Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks. I saw one guy selling a base in eBay for £180 but my last one was from eBay (still sealed) so I think I'll go official this time and try to sell all the bits I don't need.

Pedals should sell for £50-ish. No idea on the rim since there's nothing much special about it, but on the plus side it isn't sold seperately.

Pedals should sell for £50-ish. No idea on the rim since there's nothing much special about it, but on the plus side it isn't sold seperately.
Nice. I'll have 2 sets of pedals and 2 rims to sell, as I bought the 599 rim and Pro pedals last year, although I'd imagine there's not a huge market for rims but certainly worth a shot. Thanks, guys 👍

I asked TM where I'd have to post my unit back to and found out it's France. No thanks. I did get a classic piece of advice from them though, and I quote:

'Given the fact that the problem is related exclusively to the Servo base, replacing it with a new one will permanently solve the problem.'

You don't say? :dunce: :lol:

All the people who got some kind of problem with the T300, should unite and given TM some judicial time, really...

The amount of problem the T300 have is absurd, and the worse of it all, they don't seem to solve it in the new allotment.

I asked TM where I'd have to post my unit back to and found out it's France. No thanks. I did get a classic piece of advice from them though, and I quote:

'Given the fact that the problem is related exclusively to the Servo base, replacing it with a new one will permanently solve the problem.'

@ TM: :rolleyes:

"permanently" :odd:

THRUSTMASTER
".......... permanently solve the problem."

Yes, but only until the replacement fails and how long will that take? :irked:

All the people who got some kind of problem with the T300, should unite and given TM some judicial time, really...

The amount of problem the T300 have is absurd, and the worse of it all, they don't seem to solve it in the new allotment.

The T300 has certainly suffered from really poor reliability. I'm surprised that TM haven't ditched the T300 and replaced it with a redesigned version called a T350.

Me too, i don't get how a company keeps sending such a problrmatic product to the stores.

Did TM ever officially talked about those failures on the T300?

Not that I'm aware of.

They have been too busy with RMA's. :lol:

I wouldn't expect them to admit to the issues, although launching a revised replacement would be a very clever idea and the answer to the issues.

If its a return, they email you a pre paid shipping label to print off so it should not cost you anything. Thats what they did for me and it was returned to me in 9 days .

If its a return, they email you a pre paid shipping label to print off so it should not cost you anything. Thats what they did for me and it was returned to me in 9 days .
Thanks but mine's out of warranty and they stated I'll need to cover all shipping costs.

I have the T300 RS with G25/G27 and a Ricmotech Logitech Pedal Adapter.

Everything worked well till I got a GTOmegaracing cockpit, I raised the pedal angle by 45 degress, throttle and brakes now only work at 50%(playing P/cars) I tried another set of G25/G27 pedals the same thing happened again. Any advise I would be very grateful.

I have the T300 RS with G25/G27 and a Ricmotech Logitech Pedal Adapter.

Everything worked well till I got a GTOmegaracing cockpit, I raised the pedal angle by 45 degress, throttle and brakes now only work at 50%(playing P/cars) I tried another set of G25/G27 pedals the same thing happened again. Any advise I would be very grateful.

Have you tried the pedals off the rig since? If that's OK, don't try them on the rig again just yet!

My suspicion is that the rig is partially grounding the pedals, which is bad because the pedal's ground is connected to the TM's supply voltage to the pedals, due to the adapter. If it fully grounded the pedals, something might burn out. It's the mounting bolts that would be making the connection.

Try with either the pedals or the wheel not bolted down and report back.

Thanks Outspacer, I will try tomorrow, but before i do i could try plastic bolts!?!?

Before? Trying the pedals off the rig or not bolted down is just a test to confirm what I suspect!

If I'm right, then we can think about how to solve it. Plastic bolts, maybe, but wouldn't they have a coarser thread pitch? Either some way to isolate them, or changing the wiring inside the pedals could work.

I want to answer your questions but I'm not familiar with Amazon warranty. My assumption is to contact Amazon in stead of Thrustmaster because you bought it there and they will take care of the warranty and can take up to a couple of weeks? It is not guaranteed you get a brand new T300 I think they are allowed to replace it with a equivalent (so also refurbished). Just ask Amazon! Good luck with this warranty handling

Man, I can't believe it.
I had a couple of busy days so I was not able to contact amazon for this warranty claim, but the last time I used the wheel I noticed that the front plate of the rim when making the squeaky sound wa moving right where is the top right bolt. So I just did a quick research just to see if there's anything important behind that bolt and slightly screw that bolt all the way in. Now the rim doesn't move and doesn't make any noise. This is one of those situation where I'm glad I don't have time to do anything!:lol::lol:

Outspacer I have tried both sets of pedals off the rig, Brakes and Throttle are at 100%

That does seem to confirm it then.

So which kind of fix are you more comfortable with?

Opening up the pedals is tedious, but not difficult, I prefer dismantling them this way so the wiring doesn't get disturbed:

Once apart, you could unscrew and remove the ground connection from each pedal. The screws could go back in place to avoid losing them. Wrap the tags to the wire with electrical tape to stop them touching the metal again. The ground tag is circled in green:

Logitech_pedal_pot_wires.jpg

Since the pedals will be grounded through the rig this should work fine. (Using some grip washers would help bite into the rig a touch to make sure the connection is good).

Otherwise, I dunno what the best/easiest way to isolate them would be. It depends on how much space there is around the bolts in the mounting holes of your rig. If there's enough to wrap part of the bolt in electrical tape, then that plus some plastic washers ought to do it, although there's still a small risk that the tape wears through and it connects again.

That does seem to confirm it then.

So which kind of fix are you more comfortable with?

