Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer Wheel Thread

Australia
Australia
Soulfresh-ACV
Thrustmaster TS-XW Racing Wheel
Available now on Amazon

Compatibility: Xbox One/PC | Release Year: 2017 | Price: High (Check) | Wheel Rotation: 1080° | Shifters: Paddle | Pedals: Gas + Brake + Clutch

Accessories
Please follow/watch thread and share any information you come across in regards to this upcoming product. This thread will remain permanently as a general thread for the product so that prospective/existing owners can share tips/mods/issues etc.

If you are looking for other wheels, please go to The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for Game Consoles.

Last edited:

I like the look of the base and the wheel rims... I just cannot get behind the pedals though. I know the TM Pro pedals are pretty good, but they are just so unappealing. If I were to go with a TS-XM, I'd have to go 3rd party for the pedals. Perhaps Ricmotech. They seem to be partial to Thrusty's line of products.

Then there's TM's shifter... :\

Rennes, August 21, 2017 — Those most dedicated and enthusiastic fans of authentic racing game experiences on Xbox One® and PC will be thrilled to learn that THRUSTMASTER® is about to launch a high-end racing wheel designed just for them and to increase their standing on the competitive e-racing scene. The TS-XW Racer combines the best elements of THRUSTMASTER’s advanced racing wheel technologies, while creating a feel that’s closer to real-world racing than ever before, thanks to the involvement of SPARCO®, the world-famous auto parts and accessories company!

Just one look and you’ll be ready to burn rubber

At 12.2 inches / 31 cm in diameter, the wheel of the TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod is a 1:1 scale replica of the real SPARCO P310 sports steering wheel. Its ergonomic shape has been specially designed for total efficiency, no matter what racing style (GT, F1, NASCAR, Indy, road racing, etc.), circuit or car it’s being used for. Offering a design honed for competition ensures that the wheel meets all the needs of competitive racing right out of the box.

ts-xw_main.jpg

The central faceplate is crafted of metal, and the wheel itself is wrapped in genuine suede leather: it also features 2 large (5 inches / 13 cm tall) all-metal, adjustable wheel-mounted paddle shifters. Ecosystem-ready, the wheel can easily be detached from the THRUSTMASTER TS-XW servo base thanks to the handy THRUSTMASTER Quick Release system. The wheel includes all the controls racing drivers could ever need, featuring 14 action buttons as well as 1 directional pad with a push button function. What’s more, the angle of rotation can be adjusted from 270° all the way to 1080°!

Serious power and technology under the hood

The TS-XW Racer benefits from THRUSTMASTER’s advanced technologies developed specifically to create the most lifelike sensations possible. The wheel features a brand-new, built-in, 40-watt brushless servomotor, providing incredible velocity (dynamic torque) that when combined with controlled power, is able to support intensive use during long hours of e-racing competition without any decrease in performance.

The new Motor Cooling Embedded system (patent pending) ensures that the motor always remains highly dynamic and responsive – thanks to a drastic reduction in terms of heating effects – while staying very quiet, so as not to disturb the driver’s immersion in races.

TS-XWRacerSparcoP310-PR1.jpg

The TS-XW Racer also includes all official Xbox One® buttons, to allow easy switching between the game, system menus, social features etc.

THRUSTMASTER’s innovative new Field Oriented Control algorithm dynamically optimizes the wheel’s response to intense torque demands, while the proprietary H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate Technology™) system provides razor-sharp 16-bit resolution (for a whopping 65,536 values)!

Turbo Power – the external power supply specially developed by THRUSTMASTER – delivers constant power and massive peak power, instantly responding to ultra-fast requests from games. Its toroidal shape allows for optimized power efficiency of 86% (with just 14% heat generation), with a mind-blowing 400 watts of peak power!

THRUSTMASTER’s use of a dual belt-pulley system with a metal ball-bearing axle gives the TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod excellent smoothness and fluidity, all while remaining incredibly quiet.

TS-XWRacerSparcoP310-PR6.jpg

The TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod even features internal memory to save the user’s settings, as well as upgradeable firmware so that the wheel can always take advantage of the very latest updates.

The wheel’s clamping system has been designed to be both sturdy and versatile, for quick and easy attachment to any type of desk, table etc.

