Thrustmaster T300RS settings - FFB feels strange

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 74 comments
United Kingdom
England
cssgareth1987
Hey all,

So, I received ACC yesterday and popped it in the Playstation to give it a whirl and found that the FFB settings on my wheel feel completely off. The weight and FFB just don't seem right and I wondered if anyone had settings that make it a little more believable?

For example, the car just feels way too light for my liking and turning appears to be effortless with very little sensation of weight shifting from either front to back or side to side. This is causing all manner of uncatchable slides and I'm getting fed up already.

Any help greatly appreciated, as ever!

Hey all,

So, I received ACC yesterday and popped it in the Playstation to give it a whirl and found that the FFB settings on my wheel feel completely off. The weight and FFB just don't seem right and I wondered if anyone had settings that make it a little more believable?

For example, the car just feels way too light for my liking and turning appears to be effortless with very little sensation of weight shifting from either front to back or side to side. This is causing all manner of uncatchable slides and I'm getting fed up already.

Any help greatly appreciated, as ever!

You would get better help if you specified what wheel you are using ;-) Also it appears the Thrustmaster T300 are doing the worst :-(

My T300RS works like a charm with stock settings. No problems at all.
I did update my wheels firmware before testing the game. Had the 30 firmware loaded on my laptop so went with it. Newest is 31.
Go to thrustmaster website and see instructions how to check and update firmware 👍

My T300 seemed to work fine last night, had to turn down the gain a bit, but after that it was normal.

Screenshot_20200624-034726.jpg

Put dynamic dampening to 0. It makes quick slides less noticable.
I would like to test both your recommended 0, and the recommended 100 that is shown in the post below ( which is supposedly a Kunos' recommendation?
any other settings you'd recommend? the ratio is 540 by default for me, but i usually play with 900...

Really struggling here too - almost no feeling for what the car is doing, more of a constant weird weight than FFB. Nothing close to AC. For those who have managed to get their T300 feeling ok, what are your settings guys?

I notice a significant input lag, although I've updated to the latest firmware on my T300 GTE. Anyone else have that?

I notice a significant input lag, although I've updated to the latest firmware on my T300 GTE. Anyone else have that?

I have a little bit with my T300 that ive started noticing today. But we're talking maybe 0.1s

I updated my firmware yesterday (didnt have any issues prior)

Hopefully thats something they can sort out with a patch

I had done this already the day before as it was completely broken when I first tried it - many thanks though mate

Just to be absolutely sure it would be well worthwhile to plug your wheel back into a PC and just make 110% sure the firmware is ver31.00. I have seen cases where FW was updated and it didn't install properly. It is very, very easy if you have a laptop as it is only a 30 second job - literally.

The next thing is this #@%ing game is random on how it will save settings. Go to settings, input devices, green triangle to delete all settings back to standard, make sure you select wheel as input device, make sure the rotation is set to 540/560dgrees and everything should work reasonably well.

Also, make sure you start the game with the wheel and not the controller.

What we all have to bear in mind here is that we are dealing with badly implemented and broken software >;(

I updated my firmware directly from the thrustmaster site and it only updated it to ver29.00

But it says the Package: 2.TTRS.2020 above ver29

But i haven't had any issues so meh

Been fiddling around more today but still unable to get anything close to AC... still very floaty and disconnected from what the car is doing. Gives me similar vibes to PC2 for me unfortunately - will continue to play around over the next few days, fingers crossed!

Does anyone know if the settings in the thrustmaster panel actually affect the in-game feel? I thought that the game over-rode all that stuff. Or is this a relic of it basically being a PC game and therefore you do indeed need to mess with all that stuff in addition to the in-game settings. I think the last time i checked my wheel was on 900°.
Can I just change the DOR on the wheel rather than mucking about with the thrustmaster control panel?

The windows config/setup is only for Windows.

I am confused why are people trying to setup a totally new game to match a old game?

Both are designed on a different base level software.

Stop trying to setup a game to match an out dated game.

New game new start, it's like trying to wear new clothes the same way you used to wear clothes 4yrs ago

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the settings in the thrustmaster panel actually affect the in-game feel? I thought that the game over-rode all that stuff. Or is this a relic of it basically being a PC game and therefore you do indeed need to mess with all that stuff in addition to the in-game settings. I think the last time i checked my wheel was on 900°.
Can I just change the DOR on the wheel rather than mucking about with the thrustmaster control panel?

It affects and is saved in your wheel Al what you put in the control panel only in games that don't use autodor system like assetto corsa competizione does

@Hygrade B

Yes the windows control panel works also for PS4 in games without autodor as assetto competizione,the 2 Pcars.

First assetto and GTS have autodor ,and there it's completely the game that automatically sets rotation and other settings.
You can fine-tune FFB in both games

It affects and is saved in your wheel Al what you put in the control panel only in games that don't use autodor system like assetto corsa competizione does

@Hygrade B

Yes the windows control panel works also for PS4 in games without autodor as assetto competizione,the 2 Pcars.

First assetto and GTS have autodor ,and there it's completely the game that automatically sets rotation and other settings.
You can fine-tune FFB in both games

Can you send me the TM documents that state that.
Thanks

Can you send me the TM documents that state that.
Thanks

Just try out and you will feel.

But like I've said, works only with games that don't use "autodor" system.

It's even quite easy to test..

Go to control panel,put 1080 degrees limit,save,connect to PS4 and push mode+left and 4 led blinks will be seen (you changed from 1080 to 900)

Go back to control panel,put 900 degrees limit,save,and go back to PS4, repeat mode+left and you will see 3 led blinks, (you went from 900 to 7xx degrees)

Restart console, go to an autodor game..(GTS,AC) and you will see the wheel is at 1080 degrees automatically.
If you exit the game and enters ACC ,you will see that the wheel is back on 900 degrees as you set in the TM control panel.

Just try out and you will feel.

But like I've said, works only with games that don't use "autodor" system.

It's even quite easy to test..

Go to control panel,put 1080 degrees limit,save,connect to PS4 and push mode+left and 4 led blinks will be seen (you changed from 1080 to 900)

Go back to control panel,put 900 degrees limit,save,and go back to PS4, repeat mode+left and you will see 3 led blinks, (you went from 900 to 7xx degrees)

Restart console, go to an autodor game..(GTS,AC) and you will see the wheel is at 1080 degrees automatically.
If you exit the game and enters ACC ,you will see that the wheel is back on 900 degrees as you set in the TM control panel.

I asked you for the link to the TM pdf that states the windows control panel FFB affects the PS4.
The information you typed should be common knowledge, to everyone.
I have all the pdf about my wheel that TM have on the website.
I guess you think I am asking for help, when I just making sure I didn't miss a pdf.

Just like I asked where did you get the information the very 1st time, when you posted the website link I noticed I had it & it looked different.

Last edited:
Back