Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I purchased a T300 on black Friday last year from Amazon. Received it on Dec. 4, set it up on my rig with the T3PA pro pedals and the 599 Alcantera wheel. Since then I have logged 26 hours on PCars and 12 hours on Assetto Corsa. Two days ago I started up the PS4 with AC and the wheel would not calibrate. It litteraly was frozen. None of the wheel buttons functioned either. The motor became hot and the fan would kick on. Tried PC and had the same result. I am shipping it back to Amazon who are shipping me a new T300 base. After seeing so many faulty units discussed on this forum, and now having that experience myself I really have to question the QC at Thrustmaster. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with the second unit but I am becoming skeptical. I spoke with Thrustmaster and they requested a video and photo of the serial number of the unit which leads me to believe there may have been a run of faulty units.

Remember that most do not come on here to say...my t300 is fine. You mainly just hear complaints which would lead you to believe the failiure rate is higher than it actually is.The problem is usually the rubbish fan though.

Remember that most do not come on here to say...my t300 is fine. You mainly just hear complaints which would lead you to believe the failiure rate is higher than it actually is.The problem is usually the rubbish fan though.
I totally agree with you, but compare the amount of people with T300 issues to the G27 owners and it becomes fairly apparent that TM have build quality issues. It's a shame, because the T300's FFB is so much better.

Does anyone run into a rare heavy rubber clunk? Or am I running over something at high speed in the corners? I rarely get this but sometimes once in a week to two come across a lump in the high speed corners... Sometimes longer likely because it really doesn't annoy me unless it happens which isn't often. Sometimes it can throw an over correcting wobble. Not always though.

It definitely aint kerbs or bollards.

The wheel is smooth no matter what I do. Feedback or no feedback and even unplugged both USB and power.

Last edited:
Does anyone run into a rare heavy rubber clunk? Or am I running over something at high speed in the corners? I rarely get this but sometimes once in a week to two come across a lump in the high speed corners... Sometimes longer likely because it really doesn't annoy me unless it happens which isn't often. Sometimes it can throw an over correcting wobble. Not always though.

It definitely aint kerbs or bollards.

The wheel is smooth no matter what I do. Feedback or no feedback and even unplugged both USB and power.

Yes.. and I think it is from the same root issue that may cause random button pressing. Wiring and power issues.

OR

I wonder if ps4s have something to do with it, but I am not sure. They could have some kind of intermittent connection issues over USB.. every once in a while my usb headset's sound blips off and back on. (This is very uncommon though)

They are so rare though that I have learned to just live with it as it is so minor.

Last edited:
What do you mean wiring or power issues? The internals? How often do you get the random button pressing as I think I've solved mine. The little dial on the Alcantara wheel was a bit loose that I connected it to the laptop and button 13 was highlighted. Once I put a tiny bit of black foam below it, art craft type foam, it stopped it momentarliy pressing.

What do you mean wiring or power issues? The internals? How often do you get the random button pressing as I think I've solved mine. The little dial on the Alcantara wheel was a bit loose that I connected it to the laptop and button 13 was highlighted. Once I put a tiny bit of black foam below it, art craft type foam, it stopped it momentarliy pressing.

Yes - internals, manufacturing, and build issues. (like your dial being loose) Also yeah I have taken my wheel rim off and gone through it and tightened it all down and it has pretty much eliminated the random button press. I have the standard T300rs PS wheel.

I'm not here bashing it, I love my wheel but I will be honest about it.

So I've used this on pc and PS4 but I'm a dork and don't quite understand how to use the search function just for this thread, is there anyway to use this for x1 as well? I different wheel or attachment?

So I've used this on pc and PS4 but I'm a dork and don't quite understand how to use the search function just for this thread, is there anyway to use this for x1 as well? I different wheel or attachment?
Sadly the only way to have Xbox One support is to buy a TX base. You can reuse pedals and rim from the T300 on the TX if you like, but Sony/MS haven't let anybody make a wheel base which is compatible with both consoles this generation.

Sadly the only way to have Xbox One support is to buy a TX base. You can reuse pedals and rim from the T300 on the TX if you like, but Sony/MS haven't let anybody make a wheel base which is compatible with both consoles this generation.

I don't remember it being the same on both last generation either.

Not for Thrustmaster but the last gen Fanatecs (CSR, GT2 and CSW if remember correctly) worked on PC, PS3 and XBox 360.
Yup, I spent a few years happily switching between GT5 and Forza 4 with my Fanatec GT2.

Although now that Forza is on PC it matters much less than before. I will just play Forza Motorsport 7 on my gaming PC with my T300.

The base should really have been bigger with a 120mm fan that could run slower while pushing more air. I have some 120mm fans for the PC at 1000rpm that pushes lovely airflow and there is hardly any sound.

Maybe inspiration for others ... clamp developed a crack and because I wasn't really satisfied with its design. I made a specific clamp for my table, the steering wheel doesn't move at all now and tightening force is much lower. It's made from Ertacetal.

t300o.jpg

t300h.jpg

Last edited:
Since sending mine in for repair, i have not got any ffb fading. I run it at max setting in all games, forced cooling mode is enabled with an ambient room temp of 18c, no fading at all. Seems the new fan they put in does the job now !

Maybe inspiration for others ... clamp developed a crack and because I wasn't really satisfied with its design. I made a specific clamp for my table, the steering wheel doesn't move at all now and tightening force is much lower. It's made from Ertacetal.

t300o.jpg

t300h.jpg
Very well done 👍
Here's what I did for my T150 about a year ago.
Snapshot_20170310_1.JPG
Snapshot_20170310_2.JPG
Snapshot_20170310_5.JPG
Snapshot_20170310_7.JPG
As you said the steering wheel doesn't move at all and tightening force is much lower.:)

So I posted back in January about my second wheel issue. Contacted TM this week, and they were kind enough to remind me that the warranty in the US is only one year, instead of 2 like in Europe. :ouch: I guess I'll have to buy a replacement fan and do it myself, since the warranty is up.

20170414_222335.jpg

Worth buying it for PC/PS3 and PS4? The problem is I don't have a dedicated wheel stand. Another thing is amazon is much cheaper but i'm quite sure about the shipping price to here.

you won't regret it! can you e.g. mount it on a table/desk?
I'm gonna check that after I get better and be able to come back home.

Another thing is that where do I put it? I'm currently running my ps4 on a 60 inch screen in the living room but I don't see that as the place to do my racing.

Back