Thrustmaster T300RS settings - FFB feels strange

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 74 comments
I asked you for the link to the TM pdf that states the windows control panel FFB affects the PS4.
The information you typed should be common knowledge, to everyone.
I have all the pdf about my wheel that TM have on the website.
I guess you think I am asking for help, when I just making sure I didn't miss a pdf.

Just like I asked where did you get the information the very 1st time, when you posted the website link I noticed I had it & it looked different.

Here's the answer I've made directly to Thrustmaster as you seem not to believe me;
Screenshot_20200627-162716.png

Nice one didn't know that to be honest.

I bought ACC for PS4 today. I am performing FW update and will try it this evening. I hope it will work fine ;)

Here's the answer I've made directly to Thrustmaster as you seem not to believe me;
View attachment 935479

No one said it doesn't stay in memory.
I tell you want you believe what you been told & I will believe the information I was given by TM tech when I purchased my wheel last year.
If I was informed wrong then so it goes , what I will do is email them again & get an update.

You should of ask does the settings under gain in the windows control panel affect the wheel when use on a PS4.

Nancy is a helpful person but is not sure, the reason I know is because I asked her.

But either way you do it your way & I'll do it mine
End of chat on my side.
Good luck & enjoy the game

Last edited:
If one does not have access to update the T300 firmware, will this game be unplayable? I’ve had my wheel for 4 and a half years and have never updated.

No one said it doesn't stay in memory.
I tell you want you believe what you been told & I will believe the information I was given by TM tech when I purchased my wheel last year.
If I was informed wrong then so it goes , what I will do is email them again & get an update.

You should of ask does the settings under gain in the windows control panel affect the wheel when use on a PS4.

Nancy is a helpful person but is not sure, the reason I know is because I asked her.

But either way you do it your way & I'll do it mine
End of chat on my side.
Good luck & enjoy the game

I can say you in games with autodor as the first assetto or GTS ,the inputs of the TM control panel doesn't affect/apply playing on PS4,as the game sets everything automatically.

Other games as Pcars, ACC ,yes, the gain you put in TM control panel apply and affects playing on PS4 like also the limit of rotation and some other settings that you can decide set it or that the game sets it.

I use an laptop, changed config in TM control panel ,and it apply/affects playing on PS4,you see and feel the changes made.

Use same in-game settings,car and track to see it isn't fake or placebo.

You can easily try for yourself,in my case it's easy and fast connect the wheel to my laptop,do some changes/reset config/update firmware,disconect from laptop and connect to PS4 again.

I just wanted to be helpful and explain what I've learned and know, everyone is free to do and believe what they want.

PS_Messages_20200626_193833.jpg

I ended up with after updating the firmware of my wheel and this FFB settings in-game, saving 6 presets with the different rotations of the cars, and I'm really enjoying and happy with the feeling and the game right now.

If my posts helps you ,or somebody else, perfect..if not,well, sorry:cheers:

If one does not have access to update the T300 firmware, will this game be unplayable? I’ve had my wheel for 4 and a half years and have never updated.

Not unplayable,but on last firmware the performance of the wheel can be better on ACC and other games, the last update brings also performance upgrade to the new Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals if you contect them to the wheel base, changing the pedal input from 12bit to 16bit (more bits make them more responsive and with more presicion).. firmware updates can also iron out some problems.

Always good idea to update the firmware of the wheel

Last edited:

You only need a PC or laptop to update the FW. My T300 was on FW version 25.00 (about 4 years since my last update) and it made the game unplayable. Mind you it worked fine on every other driving game I use GT Sport, Dirt Rally2, PCARS2 etc, etc

I have not updated my T300 and it works great.

xX Jojje Xx

Not unplayable,but on last firmware the performance of the wheel can be better on ACC and other games, the last update brings also performance upgrade to the new Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals if you contect them to the wheel base, changing the pedal input from 12bit to 16bit (more bits make them more responsive and with more presicion).. firmware updates can also iron out some problems.

