Thrustmaster to Release Console-Compatible TSS Handbrake This Year

Glad to see how Thrustmaster grows in its colaboration with Sparco. TM sim hub stir up my interest. Does TSS Handbrake has an axis or it's just a button ? Looks more solid than Fanatec's handbrake. Would be interesting to see Thrustmaster's DD solution someday.

Glad to see how Thrustmaster grows in its colaboration with Sparco. TM sim hub stir up my interest. Does TSS Handbrake has an axis or it's just a button ? Looks more solid than Fanatec's handbrake. Would be interesting to see Thrustmaster's DD solution someday.

From Thrusty's product info about the TSS...

Hands on Sparco and rally world thanks to Thrustmaster TSS HANDBRAKE Sparco Mod + ! Progressive handbrake and sequential shifter by Sparco: become the new racing master on console ! Now compatible on Xbox One, PS4 & PC (Windows 10, 8, 7) !

So it's an Axis, but could function as either, depending on what you use it for.

And for what Thrusty's is charging, it better be more solid than Fanatec's Handbrake. Although some of the handle angles on the TSS puzzle me.

Last edited:
From Thrusty's product info about the TSS...

So it's an Axis, but could function as either, depending on what you use it for.

And for what Thrusty's is charging, it better be more solid than Fanatec's Handbrake. Although some of the handle angles on the TSS puzzle me.
Looking at these new products and the latest TM rudder pedals I notice a lot more metal and higher end build quality. You cant argue with how nice these products look. Even the TM sim hub is partly made of metal. Can we maybe finally see some higher end pedals and perhaps a DD drivein 2019?

Looking at these new products and the latest TM rudder pedals I notice a lot more metal and higher end build quality. You cant argue with how nice these products look. Even the TM sim hub is partly made of metal. Can we maybe finally see some higher end pedals and perhaps a DD drivein 2019?

I sure hope so. When I was considering dropping my Fanatec for a TX base, the pedals being a down grade was the deal breaker. Just to be clear, I have the basic CSR pedals. I see the T3PA wide, as a step down due to the lack of adjustability. I spent a lot of time getting the CSR pedals set up, and they work pretty damn good. If I were able to mod a load cell into the set, I wouldn't need to replace them... At least not in my opinion.

Edit: I also see the lack of adjustments in Fanatec's CSL Elite pedals as a deal breaker too. Yes, left to right is nice, but I'd lose throw adjustment and spring tension adjustment. The only pedals Fanatec makes that I would get are the CSPs.

I'm sure we'll be able to get most of this for at least 30% off retail sooner rather than later... patience will most definitely be worth it if you've been competitive up until now.

Cheers :cheers:and heelllo :gtpflag:!

WELCOME!

I sure hope so. When I was considering dropping my Fanatec for a TX base, the pedals being a down grade was the deal breaker. Just to be clear, I have the basic CSR pedals. I see the T3PA wide, as a step down due to the lack of adjustability. I spent a lot of time getting the CSR pedals set up, and they work pretty damn good. If I were able to mod a load cell into the set, I wouldn't need to replace them... At least not in my opinion.

Edit: I also see the lack of adjustments in Fanatec's CSL Elite pedals as a deal breaker too. Yes, left to right is nice, but I'd lose throw adjustment and spring tension adjustment. The only pedals Fanatec makes that I would get are the CSPs.
Personally I prefer the CSL ELite before the CSP. The clutch and gas are already good in my opinion on the CSL E and adjustinging the brake is far more of an hassle on the CSW compared to the toolles design of the CSL E. With the CSL I can adjust the brake for F1 and roadcars within a few minutes without any tools. That is a large plus for me!

Anyone actually see the Thrustmaster console handbrake on sale anywhere yet? I wonder if it's been delayed, or if retailers are confused about the difference between the PC and console versions.

Am I wrong, or TSS+ is the same as TSS, just with added DIN/PS2 cable (practically the same stunt they did with TH8RS and TH8A)?

Am I wrong, or TSS+ is the same as TSS, just with added DIN/PS2 cable (practically the same stunt they did with TH8RS and TH8A)?
As confirmed by TM to me, it is. They told me if you own the previous TSS model, the Din cable will be sold seperately in the near future.

Tell me about it LOL really does suck :(

Its an awesome hobby to pursue but also comes with a price
I just dumped $1000 on a shifter and handbrake saying that though absolutely blown away.
I got 4 aussie companies i now go to or will purchase stuff. Its pricey but the support is good.
Also just found another aussie that does v8 shifters and arb shifers for a good price

I just dumped $1000 on a shifter and handbrake saying that though absolutely blown away.
I got 4 aussie companies i now go to or will purchase stuff. Its pricey but the support is good.
Also just found another aussie that does v8 shifters and arb shifers for a good price

Is it compatible with the PS4?

Did you try the thrustmaster official shop?
Here in the USA, we only get a product listing website. Then there's a list of retailers where to buy. We can't buy directly from the US Thrustmaster website. Haven't considered the UK site because shipping would be outrageous compared to a little patience. I personally usually end up purchasing all my TM gear on Amazon. And with cyber-Monday coming, I was looking forward to this year's indulgence.

Back