• 75 comments

Bo

Disturbing Member
Premium
United Kingdom
Liverpool
CARBOYXJR
rcm-got-aero-main-banner.jpg

I haven't seen a dedicated Time Attack thread, so I thought i'd post one.

This is for UK Time Attack, as well as WTAC/Super Lap Battle. Post pictures, ask questions, discuss and enjoy.

Oh a time attack thread! My favorite motorsport or form of.

And since I actually have a question; Does WRC fit under this category in a way?

No, stage rallying takes place on stages. Time Attack is simply fastest lap of a track wins.

Well I understand that, and yes while there is more to a circuit lap, WRC stages are still against the time. The goal is the same but on a different platform. Is this to say Pikes Peak doesn't qualify as time attack when that is the exact objective?

Well I understand that, and yes while there is more to a circuit lap, WRC stages are still against the time. The goal is the same but on a different platform. Is this to say Pikes Peak doesn't qualify as time attack when that is the exact objective?
I think he's just wanting "closed circuit" time attack stuff posted.

Yeah, thought so. WRC, Pikes Peak and others have their respective threads. Was just wondering what others thought on the matter.

So, let's revive this thread - as WTAC approaches! Pro extreme is looking more competitive than ever, with firstly, Shane Van Gisbergen in the new MCA S13:

10440768_873037472708760_8338958324037158838_n.jpg

Competitive as in for second place? Seeing Tilton is still in the game everyone else is screwed.
Wouldn't actually be so sure. Tilton have developments, but not quite at the same rate as MCA or Nemo.

How the entries now stand:

AUS.png

Tilton Interiors
Mitsubishi Evo

http://www.worldtimeattack.com/wp-content/themes/WTACcms/EntryList/Flags/Japanese.png
Scorch Racing
Nissan Silvia

AUS.png

MCA Suspension
Nissan Silvia

http://www.worldtimeattack.com/wp-content/themes/WTACcms/EntryList/Flags/Japanese.png
Top Fuel
Honda S2000

USA.png

AMB Aero
Mitsubishi Eclipse

AUS.png

Pulse Racing
Mitsubishi Evo

RE Amemiya
Mazda RX7

They'd need quite the development to make up a 3 second gap. In the end it's going to be an Evo getting the gold, whether it be Tilton or not. That's my prediction.

However personally I root for Scorch Racing. That S15 is just wonderful in every way.

Been a big of the Motive series for some years (was even a fan of the previous Ignition DVD series). I enjoyed watching Andrew Hawkins build his S14 from a street car to a straight up time attack machine(step by step on the DVDs). I wish him the best of luck at the next WTAC.

hawkins-567x378.jpg

Inexact, actually, the goal is the same but on a different platform. A TimeAttack is a closed race-circuit event, a hill-climb isn't.

@hsv some great info :D

hsv
Many crashes. Many, many crashes.
Yep these cars seem to have issues as it is keep fluid engine now if a pipe goes or something blows you can't see it on the track.

£350 aswell to enter...... That's just for at night.

Plan so far is head down Friday time attack Saturday then back up sunday gonna be at least a 12 hour drive from aberdeen

Back