Thrustmaster to Release Console-Compatible TSS Handbrake This Year

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 21, 2018.

1. OptiMystik

OptiMystik

Glad to see how Thrustmaster grows in its colaboration with Sparco. TM sim hub stir up my interest. Does TSS Handbrake has an axis or it's just a button ? Looks more solid than Fanatec's handbrake. Would be interesting to see Thrustmaster's DD solution someday.

2. Dopplegagger

Dopplegagger

From Thrusty's product info about the TSS...

So it's an Axis, but could function as either, depending on what you use it for.

And for what Thrusty's is charging, it better be more solid than Fanatec's Handbrake. Although some of the handle angles on the TSS puzzle me.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  3. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

Looking at these new products and the latest TM rudder pedals I notice a lot more metal and higher end build quality. You cant argue with how nice these products look. Even the TM sim hub is partly made of metal. Can we maybe finally see some higher end pedals and perhaps a DD drivein 2019?

4. Dopplegagger

Dopplegagger

I sure hope so. When I was considering dropping my Fanatec for a TX base, the pedals being a down grade was the deal breaker. Just to be clear, I have the basic CSR pedals. I see the T3PA wide, as a step down due to the lack of adjustability. I spent a lot of time getting the CSR pedals set up, and they work pretty damn good. If I were able to mod a load cell into the set, I wouldn't need to replace them... At least not in my opinion.

Edit: I also see the lack of adjustments in Fanatec's CSL Elite pedals as a deal breaker too. Yes, left to right is nice, but I'd lose throw adjustment and spring tension adjustment. The only pedals Fanatec makes that I would get are the CSPs.

5. BuckFly

BuckFly

WELCOME!

6. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

Personally I prefer the CSL ELite before the CSP. The clutch and gas are already good in my opinion on the CSL E and adjustinging the brake is far more of an hassle on the CSW compared to the toolles design of the CSL E. With the CSL I can adjust the brake for F1 and roadcars within a few minutes without any tools. That is a large plus for me!

7. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

Anyone actually see the Thrustmaster console handbrake on sale anywhere yet? I wonder if it's been delayed, or if retailers are confused about the difference between the PC and console versions.

8. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

Did you try the thrustmaster official shop?

Gr8_Lakes and super_gt like this.
  9. Racetee

Racetee

Am I wrong, or TSS+ is the same as TSS, just with added DIN/PS2 cable (practically the same stunt they did with TH8RS and TH8A)?

10. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

As confirmed by TM to me, it is. They told me if you own the previous TSS model, the Din cable will be sold seperately in the near future.

Gr8_Lakes likes this.
  11. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Tss is too expensive to be honest in australia. So I might just buy another TH8A shifter turn that into a handbrake.

deadhorse likes this.
  12. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

All sim racing gear is too expensive in Australia.

deadhorse and SestoScudo like this.
  13. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Tell me about it LOL really does suck :(

Its an awesome hobby to pursue but also comes with a price

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    deadhorse and FPV MIC like this.
  14. deadhorse

deadhorse

I just dumped $1000 on a shifter and handbrake saying that though absolutely blown away.
    I got 4 aussie companies i now go to or will purchase stuff. Its pricey but the support is good.
    Also just found another aussie that does v8 shifters and arb shifers for a good price

15. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Is it compatible with the PS4?

16. deadhorse

deadhorse

My one i don't think so, maybe the bloke who makes the v8 should be as he is only using a joystick controller board so ... im not 100% sure though mate

17. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

Here in the USA, we only get a product listing website. Then there's a list of retailers where to buy. We can't buy directly from the US Thrustmaster website. Haven't considered the UK site because shipping would be outrageous compared to a little patience. I personally usually end up purchasing all my TM gear on Amazon. And with cyber-Monday coming, I was looking forward to this year's indulgence.

PocketZeven likes this.