Thursday Fun Night (Re-named)

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 1,733 comments
I did 4 or 5 races with him, he was a second or two slower and I was pushing him hard at times.
He was full aware of what was around very clean too, despite it being a hard car for the controller.

Just the type to join us on a Thursday fun night

I did watch that guy in the Nova Scott, did well on SS too.

Mini-Fest @ Goodwood

24th October @ 19:00

goodwoodrevival2009_1.jpg

Mini Cooper S '65 & '05 Plus Mini Clubman VGT.

K-Car Rally up to 64bhp

As we've not played in the dirt for some time I hope we'll have time for a K-car race or two at Sardegna

And a Group B @ Fishermans Ranch II.

With the normal members are free to put in a fun combo anytime on the night.

Mini-Fest @ Goodwood

24th October @ 19:00

goodwoodrevival2009_1.jpg

Mini Cooper S '65 & '05 Plus Mini Clubman VGT.

K-Car Rally up to 64bhp

As we've not played in the dirt for some time I hope we'll have time for a K-car race or two at Sardegna

And a Group B @ Fishermans Ranch II.

With the normal members are free to put in a fun combo anytime on the night.

Ah gutted, love goodwood, gonna be missing this week, I’ve bought a cockpit off ebay and got to go and pick it up thur night, have fun all

Can someone host please, 3 times our network has gone off today, look like isp is having problems.

On a phone hotshot at the minute to type this.

Room up - 0475-4155-1258-2497-5940

Had to crash that one.....

New room is coming up 0475-4155-1186-1077-3060

Big thanks to Mike (Mikey LCR) for the help this afternoon testing and setting all the hot hatches for a boy racer night. 👍👍👍:bowdown:

We did a test in the Aston DB3S and jaguar '54 as well if you guys have either for a classic night.

Hot Hatch Boy Racer Night.

31st October @ 19:00

Our clocks have just changed so it maybe a bit hit and miss on start time.

0pR0jd0s9QKdWOobavcaEzEH2niafhvsYxWGW4B-U3NMoc5IhvoqWpARX01l4UHXCiEQE_DChHDJ36sXYqZ2GV-o4wFE7CSxPjmjdf-v5_h5uc7Gek6wujOEn40HbeiQ6w64bA0I0rl5-wjQVYhEy-n3deUUnUsxFOlQLgbGfttEGj_VX8UdaCXAAbj5eqsoFjNns67zfsInDOL7UbsTHZ0wqL81KrjTXIXnhvdTv-CaC2nlWZ4UdsEiHDZ-SFKBaLLjzFu4hcVWcD2CwKNfy5xDqQLTWsSxqnPxnvi1UicnyLOO0vESGZ-Er-274EzA2hgVyJnldqlkI7ydhykzwU9Bu9GCuK0B6dH_e-Zde-6LsK0qWqdNmx0YGYfWRXjskIEE0RiSMl4_2S_sMIevVz7Op6RgUfL24MMBlicokXx3Nl2KSAE7BAClfJUgakN-FovIgZcRRLPOEUVK2X1BfLWL6MGaSI9BApjoRYtPx1RZZ95Jx0TDfXAPq8wKAwv-yGOLTTwHSLlDF4s4TSgiSLZvVzi_RWbyz7UW7GjU6WQsiDleTzdjr2t4AibSukxvnvAtIldGqujx06DHwGDP-9yMtXlbePKUQDFIAo7IOO2vm2XC0bzxD9kMgKy2VBaXzCFdQNN0diGXuGQBIEysHxSfvR_3r7lBfsV-CMPBgLHDgtc8YwUJAQ=w1928-h1084-no

Any boy racer car you can make to the power weight settings.

Car Setting are: Power as close as you can to. Power 300bhp and Weight 1140Kg.
Bring as many, or all you have for this fun boy racer night.

Starting at Dragon trial gardens.

upload_2019-10-27_14-30-16.png

Here you need to adjust your cars you wish to use, to set a lap time of 1'45.XXX
Car Settings. fit full LSD and custom gearbox set to around 180mph (290kph) on racing mediums.
Run a couple of laps and adjust power to set the time above.

The slower guys will have to add a little power, the quicker guys reduce a little power. hence making everyone capable of running the time above.
Now keep these settings as they should carry over to other tracks on the night. remember what cars you bring you'll have to do the same in each.

Draft will be set strong, in testing which Mike and I did the guy in 2nd place made no in-roads on 1st place. With draft on you were able to draft on the long straights.

LSD and RM are there just to lower the frustration of wheel spin-up and understeer.

Plus members Pick&Mix

Last edited:
Is the lap time needed on-line or off-line? (it makes a huge difference)

Not sure I could test/confirm and tweak the cars setting by the end of the pit exit :lol::lol::lol:

Thats strange I don't find any difference since the last time I checked this, maybe an update had messed things up since then, don't know I thought. :idea:So off to testing, I go again.

I've just tested 4 tracks Northern Isle, Goodwood, BB raceway, Dragon T Garden offline/online 10 laps on and off. 3 laps N/F. 9 Laps N/F 4 laps N/F. 52 laps total.

I was never more than 1 or 2 tenths on any lap different at all 4 tracks online or offline. :cool::cool::D

Sounds like you have the answer to your own question Mike, set what ever car you use to online.

This is just a ball park figure 1'45.### to keep the pack together for these hot hatches.

The Mito is very strange under braking.

Mike (LCR) and I set and tested a number of these online, One or two you have to up the power, couple you have to decrease.

I noticed that too Scott, seems to get more grip out of the corners. Or less torque steer allowing an earlier acceleration point.

What a great night we had last night for a Tuesday, Chris joined me then Mikey, jarrod, Jeff (pokey) ended up playing in the D-type jaguar, DB3S, XJ13 and the corvette C2 at various tracks. 4 to 5 hours of fun. :D:D :bowdown:

Note to jarrod as Scott has said above, try lower power and maybe adding a little weight see if it help being smoother and better lap times with the controller 👍👍

Edit The 300p/1140w is only a starting point, adjust to get as close to 145.5 as you can, it worked very well testing last night with full draft. You may have noticed some of the car handle much better than others, hence better lap time gained.

I've done 8 car but I have the time and their all different. Do one or more, what ever time you have. The Mito and the DS3 I think come from different planet's.

Last edited:
I noticed that too Scott, seems to get more grip out of the corners. Or less torque steer allowing an earlier acceleration point.

What a great night we had last night for a Tuesday, Chris joined me then Mikey, jarrod, Jeff (pokey) ended up playing in the D-type jaguar, DB3S, XJ13 and the corvette C2 at various tracks. 4 to 5 hours of fun. :D:D :bowdown:

Note to jarrod as Scott has said above, try lower power and maybe adding a little weight see if it help being smoother and better lap times with the controller 👍👍

Edit The 300p/1140w is only a starting point, adjust to get as close to 145.5 as you can, it worked very well testing last night with full draft. You may have noticed some of the car handle much better than others, hence better lap time gained.

I've done 8 car but I have the time and their all different. Do one or more, what ever time you have. The Mito and the DS3 I think come from different planet's.
Had a blast yesterday driving those cars! Actually had a chance to enjoy them!!! Love the stories too, Phillip! Thank you, and to Mikey also, for all the help!

Back