Total control from your hands, down to the tips of your toes

Thanks to the extensive use of metal parts (employed for the pedal heads, as well as the entire internal structure), the wheel’s pedal set ensures a rock-solid level of performance. The 3 pedals can also be fully adjusted, in terms of their height, spacing and inclination.

In addition, the pedal set includes THRUSTMASTER’s unique and removable Conical Rubber Brake Mod: when installed, this mod provides ultra-progressive resistance at the end of the brake pedal’s travel.

TS-XWRacerSparcoP310-PR4.jpg

Compatibility and even more compatibility…

As mentioned earlier, the TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod is compatible with the entire THRUSTMASTER racing product ecosystem (pedal sets, detachable wheels, gear shifter), giving drivers the much-appreciated flexibility to equip themselves with all of the gear they need to win races.

The TS-XW Racer is an official product for both Xbox One® and Windows® 10. It is also compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista on PC: the wheel’s drivers are available for download free of charge (excluding any Internet connection costs) at https://support.thrustmaster.com.

• The TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod racing wheel will be available from September 22, 2017, at a suggested retail price of £649.99/699,99€ (taxes included).

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/p...od-first-racing-wheel-created-collaboration-b

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/ts-xw-racer-sparco-p310-competition-mod

Last edited:
I like the look of the base and the wheel rims... I just cannot get behind the pedals though. I know the TM Pro pedals are pretty good, but they are just so unappealing. If I were to go with a TS-XM, I'd have to go 3rd party for the pedals. Perhaps Ricmotech. They seem to be partial to Thrusty's line of products.

Then there's TM's shifter... :\

So much this, with respect to the pedals.

I don't really get it. This looks dynamite and it will be Thrustmaster's flagship wheel for consoles (which will include an obvious similar version for the PS4 when it invariably comes out), so why in the world would they down-grade or limit your options with the peddle set?

Sell the wheel base and wheel alone from get-go or have an option that includes your pro peddles, even if it is pricey. If you're spending that much for a wheel do you really want to spend extra for peddles you are just plain not thrilled over?

Last edited:
EDIT: I'm changing my post. TS-XW comes with standard T3PA pedals, just like the T300 Alcantara or TX Leather sets.

The wording on the TS-XW is different from the T-GT....

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/ts-xw-racer-sparco-p310-competition-mod
"Includes: T3PA 3-pedal pedal set
100% metal pedals and internal structure.
Conical Rubber Brake Mod included
(with ultra-progressive resistance at the end of the pedal’s travel).
3 fully adjustable pedals (spacing, inclination and height)."

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t-gt
"T3PGT: 3 metal pedals included
Metal pedals, metal pedal arms and inner structure
Adjustable accelerator and clutch pedals (in height and spacing)."

My mistake. Sorry.

Value of this package with "just" the standard T3PA is lower than expected as a result. I guess the Sparco rim is effectively €40 more expensive than the TS-PC's formula rim.... But I do understand why a console set should be fully "ready to use" unlike the PC set, so throwing in pedals did make sense.

If you look at the price of Thrustmaster's three different versions of the same motor and belt tech:

T3PA pedals stand-alone : €110
TS-PC (PC only base, formula rim, no pedals) : €550
TS-XW (PC/XB1 base, Sparco P310 rim, T3PA pedals) : €700
T-GT (PS4/PC base, GT rim, T3PGT pedals): €800

P.S. The real trouble is that you look at those three Thrustmaster options each with a different compatibility, then look at a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 wheel package with the CSL Elite pedals, load cell and optional extra P1 Xbox rim. The total comes to
https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/bundle/product/csl-elite-ps4-starter-kit-for-pc-and-ps4.html? +
https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals-accessories/csl-elite-pedals-loadcell-kit-eu.html? +
https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/csl-steering-wheel-p1-for-xbox-one-eu.html?
Gives you full PC+PS4+XB1 compatibility with similar power to the TS-XW and pedals which stomp all over the T3PAs for €520+€140+€100=€760 total

Last edited:
Was just about to ask what about one for the PS4. Hopefully they'll release that soon.
As far as we can tell that product already exists, just slightly different:
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t-gt

The T-GT has the same internal motor and belt mechanism, in a different case, with special GT branded rim and some kind of unique rumble motor in the rim to add extra feel within GT Sport specifically.

