Time Trial 61: 8C @ Deep Forest & Vette ZR1 RM @ Indy Road Course

I tryed 8C Deep Forest TT and feels like best DT ever without scoring :lol:

Like most have said before, really like driving the Alfa, took a few tenths off of my earlier run and got it down to a 1:24.9xx by cheating with TC1. Thinking I may be able to stay in the top 500 on this TT with some work. I can only do 3-5 runs at a time on theses TT's before I start to over drive the car. Me no GT5 Alien...

Hey Boggie, using TC is not cheating.

No more cheating than using a wheel compared to the buttons.

The only cheating in GT5 was using hybrids.

Using TC does help slow the slide but you pay for it in slow acceleration.

If it's in the game it's not cheating, it's just that the better drivers are jealous of their ability to not use any aids whatever, as we all would be, although many do use ABS1 like the majority of us.

Don't think many see using ABS as cheating.

If it's in the game it's not cheating, it's just that the better drivers are jealous of their ability to not use any aids whatever, as we all would be, although many do use ABS1 like the majority of us.

Abs 0 in this game is severely flawed. You should be able to go faster without any aids at all as opposed to abs 1. I'm not trying to justify it, just my opinion. I know sometimes I have to set the assisted steering thing to strong just to be able to keep the car on the track. I don't consider it cheating, I just consider it a handicap for lack of foot control.

Last edited:

Got another 1:24.998 with TC off, slightly better drive out of the last left hand sweeper following the last tunnel. Loosing my time in the first corner it seems.

Sweet combo, Deep Forest with the Alfa. Surprising grip - the trick is very careful throttle but there is still good traction to be had. On a 1'23.700 so far with another 0.3 to find on best sectors (doodle... :mischievous:). Ramon's time is crazy. :crazy:

Sweet combo, Deep Forest with the Alfa. Surprising grip - the trick is very careful throttle but there is still good traction to be had. On a 1'23.700 so far with another 0.3 to find on best sectors (doodle... :mischievous:). Ramon's time is crazy. :crazy:

Surprising grip!!!

You mean it's surprising anyone can find any as soon as one turns the wheel, or presses the buttons as in my case.

Surprising grip!!!

You mean it's surprising anyone can find any as soon as one turns the wheel, or presses the buttons as in my case.

Up shifter to a higher gear. If you're spinning in second, soon as you start to spin, throw it in 3rd.

Really, REALLY liking this TT and the Alfa 1:24.365, got to get the last turn cleaned up to gain .300-.400 and move into 1.23's. Need to get a tune for this Alfa and try it racing online.

Full downforce on the Vette a bad idea? I'd think so considering how fast Indy is. How you all setting your aerodynamics?

PP unrestricted it said. You mean I went through all that trouble to tune the car for no reason? Arghhh... had no idea.

You mean I went through all that trouble to tune the car for no reason?

'Fraid so. Due to the hybrids, PD now allocate everyone with the same car, most likely with the stock setup.

The only things you can "tune" are the real time adjustments (ASM on or off, TCS 0-10 and Brake Bias 0-10 front and back), or active steering off, light or strong from the driving options menu.

Just incase you don't have the real time adjustment menu set up, you can map it to the controller in the main options menu. A common setup is to have the left or right anologue stick buttons (L3 or R3, or a button on your steering wheel) to bring up the menu while driving on circuit, and the up, down, left and right D-pad buttons to navigate up and down the menu and to adjust each value.

Really, REALLY liking this TT and the Alfa 1:24.365, got to get the last turn cleaned up to gain .300-.400 and move into 1.23's. Need to get a tune for this Alfa and try it racing online.

I'm in the same situation exactly... in fact, did it already 4-5 times, being .4xx ahead of my ghost at braking point of last turn, and completely messed up all of them... either ended up on the grass or had really bad exit.. :ouch:

Pretty nice tt this is... i love deep forest!
And the alfa just reminds me why took me sooo long to get gold on eiger/grand tour in special events...

01:24.333 my time, looking for 23.high

@doodle
23.4xx with the stick.. :scared:
you boy, you are a freak of nature... 👍 (said in good will... :) )

Surprising grip!!!

Well, its all relative. In the WRS this week we're driving the Tesla (arcade version) at High Speed Ring with Comfort Softs so grip isn't exactly abundant there either.

Its important not to try and over-drive it - a powerful car with S1s needs gentle smooth inputs from steering, brakes and throttle. Don't brake sharply and release the brakes progressively as you turn in. If you come off the brakes too fast, the front tyres unload and you'll run wide. Rev it high and hard but feed the power in gently in the exits. Short shift from second if it starts to spin up when you're on full throttle. And get turned in early - grip is at a premium on the racing line.

The advanced leaderboards from mygranturismo.net are up in the original post. If you haven't seen them yet, check them out! ;)

Thanks for the link, was wondering if there was an online Lb 👍

On page 3 atm but with enough laps page 1 is possible, loose .6 of a second on the same corner time after time after time, the one after the tunnel, weird

(page 1 sounds alot better than saying 1.5 seconds off the top time) :sly:

Managed to get into the 23s, on a 1'23.881 doubt I can go much quicker - my lap felt pretty good, chasing eclipsi's ghost helped.

Also anyone else using buttons abs 10 really helped my lap, where i usually short shift to 3rd to gain traction and then when it bites chuck it back into 2nd for faster acceleration, I found high abs lets me get the power down earlier with less oversteer.

Had a quick go at the Vette Yesterday/today after my track guide I made for Indy made 13th overall, probably won't be having another go but uploaded my replay non the less :)!

Enjoy

Had a quick go at the Vette Yesterday/today after my track guide I made for Indy made 13th overall, probably won't be having another go but uploaded my replay non the less :)!

Enjoy

great lap... wich brake front - rear?

and for alfa 8c wich brake front rear ?

I've only had a go at the Vette at the moment, but I used 3/10. I'll see if I get chance in the Alfa later this week :)!

Last edited:
Back