Always good idea to update the firmware of the wheel

You only need a PC or laptop to update the FW. My T300 was on FW version 25.00 (about 4 years since my last update) and it made the game unplayable. Mind you it worked fine on every other driving game I use GT Sport, Dirt Rally2, PCARS2 etc, etc

Thanks for the replies. I only have a Mac and I’m looking into installing virtual windows on my old MacBook and going that route.

If you want to test if the windows PC driver gain setting affects the wheel when later connected to a ps4, set the gain to 0 then try one of the games that doesn't autodor set it as stated.

I'm not going to state one way or the other, but it will allow you to know for yourself.

I think my wheel (T300RS) is on the latest firmware, from memory i updated it a couple months back.
Today was the first time i started and played the game, and had no issues at all. I used the settings at the start of the thread and they were fine for the training lambo - i tweaked it all slightly, i think i prefer a little less dynamic damper than 100 to get a little more FFB strength at lower speeds. I need a bit more of a play with road effects, i couldn't really notice much difference between 5 and 20 and min force which i have set to 1.

I prefer slightly weak FFB in order that I'm not fighting the wheel (I run AC at 35 strength) so i don't mind the sightly weak FFB in ACC - so far it feels good, not mindblowing but I've not really pushed any of the proper GT3's yet so looking forward to trying them out

Last edited:
I have a little bit with my T300 that ive started noticing today. But we're talking maybe 0.1s

I updated my firmware yesterday (didnt have any issues prior)

Hopefully thats something they can sort out with a patch
It's something like 0,2s, maybe even higher. I measured it with the regular DS4 controller. In reaction games like these, that's not a small amount.

Found my sweet spot for now.
T300
T3pa
F1 rim
Gain 75
Min force 0
Dynamic damp 100
Road effects 10
Steer lock. As per car.
Steer linearity 1.90
Brake gamma 1.00
Ps4.

After many, many painstaking hours of installing Windows on my MacBook and even more painful hours of getting Thrustmaster drivers to install, I was finally able to update my wheel last night. Good grief!

I’m looking forward to finally getting to play this game and revisit AC, PC1 and 2 and GT Sport with the new firmware.

After many, many painstaking hours of installing Windows on my MacBook and even more painful hours of getting Thrustmaster drivers to install, I was finally able to update my wheel last night. Good grief!

I’m looking forward to finally getting to play this game and revisit AC, PC1 and 2 and GT Sport with the new firmware.

Did the exact same thing last night. I couldn't really tell a difference. Definitely didin't do anything for ACC. Discovering the steering lock for the individual cars was a life changer for this game. I can't wait for this game to get patched, it will be great.

I turned the FFB gain up to 100 on the control panel. Not sure thats a good thing. Anyone have suggestions on that?

Side note. I got to play Iracing seeing it was on the PC I borrowed. That is always an eye opening experience.

Did the exact same thing last night. I couldn't really tell a difference. Definitely didin't do anything for ACC.

I’m just hoping it fixed the strange ffb characteristics. It’s as if the forces are inverted and pulling the wheel in the direction I’m steering. Very strange. I’ll have to play with the steering lock settings as well. I was on v24 by the way.

I run my Gain at 100, anything lower and its wayyyy too weak.

Are you using a T300?

Apparently i only have the gain at 88. I thought it was at 100 but i must have been messing around with it.
I must have misunderstood. I thought you were saying you had the control panel settings on 100, not in game. Either way I’ll give your settings a try. Thanks again for sharing Slow.

@Donnced, thanks for sharing as well. Do you happen to know if these recommended settings are mainly geared towards PC? Do the Thrustmaster PC control panel settings have any effect on console?

Last edited:
I must have misunderstood. I thought you were saying you had the control panel settings on 100, not in game. Either way I’ll give your settings a try. Thanks again for sharing Slow.

@Donnced, thanks for sharing as well. Do you happen to know if these recommended settings are mainly geared towards PC? Do the Thrustmaster PC control panel settings have any effect on console?

Those settings are geared towards console versions.
And yes, the Thrustmaster control panel settings affects on console in games that don't use autodor system

For my control panel on the PC i know that strength is at 100 for sure. But in game apparently 88

Last edited:
Back