Thrustmaster T500RS/T300 wheels thread

• Thread starter Diablo_rf
  • 593 comments
Marky264 "Can anyone tell me regarding - T500 RS: Firmware V46 & 1.03 Update on GTS is the Wheel still fully functional and no issues etc?"

Yes the t500 has no issues with the firmware update to V46. The wheel feels lighter at torque setting 5 and there is no fade of the wheel after extended use. Also understeer scrub is much lighter though I rarely felt the scrub before because my driving style did not induce understeer.
Feel for what the car is doing is also much improved with V46.

Last edited:
Using the T300RS and my wheel is doing the same as this guys...

Is this sawing? I am new to racing ,so it appears to me that what I have been reading about the vibration of the wheel would be normal when hitting the turns aggressively?

Using the T300RS and my wheel is doing the same as this guys...

Is this sawing? I am new to racing ,so it appears to me that what I have been reading about the vibration of the wheel would be normal when hitting the turns aggressively?

Most of the wheel movement there is kick back through the wheel over the kerbs/bumps... it's not 'vibration'. And it's not the effect people are discussing in here - he not pushing the front in to severe understeer.

He's not 'sawing' at the wheel either... his initial steering input is smooth and precise... one clean application of lock at turn in. After that, he's just correcting any minor movements the car is making.

Most of the wheel movement there is kick back through the wheel over the kerbs/bumps... it's not 'vibration'. And it's not the effect people are discussing in here - he not pushing the front in to severe understeer.

He's not 'sawing' at the wheel either... his initial steering input is smooth and precise... one clean application of lock at turn in. After that, he's just correcting any minor movements the car is making.

Okay, just trying to understand the questions about the FF of the T300RS wheel. This video kinda looks like what I experience when hitting turns hard, however the video is way more violent.

I've been thinking lately about getting a wheel setup for Christmas, and so far the one that caught my eyes the most is the T300RS GT. Is it worth the price? I also tried the T-GT with VR at a demo stand, but this option is out of my budget...

Also... I have close to zero experience driving with a wheel except from arcade machines and a small run on a friend's G27 on AC. Do you think i'll have difficulty to adapt from controller to wheel? I did had a wheel a very long time ago, but it was a plastic arcade crap so i don't count it as experience(I did actually managed to use it on GT... with a Peugeot 106 :lol:)

T300 RS GT user here. Did anyone notice a handling change with 1.05? I don't think I've noticed much after about 15 laps on Mt Panorama. The understeer rumble/vibration is still there.

T300 RS GT user here. Did anyone notice a handling change with 1.05? I don't think I've noticed much after about 15 laps on Mt Panorama. The understeer rumble/vibration is still there.
I don't think kaz or pd know about this or it would have been in the update notes the only thing to do is live with it

So sad to hear that...During a beta test everything was working great...I was pleasantly surprised how good FFB is on my T300 RS GT ,and now this problem that PD are not solving and second update is already here...really :confused: just make it how it was on beta...so many of us use this wheel...come on PD what are you doing...this is essential stuff we are talking about..do it already :banghead:

So....PD devs not on Gtplanet...?
If they was then they would have listened to us that steering wheels on driving games need more setting and make the steering wheel stay in the mode you put it so the angle of rotation doesn't change every qualifying and race

If they was then they would have listened to us that steering wheels on driving games need more setting and make the steering wheel stay in the mode you put it so the angle of rotation doesn't change every qualifying and race
I'm starting to feel like I'd prefer *less* FFB settings. I spent SO long screwing with them in PCars and AC. It tends to end up with devs leaving FFB unblanced and letting the community essentially fix it for them. Devs seem to make a bunch of physics changes which screws up the FFB on certain cars (huge clipping or way too weak), which just get left for people to fix themselves.

I'm starting to feel like I'd prefer *less* FFB settings. I spent SO long screwing with them in PCars and AC. It tends to end up with devs leaving FFB unblanced and letting the community essentially fix it for them. Devs seem to make a bunch of physics changes which screws up the FFB on certain cars (huge clipping or way too weak), which just get left for people to fix themselves.
There should be a advance mode that lets you adjust some wheel settings and lets you calibrate the wheel pedels and steering angle

Marky264 "Can anyone tell me regarding - T500 RS: Firmware V46 & 1.03 Update on GTS is the Wheel still fully functional and no issues etc?"

Yes the t500 has no issues with the firmware update to V46. The wheel feels lighter at torque setting 5 and there is no fade of the wheel after extended use. Also understeer scrub is much lighter though I rarely felt the scrub before because my driving style did not induce understeer.
Feel for what the car is doing is also much improved with V46.

v46 is by far the worst firmware I have tried on my T500 since I bought my T500 on its release-day.

Throttle control is beyond ********. The entire throttle goes from 0% to 100% within the last 30% of the pedal (if I press my throttle down 50% there is 0% throttle ingame, as soon as i have my foot reach about 70% of the available pedal-travel my ingame throttle gets engaged - how does PD expect T500 users to have good throttle control if they can't make the throttle-pedal work as it should... if I press my pedal down 50% I should have 50% throttle ingame!!!).

