Thrustmaster TSS handbrake Sparco mod + PS4

Netherlands
Netherlands
FugitiveYOY
Hey guys. Has anyone got the Thrustmaster TSS handbrake Sparco mod + working on the PS4?

Mine does nothing, all firmware upgradet, connected with DIN cable.

Nothing on sequential mode and nothing on progressive handbrake mode.

My wheel is the T300 RS. Games tried / GT Sport / Project Cars 2 / Assetto corsa. Im playing a PS4 pro.

About to return the TSS...

Last edited:
Hey guys. Has anyone got the Thrustmaster TSS handbrake Sparco mod + working on the PS4?

Mine does nothing, all firmware upgradet, connected with DIN cable.

Nothing on sequential mode and nothing on progressive handbrake mode.

My wheel is the T300 RS. Games tried / GT Sport / Project Cars 2 / Assetto corsa. Im playing a PS4 pro.

About to return the TSS...

Did you try the handbrake in both modes? In sequential it should act like TH8a sequential. Some games do not support the handbrake, but all should support the sequential mode. If it doesnt work with DIN connected to Base, you can alternatively try to use it with USB plugged into the ps4.
Did you try the configuration program on the PC? Perhaps the unit is broken?

Thank you. Yes tried everything you suggest. It works on PC in both modes. Also tried usb to ps4, but that is a no go.

So i’m still looking for someone who say’s: i have got it working. Could be the din connector in my wheel, but that has never been used.

Thank you. Yes tried everything you suggest. It works on PC in both modes. Also tried usb to ps4, but that is a no go.

So i’m still looking for someone who say’s: i have got it working. Could be the din connector in my wheel, but that has never been used.

Mine works. It could be a firmware issue. Did you map it in the settings of each game?

Mine works. It could be a firmware issue. Did you map it in the settings of each game?

I can’t map it. It looks like it is not recognised in the PS4. Wheel is in ps4 mode. The TSS is the only device added to the setup.

How is yours connected?

I'm suffering from the same problem, so keen to find a solution.

I can’t map it. It looks like it is not recognised in the PS4. Wheel is in ps4 mode. The TSS is the only device added to the setup.

How is yours connected?

Tom
I'm suffering from the same problem, so keen to find a solution.

I have older firmware though and using the original TSS (not +) and using DIN to my T-GT. Contact Thrustmaster. I suspect a firmware issue. Did you update your base too?
Do you have a TH8a to test?

So, the + seems to have issiues. Not a great start. It has to be adressed real fast, because i have 30 days to return it.

I have older firmware though and using the original TSS (not +) and using DIN to my T-GT. Contact Thrustmaster. I suspect a firmware issue. Did you update your base too?
Do you have a TH8a to test?

Yep. Works absolutely fine with the TH8A, so hoping it's a firmware problem.

Also T300/PS4 pro?

T-GT for myself on a PS4 Pro.

Last edited:
Like notify on the user manual of the TSS, you need to update firmware of your wheel base (for example on the T-GT you must update the base with last version = V5):
TGT_CPL_FW_V5.png

Full process here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/T500RS/T-GT_Firmware_Update_Process_V5.pdf.

When done the TSS Handbrake (when attached to the T-GT or to the T300) will works in lot ot PS4 games (full list here in GAMES SETTINGS / PlayStation4 Games List: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tss-handbrake-sparco-mod-plus-en/

Like notify on the user manual of the TSS, you need to update firmware of your wheel base (for example on the T-GT you must update the base with last version = V5):
TGT_CPL_FW_V5.png

Full process here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/T500RS/T-GT_Firmware_Update_Process_V5.pdf.

When done the TSS Handbrake (when attached to the T-GT or to the T300) will works in lot ot PS4 games (full list here in GAMES SETTINGS / PlayStation4 Games List: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tss-handbrake-sparco-mod-plus-en/
Thanks for your response, I've followed all process on the manual and updated my all devices. I play on PS4 using T-GT, TH8A and TSS connected with TM sim hub. (as thrustmaster reccomendation)

Ps:it works on GT sport and project cars 2. When i go back to play dirt 4 or assetto corsa the TSS handbrake is not functioning.

It works fine on my side in ASSETTO CORSA PS4 (but only with cars which have a handbrake).