Opening up the pedals is tedious, but not difficult, I prefer dismantling them this way so the wiring doesn't get disturbed:

Once apart, you could unscrew and remove the ground connection from each pedal. The screws could go back in place to avoid losing them. Wrap the tags to the wire with electrical tape to stop them touching the metal again. The ground tag is circled in green:

View attachment 648918

Since the pedals will be grounded through the rig this should work fine. (Using some grip washers would help bite into the rig a touch to make sure the connection is good).

Otherwise, I dunno what the best/easiest way to isolate them would be. It depends on how much space there is around the bolts in the mounting holes of your rig. If there's enough to wrap part of the bolt in electrical tape, then that plus some plastic washers ought to do it, although there's still a small risk that the tape wears through and it connects again.

Thank you Outspacer. I will try this on friday and will let you know.

Just reading these stories (touch wood) mine has been perfect since I got it 18mths (ish) now.

@bleeder or anyone looking for one
If you are still looking for new base unit and don't mind the ferrari wheel.. box.uk have it for £199.00inc at the moment with free delivery:tup:
https://www.box.co.uk/Thrustmaster_...1659118.html?gclid=CNDutrKridQCFURAGwodqA8NjA

Also the original rally pack (with SLR) for only £219inc
https://www.box.co.uk/Thrustmaster_T300_RS_Racing_Wheel_Rally__2079490.html
productimage.aspx
Yeah cheers. Are box any good? Was doing some research last week, they seem ok but I'm thinking of just buying the servo base direct from TM for £229.

My wheel was fine for over 2 years, which a lot of people didn't get to, so not massively complaining, but still....

Hopefully yours doesn't break too

Hi @bleeder I only spotted the deal while looking for something else and have never used them myself. They look like a standard UK Retailer so they must source their products from Thrustmaster somehow (So you must still get your Thrustmaster warranty if it is new?) It is the same as buying online from any retailer these days (pay by c/card etc if you can). If you want to take it back to a local store if it does get a fault then maybe it is worth buying from a well known High Street Supermarket retailer as I have also seen similar deals and pricing as this or as you say go direct to Thrustmaster just for the servo.

My only thought was with this at the same price now new, you get a new base, spare Ferrari wheel, spare pedals etc

P.s Hopefully all ours will last another 10 years :P

Hi @bleeder I only spotted the deal while looking for something else and have never used them myself. They look like a standard UK Retailer so they must source their products from Thrustmaster somehow (So you must still get your Thrustmaster warranty if it is new?) It is the same as buying online from any retailer these days (pay by c/card etc if you can). If you want to take it back to a local store if it does get a fault then maybe it is worth buying from a well known High Street Supermarket retailer as I have also seen similar deals and pricing as this or as you say go direct to Thrustmaster just for the servo.

My only thought was with this at the same price now new, you get a new base, spare Ferrari wheel, spare pedals etc

P.s Hopefully all ours will last another 10 years :P
One thing that puts me off a whole new set is that I already have a spare RS rim and standard pedals from my set as I upgraded to the Pro pedals and 599 rim, and don't think there will be many people interested in buying the parts I don't want, especially the rim (based on quick eBay searches).

Hopefully other retailers will drop the price at some point, but that Box deal is quite tempting.

Thanks for the input 👍

One thing that puts me off a whole new set is that I already have a spare RS rim and standard pedals from my set as I upgraded to the Pro pedals and 599 rim, and don't think there will be many people interested in buying the parts I don't want, especially the rim (based on quick eBay searches).

Hopefully other retailers will drop the price at some point, but that Box deal is quite tempting.

Thanks for the input 👍

Ah, that's why I suggested the RS GT version: it comes with T3PA pedals, which should be easy to sell at the right price. They list for £90, Box seems to be cheapest at the moment at £75.

I don't suppose standard pedals would sell for much, but the Ferrari rim might get something as it's a good one for modding with a real rim. That £199 deal is already cheaper than TM want for the base, and at that price probably a better option than the RS GT - you might not get much for the spares, but you're not risking much either.

I haven't bought from Box, but then one person's purchase wouldn't mean much since it's support that varies. I don't see anything about them that would ring alarm bells though. I almost got mine from there, but ended up getting it from More Computers instead as it was a little cheaper (about the same now). All I can say is that it got delivered fine.

Ah, that's why I suggested the RS GT version: it comes with T3PA pedals, which should be easy to sell at the right price. They list for £90, Box seems to be cheapest at the moment at £75.

I don't suppose standard pedals would sell for much, but the Ferrari rim might get something as it's a good one for modding with a real rim. That £199 deal is already cheaper than TM want for the base, and at that price probably a better option than the RS GT - you might not get much for the spares, but you're not risking much either.

I haven't bought from Box, but then one person's purchase wouldn't mean much since it's support that varies. I don't see anything about them that would ring alarm bells though. I almost got mine from there, but ended up getting it from More Computers instead as it was a little cheaper (about the same now). All I can say is that it got delivered fine.
Makes total sense actually. I'll most likely bite the bullet and go with Box, in a few weeks (I'm going away). I'll report back once my mission is completed!

Hi guys, so I last week I bought a T300RS wheel, and it has clicking noise when turning.
Is this a normal behavior??

I had this exact same problem with my T300RS GTE after just 1 week of use.

I noticed that the wheels axis of rotation wasn't central to the outer case and it looked like it was a good 5mm too far to the right compared to the hole. I've no idea if that was the cause of the noise but it didn't sound like it was going away so I returned it to Amazon.

Anyway, I ordered a replacement which appears to be much better in terms of alignment.

Touch wood mines been good which I bought 6 months ago, after having a really bad run with Logitech G29, I had 4 warranty replacements within 5 months of owning it. Last one I got I sold off.

T300rs is definitely much better.

Back