Thrustmaster T500RS/T300 wheels thread

• Thread starter Diablo_rf
  • 593 comments
So I have the T-GT wheel and I love the force feedback configuration of Torque at 4 and sensitivity at 9. The wheel feels pretty good other than the diameter. However, I would like to chime in on the understeer problem as I feel it’s also an issue with the T-GT as well.

I have noticed a huge difference in “turn in” between my setup and what my son has on his Logitech.

Driving the same car with the same BOP rules there are specific turns I cannot “cut in”where his wheel has more stability, control, and the car responds better to the input given by the driver.

It has to be a bug. Controller pleebs can cut in better as well. Patch notes even say they specifically increased handling for the six axis.

This really blows my mind. The officially licensed wheel is less accurate than a d-pad... get it together devs, this is far from acceptable.

Gas Pedal Mechanical Problem - T300rs - Tonight while racing I heard a plastic breaking sound and my gas pedal lost half the resistance while pressing. Still works. Pedal comes back after releasing. Anybody else have this issue yet? 1:36am now so not messing with it. I will take it apart tomorrow. Seems like maybe there were two springs in there and one broke. Will report back on my findings and a repair if I come up with one.

Update 11/5: I had another pedal set that has a bad cord so decided to open it up to see what it looks like inside. There are 2 springs on the gas pedal that wrap around the shaft for the pedal. One must have broke in the pedal set I use. I did not see a way to take it apart so leaving it alone for now. Sent an e-mail to Thrustmaster to see what they say. Will have to use it the way it is for now until I hear something back.

Last edited:
So I have the T-GT wheel and I love the force feedback configuration of Torque at 4 and sensitivity at 9. The wheel feels pretty good other than the diameter. However, I would like to chime in on the understeer problem as I feel it’s also an issue with the T-GT as well.

I have noticed a huge difference in “turn in” between my setup and what my son has on his Logitech.

Driving the same car with the same BOP rules there are specific turns I cannot “cut in”where his wheel has more stability, control, and the car responds better to the input given by the driver.

It has to be a bug. Controller pleebs can cut in better as well. Patch notes even say they specifically increased handling for the six axis.

This really blows my mind. The officially licensed wheel is less accurate than a d-pad... get it together devs, this is far from acceptable.

The good news is they will get it fixed. The bad news is that early adaptors of new lines of wheels are taking a risk. Every wheel that I can think of has had development problems in its first year. Thrustmaster, Logitech, and Fanatec wheels have all suffered the same fate. It always ends up being fixed and the wheels become strong and reliable. But unless you are wealthy, you should shy away from new wheel lines. This doesn't help you Daniel but I hope some others will save themselves some grief and wait at least a year before buying "the latest thing."

A quick stupid question: I'm thinking of getting T300RS GT edition (with T3PA pedals) and I noticed that the T3PA is a 3-pedal set (clutch included) rather than the 2-pedal regular set that comes with T300RS. So my question is - if I'm using MT and changing the gears with the paddles, do I have to press the clutch or it can be used only for playing with a shifter?

A quick stupid question: I'm thinking of getting T300RS GT edition (with T3PA pedals) and I noticed that the T3PA is a 3-pedal set (clutch included) rather than the 2-pedal regular set that comes with T300RS. So my question is - if I'm using MT and changing the gears with the paddles, do I have to press the clutch or it can be used only for playing with a shifter?

You don't need to use the clutch when changing with the paddles.

Yesterday when I started GT the forcefeedback was pretty much totally gone.... set everything to max ingame but it’s still very light and hardly any road/curb feedback... Friday evening everything was still good, didn’t play Saturday and Sunday everything was all weird....

Hi everyone,
I have bought T500RS 2 days ago and have little troubles with GT Sport. Even when force feedback set to lowest option the wheel still feels a little too heavy to steer. I know there was a fix couple of days ago but compared to my old G29(if I set this one to lowest option, its so easy to steer) its still too heavy. Anyone having same problem? Is there any fix to it? In other games it works fine but in GT Sport not quite.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,
I have bought T500RS 2 days ago and have little troubles with GT Sport. Even when force feedback set to lowest option the wheel still feels a little too heavy to steer. I know there was a fix couple of days ago but compared to my old G29(if I set this one to lowest option, its so easy to steer) its still too heavy. Anyone having same problem? Is there any fix to it? In other games it works fine but in GT Sport not quite.

Thanks.

Even a new wheel may need an update of the drivers. Check that you have version 46.

Do I need to update it even Im using it on PS4? So I need to connect it to PC a update there and then plug back to PS4? Would that work?
Thanks for help.

Do I need to update it even Im using it on PS4? So I need to connect it to PC a update there and then plug back to PS4? Would that work?
Thanks for help.

Its better to always update -no matter the platform you are-when you use TM wheels (in those that update is possible).
G29 for example does only affect Pc platform.
With T300/T500 ext does affect all platforms (and possibly fix some problems).