And on top of that, firmware v46 does not recognize the official thrustmaster Ferrari 458 GTE wheel add-on, not one button on the wheel works, not even the paddle shifters.

I downgraded to the previous firmware that can be found in the 2017_TTRS_5 update and while my throttle is still ****ed up as I described above, at least my Ferrari 458 GTE wheel is working as it should.

They should go back to the T500RS settings (ingame) that PD used in the closed beta in beta patch 1.04, those settings were spot on, perfect even!

v46 is by far the worst firmware I have tried on my T500 since I bought my T500 on its release-day.

Throttle control is beyond ********. The entire throttle goes from 0% to 100% within the last 30% of the pedal (if I press my throttle down 50% there is 0% throttle ingame, as soon as i have my foot reach about 70% of the available pedal-travel my ingame throttle gets engaged - how does PD expect T500 users to have good throttle control if they can't make the throttle-pedal work as it should... if I press my pedal down 50% I should have 50% throttle ingame!!!).

And on top of that, firmware v46 does not recognize the official thrustmaster Ferrari 458 GTE wheel add-on, not one button on the wheel works, not even the paddle shifters.

I downgraded to the previous firmware that can be found in the 2017_TTRS_5 update and while my throttle is still ****ed up as I described above, at least my Ferrari 458 GTE wheel is working as it should.

They should go back to the T500RS settings (ingame) that PD used in the closed beta in beta patch 1.04, those settings were spot on, perfect even!

I did have some trouble with the install of v46 as I had to go to the website and select driver install to get the version update. Then I uninstalled the previous version entirely and re installed drivers with version 46. However after that the wheel and pedals worked normally. I also used it in PCars and it also worked normally there.

Last edited:
I did have some trouble with the install of v46 as I had to go to the website and select driver install to get the version update. Then I uninstalled the previous version entirely and re installed drivers with version 46. However after that the wheel and pedals worked normally. I also used it in PCars and it also worked normally there.

Do you use a T500RS, if so, are you using the default wheel or the Ferrari 458 wheel?

The default GT wheel works fine with v46 - but I don't use that default wheel, I removed the fixed shifters on my base - I only use my Ferrari 458 wheel but v46 does not support/recognize it.

I've installed v46 just like I've installed all previous firmwares and this is the only firmware that does not recognize my 458 wheel. It's incredibly frustrating.

Haven’t updated my T300rs firmware for some time now but i decided after the second day of playing GTS to drop down the ffb from 9 to 4 and i am actually quite happy with that.

Tried 10 and it was on overkill.
What are your setting(s) guys?

I was using 3 torque and 8 sensitivity but after the patch today it seems to have lost some dynamic feel so I have changed it to 3 torque and 10 sensitivity. I tried going to 4 torque and 8 sensitivity but that seemed a bit wooden or dull to me. Just resistance but not very dynamic.

I like 3 Torque ( I like to keep it the same for all vehicle types so I can feel the difference) and will play around more with the sensitivity.

Haven’t updated my T300rs firmware for some time now but i decided after the second day of playing GTS to drop down the ffb from 9 to 4 and i am actually quite happy with that.

Tried 10 and it was on overkill.
What are your setting(s) guys?

I have the same wheel and use torque at 4 and sensitivity 1.

Originally lowered sensitivity to reduce the vibration around centre. Since the 1.05 update, there's still some vibration but if feels more like the judder you get with too much steering lock. It doesn't feel like it's going to break the wheel so I'll probably try some higher settings later. Regardless, FFB feels quite nice at 4/1.

Do you use a T500RS, if so, are you using the default wheel or the Ferrari 458 wheel?

The default GT wheel works fine with v46 - but I don't use that default wheel, I removed the fixed shifters on my base - I only use my Ferrari 458 wheel but v46 does not support/recognize it.

I've installed v46 just like I've installed all previous firmwares and this is the only firmware that does not recognize my 458 wheel. It's incredibly frustrating.

I do use the standard GT wheel but I tried my Ferrari F1 wheel and everything, literally every single odd button on it worked. The game only recognized it as a t500rs but the pedals worked fine as well. I know you have no reason to think it is your wheel but maybe a little squirt from the gas canister would help. For me the firmware update tool from thrustmaster did not work nor did the update from the thrustmaster control panel. There may be a conflict with the older firmware so a fresh install as I described earlier might help.

Last edited:
I do use the standard GT wheel but I tried my Ferrari F1 wheel and everything, literally every single odd button on it worked. The game only recognized it as a t500rs but the pedals worked fine as well. I know you have no reason to think it is your wheel but maybe a little squirt from the gas canister would help. For me the firmware update tool from thrustmaster did not work nor did the update from the thrustmaster control panel. There may be a conflict with the older firmware so a fresh install as I described earlier might help.

You're not reading my post.

I am not talking about the Ferrari F1 wheel. I am talking about the Ferrari 458 GTE wheel add-on as I mentioned in my previous post; that's why I asked if you tried the 458 GTE wheel.

The problem I'm experiencing is not hardware related as my 458 GTE wheel works fine with every previous firmware version.
But... I want the new firmware on my T500 for GTS.

