Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

• No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Results are only viewable after voting.
Australia
Australia
Soulfresh-ACV
Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
now available on Amazon

Compatibility: Xbox One/PC | Release Year: 2015 | Price: High (Check)| Wheel Rotation: 900° | Shifters: Paddle | Pedals: Brake+Clutch+Gas
Comments: Alternative edition of original TX with TM Leather 28 GT 11" wheel and T3PA pedals

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
now available on Amazon

Compatibility: Xbox One/PC | Release Year: 2014 | Price: Mid (Check)| Wheel Rotation: 900° | Shifters: Paddle | Pedals: Brake+Gas

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Servo Base
now available on Amazon

Compatibility: Xbox One/PC | Release Year: 2015 | Price: Mid (Check)| Wheel Rotation: 900° | Shifters: Paddle | Pedals: Not Included
Comments: Base ONLY​

Accessories
Mods

Official Thrustmaster Support - Driver/Firmware, Mapping, Game Settings, Manual

Official overview

ISRTV Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition review

Please feel free to ask any questions, share your experiences or any issues. If you want to recommend Thrustmaster TX to others or looking for alternative wheels, go to The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for Game Consoles.

Last edited:
Anyone who owns a TX willing to share their experience with the wheel on PC?

Got a mate hooked up on Assetto Corsa last week after trying out at my place on a T500RS. Now he wants to get into sim racing primarily on the PC with a limited budget but wants a good experience, at least FFB wise as good but cheaper than T500RS. Price wise, G27 but FFB is definitely no match. T500RS is over budget.

That's why I suggested the TX over T300RS since it is USD$100 cheaper than T300RS at least on Amazon which can then go towards the TP3A pedals which then make the TX a much more complete package than T300RS and same price. Is this a reasonable recommendation?

@skazz What do you think since you own quite a number of wheels? :lol:

Last edited:
TX has a better rim then the T300RS so I would personally go for that one if the price is the same. Over here there is no real price difference.

I would also try to find a used set of T500RS pedals rather then the T3PA. Reason is bashermod more then anything else but I also preferr hanging pedals and it´s easier with the T500RS pedals.

AC is the sim I enjoy the most currently I don´t even have a Xbox One I bought my TX for PC use.

I have a G27 but yes I feel the TX is more bang for buck. If he is solely hotlap oriented nothing prevent you from going fast with a G27 either :)

For that price difference the TX is a no brainer: you can get a GTE rim or T3PA pedals for under T300 cost. And at not much more than a G27 you get really awesome FFB for the money. I definitely wouldnt want to go back to my G25 after a few months with my T300, it's far too big a step forwards.

Trouble is, let' so ay the budget is there for one peripheral: which one of the two peripherals would make the TX a better package? I've never used the TX stock rim, so not the best person to answer. I'm hoping my own T3PA will finally arrive this month, so can't compare them to the stock pedals either. But since I've been using the stock T300 pedals recently I will say that they are perfectly functional, easier and more comfortable to threshold brake with than the DFGT, and tens of thousands of simracers use DFGT pedals.

Maybe the best plan would be to just buy the TX first, then see whether to grab a rim or pedals depending on personal preference....

If you can get over the stock TX wheel being mostly plastic as well as small and light in your hands, its actually well built. It doesn't make any noises and while there's plastic at the top and bottom of the rim and the center, the part of the rim that you actually hold on the sides is the same rubber coating as the other Thrustmaster rims. The TX rim is the lightest of all of the Thrustmaster rims and by a good margin so you will get improved FFB effects and it has more buttons than the T300 and GTE wheel rims, but likely not as many as the F1 rim. That being said, I do like the heavier sturdy feel of the T300/GTE rim but it will dampen the FFB effects a little because of the added weight.

Also for what its worth, any of these rims are interchangeable. You can often pick up a TX rim on ebay for $40 for anyone that is using a T500/ T300 wheel, if you want a lighter rim to play with. I even used my stock TX rim on my T500 on the PS4 and it works fine.

For that price difference the TX is a no brainer: you can get a GTE rim or T3PA pedals for under T300 cost. And at not much more than a G27 you get really awesome FFB for the money. I definitely wouldnt want to go back to my G25 after a few months with my T300, it's far too big a step forwards.

Trouble is, let' so ay the budget is there for one peripheral: which one of the two peripherals would make the TX a better package? I've never used the TX stock rim, so not the best person to answer. I'm hoping my own T3PA will finally arrive this month, so can't compare them to the stock pedals either. But since I've been using the stock T300 pedals recently I will say that they are perfectly functional, easier and more comfortable to threshold brake with than the DFGT, and tens of thousands of simracers use DFGT pedals.

Maybe the best plan would be to just buy the TX first, then see whether to grab a rim or pedals depending on personal preference....

He is convinced trying the standard pedals first. I forgotten to mentioned that he adores my TH8A (*COugh) lol. So he might at some stage invest in a T3PA pedals at the same time

All he is waiting for the AUD to go back up a bit against USD before making the purchase on Amazon or find a good deal somewhere here down under.

Anyone knows somewhere that sells it at a comparable price in Melbourne or Australia?