Didnt know! Thanks a lot for help, will try that. I suppose the shop had the wheel some time on stock so it really might not be updated.

I was using 3 torque and 8 sensitivity but after the patch today it seems to have lost some dynamic feel so I have changed it to 3 torque and 10 sensitivity. I tried going to 4 torque and 8 sensitivity but that seemed a bit wooden or dull to me. Just resistance but not very dynamic.

I like 3 Torque ( I like to keep it the same for all vehicle types so I can feel the difference) and will play around more with the sensitivity.
I also upped the sensitivity to 10 after the patch. It seems like a damping setting to me, with 1 being the strongest damping.

i am using the T500 and since the update just recently, my brake pedal isnt registering full travel. its only registering 25% when i push the pedal all the way down. is there a way to calibrate this like i do with Iracing?

i am using the T500 and since the update just recently, my brake pedal isnt registering full travel. its only registering 25% when i push the pedal all the way down. is there a way to calibrate this like i do with Iracing?
Nope, there are no calibration tools in the menus in GTSport. Have you tried continuously pushing the pedal while on track?

I have tried everything.. using downshifting to help with slowing down.. but it is not enough in tight hairpin sections. im wondering if there is an issue with the pedals, or pots.. any tips on how to go about troubleshooting that?

Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Congratulations for buying the T500RS! Regarding the wheel's heavy feeling, I moved from the G25 to the T500RS sometime ago and noticed the same thing. The G25/29 are easier to rotate and have an advantage when you need to correct steering quickly, over the T500RS. After a while you'll get used to it.

Congratulations for buying the T500RS! Regarding the wheel's heavy feeling, I moved from the G25 to the T500RS sometime ago and noticed the same thing. The G25/29 are easier to rotate and have an advantage when you need to correct steering quickly, over the T500RS. After a while you'll get used to it.
Thank you. Yes indeed, that is one explanation but in other racing games Im able to adjust it way more so it doesnt feel that heavy. In GT Sport its actually on the lowest setting and still feel really heavy - like too much heavy, after few laps hands start to hurt. I will try to update the wheel later today and report if it fixed it or not.

Does anyone have a fix for the T300RS "pressing" the start button randomly while playing GTS? In the middle of a race, the start menu occasionally pops up when I did not actually press the start button.

Does anyone have a fix for the T300RS "pressing" the start button randomly while playing GTS? In the middle of a race, the start menu occasionally pops up when I did not actually press the start button.
Mine does the same thing. Annoying as heck. Hope PD fixes soon

Have you unscrewed the wheel from the base and put it back on to see if it fixes it

Mine does the same thing. Annoying as heck. Hope PD fixes soon

Add me to this list...so far, it hasn't happened online. I have a TM VG T300RS servo base purchased Jan 2016 along with the GTE F458 wheel. It happens at least once each and every day.

For those having the random button presses on the T300.. this is normally caused by a poor connection between the rim and the base. If you remove the rim, there are screws on the connector (I forget if it is on the rim side, the base side or both) that you can tighten down a little. Do not over tighten them. Also it could be caused by a little bit of flex on other places on your rim. So snug down all the screws on your rim as well.

When you put the rim back on, make sure to get the big plastic sleeve nut that holds the rim to the base nice and snug. Hold the rim with one hand and hold the plastic sleeve nut with the other to tighten it.

** Use the correct tools and do not over tighten things ** If you do not understand this then do some more research first.

Another thing that is possible.. some people have found the connector to actually be bad and have taken it apart and replaced it.. this is only recommended if you are past your warranty *and you are very comfortable with working on electronics (soldering, wiring, etc).

Last edited:
For those having the random button presses on the T300.. this is normally caused by a poor connection between the rim and the base. If you remove the rim, there are screws on the connector (I forget if it is on the rim side, the base side or both) that you can tighten down a little. Do not over tighten them. Also it could be caused by a little bit of flex on other places on your rim. So snug down all the screws on your rim as well.

When you put the rim back on, make sure to get the big plastic sleeve nut that holds the rim to the base nice and snug. Hold the rim with one hand and hold the plastic sleeve nut with the other to tighten it.

** Use the correct tools and do not over tighten things ** If you do not understand this then do some more research first.

Another thing that is possible.. some people have found the connector to actually be bad and have taken it apart and replaced it.. this is only recommended if you are past your warranty *and you are very comfortable with working on electronics (soldering, wiring, etc).
Only happens with GT Sport though. Not sure how it could be the wheel but it might.

Unfortunately there is no way to update the drivers without a pc.
So i’m pretty much screwed if my issues are firmware related and not game related? Before 1.05 it felt great... a lap around the Nordschleife was a real exercise, now I can do it almost one handed without breaking a sweat..... 🤬

So my second 300 Servo base has gone down (was not even on for an hour before lost all FFB)....any recommendations on a different piece of hardware? Does the 500 have the same overheating issues as the 300? I don’t really want to sacrifice performance, but need better reliability. Thanks!

Back