The T-GT set also offers better pedals, since they are fully metal arms, unlike the stock T3PAs in the TS-XW set. But I think most people would agree that the Sparco 31.5cm diameter rim easily outweighs the 28cm T-GT rim, despite those rotary dials. I wish the T-GT had been given a 30cm rim.

More details here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-t-gt-wheel-thread.346309/

Last edited:
Great information and great option, skazz, but isn't the CSL a step down from the TS-XW/PC?

Don't get me wrong, as a recent multi-console user it was bothering me that I didn't have an option for the PS4, or at least a reasonable option other than getting 2 sets of wheels and bases.

My TX base has been good, which I am using with old Fanatec pedals and the Thrustmaster shifter.

However, I am hoping I/we have an option in the future that melds a good amount of quality, with some universal support...even if it is pricier.

Say, just for example, that same compatibility that you showed above, but with a V2.5 base.

EDIT: sidenote, from the US Fanatec site when you review the wheels there is no "PS4 Ready" marking, whatsoever.

Last edited:
I hear you, ojgt. Thanks.

However, as in my earlier post, compatibility (or the lack of Fanatec to reference it on the US Fanatec page) is a concern for me.

Hopefully, it is just that they haven't worked something out with Sony of America...hopefully, because that seems like a very interesting option.

Just a simple question; Who is this wheel being marketed to exactly? And the marketing research revealed that the turbo power supply was a USP that had to be done? I just can't see how Sparco can justify that price point any more than their costs for any racing gamer Sparco gear... With no effort at all looking you can get much better gear for the same budget. And don't get me wrong, I have plenty of Sparco gear in my car and race suit but I think they really are missing the market they are trying to target here. And yes, I have tried it at E3...

Don't get me wrong, as a recent multi-console user it was bothering me that I didn't have an option for the PS4, or at least a reasonable option other than getting 2 sets of wheels and bases.

However, I am hoping I/we have an option in the future that melds a good amount of quality, with some universal support...even if it is pricier.

I don't understand why all these wheels only support 1 console platform (PlayStation or Xbox). Are the wheel manufacturers intentionally trying to screw multi-console gamers by forcing them to buy 2 wheels? Or are the console-specific input/output components so expensive and multi-console gamers so rare that the manufacturers don't see a business case for multi-console support? I kind of doubt the latter. :mad:

I'd put this one on Sony and MS, first. A combination of pride, hubris and business environment. I'm not saying it is easy as I just don't' have that knowledge, but it is crazy to think it isn't doable. The se are so of the most expensive peripherals in gaming and they seemingly have no desire to make it easy on us.

I don't understand why all these wheels only support 1 console platform (PlayStation or Xbox). Are the wheel manufacturers intentionally trying to screw multi-console gamers by forcing them to buy 2 wheels? Or are the console-specific input/output components so expensive and multi-console gamers so rare that the manufacturers don't see a business case for multi-console support? I kind of doubt the latter. :mad:

Forced me to go PC in 2013 when I knew Fanatec wasn't going to be supported officially by Xbox one... Never looked back... But it seems Sony is now the issue.

Any console compatible wheel has to be licensed. MS will not license any product with a PS logo on it and vice versa.

So we decided to license only the steering wheel (rim) for Xbox One and make it available separately.
If you operate one of those steering wheels on our PS4 licensed racing wheel it will operate fine on all consoles and PC without having to change anything. All official and 100% compatible.

Of course MS has certified it only for Xbox One and Sony only for the PS4.

You can even swap out the buttons and use neutral ones.

MS will not license any product with a PS logo on it and vice versa.

Sigh...

And this is why I don't want to buy a wheel to support either. Why be petty about some of the most expensive equipment a gaming enthusiast will buy?

BTW, your solution was well thought out. If Sony didn't get uppity about it, that would have been the best way forward for the industry.

It looks as if it suffers the same problem as every other Xbox one wheel. Not enough button mapping even though it’s an officially licensed wheel. Just look at the amount of duplicate buttons it has 8 duplicate buttons, yes 8. it has x4 A buttons and x2 X buttons, x2 Y buttons.
Xbox and thrustmaster need to get this button thing sorted out

Attachments

• 2AB412E2-6AA6-4844-AFA4-684B5582C038.png
    2AB412E2-6AA6-4844-AFA4-684B5582C038.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Back