are not worse than DFGT pedals. No idea where you got that idea. T300's are miles better. Not only that but they're great pedals in their own right. They beat the hell out of G27 pedals despite not having a clutch, same with Fanatec's basic pedals (not the clubsports).

Just replaced my G27 with the T300rs, currently using the stock pedals, not quite as good as G27 pedals with spring mods and DSD pedal faces, but a decent start. I am looking to get some CSR Elite pedals for it, but back to the wheel.
So much more realistic than the G27, stronger FFB, better for trying to replicate vehicles with no power steering. I am not a good drifter by any means, but the strength and fluidity of the T300rs makes it seem much easier. Main problem with getting my lap times back down are the pedals. Not enough progression on the brakes. Given that less cars these days have no clutch, I am not too let down by the lack of a clutch, but I do desire more when comparing them to my G27 pedals. If you were to look at this wheel as something like what Fanatec does, where they sell just the base and you buy the pedals and shifter after, It would be fantastic, and this also comes with some pedals to get you going right away.

Fantastic wheel so far, but an 'alright' kit if you were not looking to upgrade anything.

Just replaced my G27 with the T300rs, currently using the stock pedals, not quite as good as G27 pedals with spring mods and DSD pedal faces, but a decent start. I am looking to get some CSR Elite pedals for it, but back to the wheel.
So much more realistic than the G27, stronger FFB, better for trying to replicate vehicles with no power steering. I am not a good drifter by any means, but the strength and fluidity of the T300rs makes it seem much easier. Main problem with getting my lap times back down are the pedals. Not enough progression on the brakes. Given that less cars these days have no clutch, I am not too let down by the lack of a clutch, but I do desire more when comparing them to my G27 pedals. If you were to look at this wheel as something like what Fanatec does, where they sell just the base and you buy the pedals and shifter after, It would be fantastic, and this also comes with some pedals to get you going right away.

Fantastic wheel so far, but an 'alright' kit if you were not looking to upgrade anything.

John Bodin does a pedal adaptor for G27 pedals to Thrustmaster wheels. I am about to beta test it for him on my T300 and put a review up on here, @ $19.50 US, it is a pretty economical mod. I will keep you posted on it's performance when it turns up and I can test it :)

I find it a bit surreal that it sounds like some recommend buying the wheel partly because it's easy to get a replacement (it may not be in all countries).

There are still issues. This week I received a replacement wheel because of the clicking issue (when re-centring the wheel) and it's great because I still haven't sent back the old wheel, I've not been a single day without a T300 (yes, I have 2 at the minute!). Thanks Amazon.
But I'm going to keep the old pedals because the new brake pedal is broken: it brakes by itself and only reaches 75% or so! With a brand new set! Imagine I had to return the old wheel first...

So while it's indeed a great wheel, it is still a risk. (I know, it works fine for some and that's fantastic)

People who can do without it (I.e. on PC or still on PS3) should wait, in my opinion.

There's no mod that could ever make DFGT pedals better than the T300 pedals. T300 pedals are not worse than DFGT pedals. No idea where you got that idea. T300's are miles better. Not only that but they're great pedals in their own right. They beat the hell out of G27 pedals despite not having a clutch, same with Fanatec's basic pedals (not the clubsports).
Lol I didn't for one minute think they would be or say as much.:boggled::confused:

Does anybody know if a set of T500RS pedals will work with this wheel.
I emailed Thrustmaster tech support 3 days ago to ask them and apparently they can't be bothered to answer :(

Thank you :)

GTPlanet....a better resource that Thrustmasters own tech support.
They usually take a while to respond to anything. To be fair to them, it does say on their website it supports them pedals: Link and also on descriptions at retailers such as Amazon.

Back