Thrustmaster upcoming new products?

From a private dude. He didn't use it and sold it to me.
Too bad.. was hoping you knew someone with these in stock..just have to be patient.

I really hope that 488 GTE wheel comes out soon. My F1 wheel is having some weird paddle shifter issues now....

The 488 challenge wheel will probably first be released as a package with the ts-pc racer. So you will definitely be very patient.

I do wonder if someone knows if the connector thrustmaster wheel uses, leave any room for digital shiftlights or displays? Will they need to upgrade their quick release system if they ever plan to release wheels with built in added functions?

I know Fanatec uses a propriety connection plug.

Last edited:
38677829244_81940c5c20_c.jpg

Thrustmaster TS-PC RACER Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition Coming

in the early days they have the F1 wheel and the 458 Challenge wheel out as add on for T500RS, then later they bundle them with a base. Now they just do the bundled base and if you are lucky they might get an add-on or 2 out....

in the early days they have the F1 wheel and the 458 Challenge wheel out as add on for T500RS, then later they bundle them with a base. Now they just do the bundled base and if you are lucky they might get an add-on or 2 out....
I don't know about where you are but here in Australia they're both still sold as add-ons along with the 599xx Alcantara and the Sparco R 383. The only one I can think of off-hand that's not available separately is the open wheel (there maybe more, Edit: The T-GT wheel as well).

Source (Scroll down): https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...AhUDw7wKHcbmDqEQsxgIKA&biw=1225&bih=933#spd=0

Last edited:
I know they are sold as add-on, their newer ones are not really though As you say the open wheel, or even the Sparco TS-XW whatever name that wheel is called.

I know they are sold as add-on, their newer ones are not really though As you say the open wheel, or even the Sparco TS-XW whatever name that wheel is called.
Ahh, I see what you mean. Yeah, I agree, it would be great if they were all sold as add-ons. Chances are this new Ferrari 488 rim won't be sold separately either... unfortunately. Probably due to the compatabilty issues with PS4/XBox (????).

I mean thats kinda the point to have an ecosystem, not being able to buy the newer accessories do TM honestly think people will buy a new wheel base every time a new wheel comes out?

Hopefully they Will be released in due time. Development has been lagging compared to Fanatec. I might just go that route if they don’t release the open wheel or 488 rim separately soon. My best hope is a new F1 rim! Hopefully Thrustmaster will up their game in 2018!

View attachment 706273

Credit to @super_gt for this awesome find. The pic looks legit and it looks like a heavy duty add on. However it seemingly says PC compatible. Hopefully they won’t forget PS4/Xboxone owners!

They better add consoles compatibility! They can, after all, just mimic TH8A and it should work out of the box.

Mimicking the TH8A may then not allow the two to be used together, which I certainly would like to be able to do.

I suspect that it will be USB rather than plugging into the base, which would mean we may be able to get it working on console depending on how it maps the USB and if the games themselves support external USB devices (which may require a dev patch for the titles in question). That I can recall (and have tested myself) the TH8A (as an example) can be used via USB with SLRE and AC on the PS4.

Back