List of PS4 compatible games :

• ASSETTO CORSA – PS4 (**)
• Dakar 18 – PS4 (*)
• DIRT® 4 – PS4 (**)
• DIRT® RALLY – PS4 (*)
• DiRT RALLY 2.0™ - PS4 (**)
• DRIVE CLUB – PS4 (*)
• FIA Truck Racing Championship – PS4 (*)
• F1® 2015 – PS4 (*)
• F1® 2016 – PS4 (*)
• F1® 2017 – PS4 (*)
• F1® 2018 – PS4 (*)
• GRAN TURISMO SPORT – PS4 (**)
• GRAVEL – PS4 (**)
• MUDRUNNER: A SPINTIRES GAMES – PS4 (*)
• NASCAR HEAT EVOLUTION – PS4 (*)
• NASCAR HEAT 2 – PS4 (*)
• NASCAR HEAT 3 – PS4 (*)
• PROJECT CARS – PS4 (*)
• PROJECT CARS 2 – PS4 (**)
• SEBASTIAN LOEB RALLY EVO – PS4 (*)
• THE CREW – PS4 (**)
• THE CREW 2 – PS4 (**)
• V-RALLY 4 – PS4 (***)
• WRC 8 – PS4 (**)
• WRC 7 – PS4 (***)
• WRC 6 – PS4 (***)
• WRC 5 – PS4 (***)
• WRECKFEST - PS4 (**)

(*) Compatible only in “SEQUENTIAL [+/-]” mode
(**) Compatible in “SEQUENTIAL [+/-]” and in “HANDBRAKE [Progressive]” mode
(***) Compatible in “SEQUENTIAL [+/-]” and in “HANDBRAKE [Digital]” mode = the Handbrake is not progressive on this game

It works fine on my side in ASSETTO CORSA PS4 (but only with cars which have a handbrake).

List of PS4 compatible games :

• ASSETTO CORSA – PS4 (**)
• Dakar 18 – PS4 (*)
• DIRT® 4 – PS4 (**)
• DIRT® RALLY – PS4 (*)
• DiRT RALLY 2.0™ - PS4 (**)
• DRIVE CLUB – PS4 (*)
• FIA Truck Racing Championship – PS4 (*)
• F1® 2015 – PS4 (*)
• F1® 2016 – PS4 (*)
• F1® 2017 – PS4 (*)
• F1® 2018 – PS4 (*)
• GRAN TURISMO SPORT – PS4 (**)
• GRAVEL – PS4 (**)
• MUDRUNNER: A SPINTIRES GAMES – PS4 (*)
• NASCAR HEAT EVOLUTION – PS4 (*)
• NASCAR HEAT 2 – PS4 (*)
• NASCAR HEAT 3 – PS4 (*)
• PROJECT CARS – PS4 (*)
• PROJECT CARS 2 – PS4 (**)
• SEBASTIAN LOEB RALLY EVO – PS4 (*)
• THE CREW – PS4 (**)
• THE CREW 2 – PS4 (**)
• V-RALLY 4 – PS4 (***)
• WRC 8 – PS4 (**)
• WRC 7 – PS4 (***)
• WRC 6 – PS4 (***)
• WRC 5 – PS4 (***)
• WRECKFEST - PS4 (**)

(*) Compatible only in “SEQUENTIAL [+/-]” mode
(**) Compatible in “SEQUENTIAL [+/-]” and in “HANDBRAKE [Progressive]” mode
(***) Compatible in “SEQUENTIAL [+/-]” and in “HANDBRAKE [Digital]” mode = the Handbrake is not progressive on this game
I have read this list on the support web thrustmaster. The game is supported but handbrake is not detected, even in controller setting. It works well on project cars 2 and GT sport. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Alberthzt, the TSS Handbrake works fine and is Plug&Play in ASSETTO CORSA PS4 (even if the device not appears in Options / Controls).
But again it works only with cars which have a real handbrake. Try for example with the BMW M3 E30 Drift (with this car the TSS is great in this game 👍).

Alberthzt, the TSS Handbrake works fine and is Plug&Play in ASSETTO CORSA PS4 (even if the device not appears in Options / Controls).
But again it works only with cars which have a real handbrake. Try for example with the BMW M3 E30 Drift (with this car the TSS is great in this game 👍).

I tried BMW M3 drift But still tss not working. I also tried adding the handbrake on the controller setting but it won't recognize. I also tried to contact thrustmaster by email they just ask me to do firmware update. And they really sloooow replying email. is there any setting to do to make this work? Thanks for help anyway :cheers:

Mine is the same .. th8a works perfectly with my t300rs but the tss handbrake mod+ won't work at all or even recognised on the ps4.. dose anyone know how to fix this . Raging after spending all that money on handbrake that dosnt work

Last edited:
Back