Thrustmaster to Release Console-Compatible TSS Handbrake This Year

It should have been Console compatible from the beginning.

Blame MS and Sony for it. All they ever do is make you jump through hoops there is a reason why PC is the best if you want to pursue a hardcore sim racing hobby. Xbox and Playstation have always been restrictive unfortunately.

Last edited:
Blame MS and Sony for it. All they ever do is make you jump through hoops there is a reason why PC is the best of you want to pursue a hardcore sim racing hobby. Xbox and Playstation have always been restrictive unfortunately.
They share the blame, and that's one of the reasons I primarily play on PC now. :D

Game changer for me this is - three of us are on warranty replacement G29s and lament being on console and having no handbrake.
This coupled with the shift lights (albeit expensive) and leather wheel options means that when the inevitable failure happens again I'll ditch what's left of my setup and move to Thrustmaster.

I only hope that Logitech give enough of a damn for their market to release something that'll compete on the G29 - but as it's a well established (read old) product I can't see them doing anything clever before a new model.

Yeah, that's a tough price point. I imagined it would be more along the $150-$180 range. The PC one is $245. That's a big expense for an add on. Under $200 - I'd be all over it. For $250, it's going to have to be compatible with EVERY game I own. Still, it's awesome news. I've been waiting for Thrustmaster to make one of these for console.

Real problem on console is quantity of usb port, if you have Wheel, shifter,handbrake, contrôler or buttonbox,headphone .
Hub doesn't work well with GT or assetto
I have 3 port on PS4 pro, that's not enough

Also no problems here on normal 4port usb hub(8€). Wheel, keyboard, shifter & mouse(you can use in gt-s ^^). No problems in AC, PC2 and GT-s.

Attachments

• 81j1TYALbYL._SL1500_.jpg
    81j1TYALbYL._SL1500_.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 66
Do you need a rather new Thrustmaster base for that? Or does it connect to one a bit older? I bought my base just before they started with this whole eco system, my base is from the Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Edition but I replaced the wheel with a Leather GT Wheel and the pedals with T3PA pedals. I also added a TH8A shifter.

So bottom line, can I add the handbrake to this setup? (without it replacing the shifter of course)

Do you need a rather new Thrustmaster base for that? Or does it connect to one a bit older? I bought my base just before they started with this whole eco system, my base is from the Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Edition but I replaced the wheel with a Leather GT Wheel and the pedals with T3PA pedals. I also added a TH8A shifter.

So bottom line, can I add the handbrake to this setup? (without it replacing the shifter of course)
I could be wrong but I have a feeling it will be a separate USB.

Hello, ı have a xbox one and ı play wrc 7, dirt 4 and pc2. I don't want to wait for this handbrake console version. Can ı use pc version tss handbrake with my games and console. and how? Sorry for my poor English.

Hello, ı have a xbox one and ı play wrc 7, dirt 4 and pc2. I don't want to wait for this handbrake console version. Can ı use pc version tss handbrake with my games and console. and how? Sorry for my poor English.
Probably not.

Wondering if the stand needs to be mounted to a table, or could it be mounted elsewhere like an RSeat shifter mount using screws.

How much of force in kg you need to make the tss lever move?
Im misusing the clubsport shifter as handbrake(sequential mode) and it needs around 2,3kg of pressure to move.
Is the tss stiffer/stronger? Easy testing with a luggage scale.
If stronger i would like to buy one for using on ps4 because sadly the fanatec shifter only works on pc :(

Apparently it works with the DriveHub. I believe that almost anything is compatible with GIMX.

This is welcome and looks great but is way overpriced for me. Think I'll just stick to using the th8 shifter in sequential mode for handbrake.

I'm sure we'll be able to get most of this for at least 30% off retail sooner rather than later... patience will most definitely be worth it if you've been competitive up until now.

Cheers :cheers:and heelllo :gtpflag:!

Back