If you can get over the stock TX wheel being mostly plastic as well as small and light in your hands, its actually well built. It doesn't make any noises and while there's plastic at the top and bottom of the rim and the center, the part of the rim that you actually hold on the sides is the same rubber coating as the other Thrustmaster rims. The TX rim is the lightest of all of the Thrustmaster rims and by a good margin so you will get improved FFB effects and it has more buttons than the T300 and GTE wheel rims, but likely not as many as the F1 rim. That being said, I do like the heavier sturdy feel of the T300/GTE rim but it will dampen the FFB effects a little because of the added weight.

Also for what its worth, any of these rims are interchangeable. You can often pick up a TX rim on ebay for $40 for anyone that is using a T500/ T300 wheel, if you want a lighter rim to play with. I even used my stock TX rim on my T500 on the PS4 and it works fine.

A little bit of plastic isn't going to deter a mad Ferrari fan now lol. Having said that, maybe that is the reason why he got hooked on AC lol. There's always the option to replace with a Ferrari GTE rim in the future once he settles in.

….. Finally, all that's left is convincing him to sign up to GTP and ask them questions himself. :lol::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Ha, now that I just laid out the bucks for the Right On Gates sequential plate watch TM release a dedicated sequential shifter.

I know it's probably the T3PA Pro.

Honestly, I'd like to see a high-er end 2 pedal set myself. I don't use the clutch unless I am gate shifting, and that's rare now that I have paddles and sequential shifters.

Looks like we might be getting a new wheel add on. Hope it is pretty good and maybe the price will drop on the GTE and the F1.

More likely the GTE and F1 will discontinue and cost a fortune and the new rim is just the PS rim rebranded for the TX. :P

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/new-leather-wrapped-add-thrustmaster-racing-wheels
129£ ??

Leather28GTw_face_small.jpg

GTE rim is now obsolete odd. I am all set with rims but they should release a full size 320-330 mm one and maybe keep the heavy GTE. Some seem to like that one afterall.

I like how they market this for low weight for natural inertia when they marketed the old one as heavy for natural inertia. Or they somehow thought that was lightweight too. It´s all relative.

As for the price you pay 90 euro at least for the buttons and paddles versus a real aftermarket rim. I am quite happy I just bought a third SRW S1 for cheap. Still get no paddles but work like a charm otherwise. I don´t know should I give up on thrustmaster releasing a static paddle addon for the TX?

I like how they market this for low weight for natural inertia when they marketed the old one as heavy for natural inertia. Or they somehow thought that was lightweight too. It´s all relative.

There is a TX on ebay that the guy is selling as is. He says it connects to pc and spins, but not recognized. I'm thinking its because he's never installed the drivers as i remember there was a procedure that needed done when i bought my first one that never worked out of the box. Is it worth me taking a 150.00 dollar risk

I went ahead and purchased it. So i've helped him out in that regard. This won't be the first TX i've bought off of ebay hoping it was just an error on there part. This one sounds more promising then the first one as it at least powers on. Also bought a ferrari gte add on to go with it. Sure hope it works. lol

Went ahead and bought a brand new one today and initial impressions are good to say the least. For anyone looking microsoft stores have them on sale now at 100 dollars off.

Pretty much everywhere is 299 now.

oh. Seems like its well worth the 299 from just my experience with it last night on all the games i tried it with. I didn't bother with the stock rim. Went ahead and put the ferrari gte rim right on it.

Do bother with the stock rim.

Has anybody solved the mystery why the TX has a sensor for Kinect? Talk about paying for a useless feature. Correct me if I am wrong :)

I'll probably try the stock rim tonight because i did notice it has 2 extra buttons compared to the gte rim. I do miss having the extra buttons that the shifter for the g27 provided. I guess its time to invest in a button box. Other then that i love the wheel.

Do you have any experience with the f1 rim @oqvist? Is it worth the price? I'd like to get it.

If you can get over the plastics on the stock F458 rim you will surely like the F1 with it´s painted buttons and all too.

Anyway the stock rim is good because it´s so light and if you keep your hands on the rubber you will not notice the plastics much. So while the first impression is awful and some will bash it on it´s biggest merit (paper weight) don´t rule it out totally like many do in favour of the GTE heavy weight rim. The new version is a bit lighter at least.

As for the F1 rim it has painted buttons and cheap buttons. My paddle shifter is not totally reliable tendencies to double shift already but a pretty easy and cheap fix I believe. It has the most set of buttons together with the TX rim and is quite different so yeah why not?

As for worth the price the problem is that you can get good rims you can use in a real car full size that weight as much or less for less money. But as for F1 rims the alternatives are much more expensive but of course the quality is much higher as well.

With most of the prices I see for the TX being less than $300 (US), I am tempted to get the wheel. I am waiting to see what the competition does or promises before I make a choice.

How does the TX compare to the CSW V2? If anybody has used both or know of some good comparisons to read, please share your thoughts.

With both wheels using belts and brushless motors, I believe that they aren't so different in feel. I could be wrong though.

:edit: I think I found my answer...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-v2-vs-thrusmaster-tx.322894/

Last edited:
My brother just got this today. Does this auto calibrate when the Xbox One is turned on? With my T300rs, when I turn on the ps4 it turns full lock left, then right, then back to middle. Does the TX do this on the One? Reason I'm asking is it didn't for him

Back