Time Trial 61: 8C @ Deep Forest & Vette ZR1 RM @ Indy Road Course

United States
Under your bed.
Ask me, man.
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione/Deep Forest (click here)

>>Advanced leaderboard<<

Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000
5380598749_1e89f1b5b4.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 RM/Indy Road Course (click here)

>>Advanced leaderboard<<

Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000

corvette_zr1_09_590x230.jpg

2013/05/01 23:00 - 2013/05/15 23:00

It's good to see an American and a European car back in the spotlight!👍

Last edited:
Gave the Indy Circuit about 17-18 laps.

I'm losing 3-4 tenths on the second of the last two sharp hairpins and then a further 5 tenths on the sharp turn that leads on to the home straight, just can't ever seem to get them right without screwing up. Up until then for the first 3/4 of the lap, I can stay ahead of the #1 ghost. :ouch:

Soon as I got into the 1:26's I called it a night. Might have to come back to this one as I haven't done a Time Trial in a long time. Think I remember why now, I'm pretty short on patience for these sort of things unfortunately and prefer racing in the middle of a field of cars.

The stock LSD setting doesn't really suit my driving style either, but that's what these Time Trials can show now, everyone has the exact same settings and the guys that can push it the furthest and adapt the best will remain at the top.

I do wonder why I see so many of the top wheel users setting active steering to strong though.

Last edited:
Have had a few laps in the Alfa at Deep Forest, I expect that is what driving on ice is like.

Anyway added some TC and are at 1:26.317, whereas the leader, Doodles, is on 1:23.948 at the time of writing.

Currently #34, though by the end of this sentence, I will surely be in the 100's. :(

1.27.253 with Alfa at Deep Forest....,I think that I can find 1 second or more yet but its very hard with my DS3....CONGRATULATIONS Doodles:).....any idea fot the brake balance?

I hate the Alfa, that car is ridiculas. Currently at a 1:25.7 but I'm sure that I can take another second out once I can control this thing properly!

As someone has stated, this is what driving on ice feels like! I do like the challenge though.

I was on a 1:25.3 when I gave it about 6 Laps at Deep Forest, proved tricky going any faster than that though. The 8C is a much more enjoyable drive than the Corvette RM, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yea it is real tricky, after a few laps you get used to it, it is a very difficult car to drive. I'm down to a 1:24.7 now, that's it for today, I'll have another crack next week lol.
Watching the reply of number 1, it seems I am driving totally different, I'm in different gears for most turns lol

I do wonder why I see so many of the top wheel users setting active steering to strong though.

You do? It means you can get on the gas quicker without the back end flying out, resulting in a faster time overall.

what brake balances ? 8c and ZR1 ? please

Because we need some ordinary racers here too, i got gold in both :-D....using 4-6 with zr1

Last edited:

I guess it's because the people that use it got so used to it that they are just faster with it.

Anyway added some TC and are at 1:26.317, whereas the leader, Doodles, is on 1:23.948 at the time of writing.

:lol:

Is vehicle tuning allowed on these TT's or is it still locked down and limited to BB and TC only?

No tuning. Just BB, and all the aids except for SRF.

As long as I get within .5 of doodle I'll be extremely impressed. He's usually up .5 by the first corner.

1'24.159

I'm closing on you doodle :sly:

Last edited:
Had a few minutes for three runs in each of the TT's and used 4/6 BB for both.

Alfa = 1:25.507
Chevrolet = 1:28.692

Thinking I can find one more second if I'm lucky in each. Miss being able to tune for these TT's. Why can't we have the same car just allow tuning?

These are fun so far though...

Popped a video for this lot, thought some of you guys might be interested.

Improved to a 1'24.105 for 36th and decided to take a break. Best I've ever done in a TT, 1 full second off the leader. I was up .2 but the sweeping right hander before the tunnel is losing me time.

7304th at Deep Valley with a 1:28.734. I may try again later to improve it, because I can tell I might be able to find an extra second at least.

Just run Indy and did a 1:26.2xx. Was on my way to do a 25, but screw up the last corner :ouch:

8C on Deep Forest was easy for me but the Indy with ZR1 RM was really hard.

Me: *checks leader board* alright. Doodle has a 1'23.948. I'm only 2 tenths off.

*pushes hard for about a hour*
Yes!! A 1'23.7xx I am finally ahead of doodle!!

*checks leadernoard*
Doodle 1'23.605

*slams the off button on ps3*

Got tired of 'slip sliding away' at Deep Forest so had a crack at Indy, and after just a few runs notched up a sizzling 1:31.667 to place me in 10,175th position.

I feel in my bones I can do better than that, but later on.

And sorry for your loss there 'Wins, but like myself I'm sure you'll do better next time. Of course Doodle is 'one of those guys'.

Me: *checks leader board* alright. Doodle has a 1'23.948. I'm only 2 tenths off.

*pushes hard for about a hour*
Yes!! A 1'23.7xx I am finally ahead of doodle!!

*checks leadernoard*
Doodle 1'23.605

*slams the off button on ps3*

:lol::lol:

I'm at a 1:23.461 for 7th place right now. I'm getting away :P

I was on a 1:25.3 when I gave it about 6 Laps at Deep Forest, proved tricky going any faster than that though. The 8C is a much more enjoyable drive than the Corvette RM, in my opinion.

Definitely.

Like most have said before, really like driving the Alfa, took a few tenths off of my earlier run and got it down to a 1:24.9xx by cheating with TC1. Thinking I may be able to stay in the top 500 on this TT with some work. I can only do 3-5 runs at a time on theses TT's before I start to over drive the car. Me no GT5 Alien...

Good job Doodle :)
I was excited when in one of my attempts I was just behind your bumper in the first sector, but now I will see you far far away lol
Actually I'm on 1:26:693 for 2154 place
When this fever leave my body I'll run more laps....

Had a few more runs at Deep Forest and have improved to # 738 with a 1:25.618, which will do me for the moment considering I'm only 2.5 sec's off the pace.

Back