I have installed v46 at least 5 times before I made my first post in this thread -after a successful installation and firmware update the 458 wheel loses all functionality -even on PC(!)- (I work in IT so don't worry about my software not being installed properly - I never use the firmware updater via thrustmaster's program, I always download the full update 2017_TTRS_7 in this case & do a full wipe of the previous version followed by installing the new drivers - it has always worked - I highly suspect the 458 GTE wheel add-on just isn't supported by this new update).

So I'll ask again, did you try the thrustmaster Ferrari 458 GTE wheel on your T500RS? (GTE, not F1).

Edit: I'm not the only person with this issue, I have seen other 458 GTE wheel-users with the exact same problem post about this on Thrustmaster's FB Page but they are being ignored by Thrustmaster.

Last edited:
After update 1.05 T300rs feels really good.

Kerbs/rumble strips are almost perfect now.

Overall FFB feels so much better.

The buzz/rumble is stiil there during understeer, which is a weird/odd feeling.

Wheelbase updated to FW-V27
FFB settings 1/1

Thank you for the updates.

You're not reading my post.

I am not talking about the Ferrari F1 wheel. I am talking about the Ferrari 458 GTE wheel add-on as I mentioned in my previous post; that's why I asked if you tried the 458 GTE wheel.

The problem I'm experiencing is not hardware related as my 458 GTE wheel works fine with every previous firmware version.
But... I want the new firmware on my T500 for GTS.

I have installed v46 at least 5 times before I made my first post in this thread -after a successful installation and firmware update the 458 wheel loses all functionality -even on PC(!)- (I work in IT so don't worry about my software not being installed properly - I never use the firmware updater via thrustmaster's program, I always download the full update 2017_TTRS_7 in this case & do a full wipe of the previous version followed by installing the new drivers - it has always worked - I highly suspect the 458 GTE wheel add-on just isn't supported by this new update).

So I'll ask again, did you try the thrustmaster Ferrari 458 GTE wheel on your T500RS? (GTE, not F1).

Edit: I'm not the only person with this issue, I have seen other 458 GTE wheel-users with the exact same problem post about this on Thrustmaster's FB Page but they are being ignored by Thrustmaster.

I don't have that 458 wheel so I can't say anything from first hand knowledge. But it looks like you are correct. It is odd because the inputs from the wheel to the base should be standardized. It seems that your only solution is to reinstall the paddles from the original wheel and use the GT wheel while filing an official service request to thrustmaster.

Question for T300RS wheel users. I just got mine this week and have noticed that every time the PS4 fires up it calibrates fine, however the blue seal always ends up slightly off center. In between 12-1 on the clock. I don't notice anything wrong while driving, is this a sign of a possible future issue?

This is the first wheel I have ever had.

I know this is not the exact same scenario but may be useful background info.

I have a launch batch T500RS purchased in early January 2011 - I don't believe I have ever updated the firmware and have an 599XX EVO30 wheel and it works. I switched back to the original wheel as I like the bigger diameter wheel.

I then fitted the 599XX wheel to the XBone TX Racing wheel, I think the original wheel ont he TX wheel is the 458 GTE wheel. I tested it on the T500RS and it did work, I just never ended up using it.

Last edited:
Question for T300RS wheel users. I just got mine this week and have noticed that every time the PS4 fires up it calibrates fine, however the blue seal always ends up slightly off center. In between 12-1 on the clock. I don't notice anything wrong while driving, is this a sign of a possible future issue?

This is the first wheel I have ever had.
That is normal. Mine usually centers but not always. Nothing is wrong with your wheel.

Lol... the blue ring on the wheel centering correctly has been bugging me for a couple months :-) it really looks off when I'm in my racing chair. But when I go around front and look at it from the other way it looks dead-on, drives me crazy to this day

I don't have that 458 wheel so I can't say anything from first hand knowledge. But it looks like you are correct. It is odd because the inputs from the wheel to the base should be standardized. It seems that your only solution is to reinstall the paddles from the original wheel and use the GT wheel while filing an official service request to thrustmaster.

Thank you for replying :)
Yeah if only I could find the shifter paddels which i removed (I've stored them someplace but can't remember where, it's been a long time since I removed those hehe).

I know this is not the exact same scenario but may be useful background info.

I have a launch batch T500RS purchased in early January 2011 - I don't believe I have ever updated the firmware and have an 599XX EVO30 wheel and it works. I switched back to the original wheel as I like the bigger diameter wheel.

I then fitted the 599XX wheel to the XBone TX Racing wheel, I think the original wheel ont he TX wheel is the 458 GTE wheel. I tested it on the T500RS and it did work, I just never ended up using it.

Same here, I also have a "launch batch T500RS", thanks for the additional info.

I have the same wheel and use torque at 4 and sensitivity 1.

Originally lowered sensitivity to reduce the vibration around centre. Since the 1.05 update, there's still some vibration but if feels more like the judder you get with too much steering lock. It doesn't feel like it's going to break the wheel so I'll probably try some higher settings later. Regardless, FFB feels quite nice at 4/1.

Thanks! Setting works for me too :) Seems like a lower sensitivity is the way for me to go after 1.05...

Back