Portugal
Madeira Island
bititiz
550PP Italian Cars: Monza Circuit Time Trial

Period of Availability: 2013/10/03 03:00 - 2013/10/17 03:00 GMT
Gold: Cr.250,000
Silver: Cr.150,000
Bronze: Cr.100,000

This is a Time Trial on the Monza Circuit using Italian non-racing cars. Cars can be tuned up to 550PP, and tyres are limited to Sports/Hard or less.

Rankings
Advanced Rankings

Last edited:
This should be a fun TT.

Which car would you be using?

Hi,

Well it seems everybody is using the Gallardo LP 560-4 '08!

IMO the Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09 is a great car too for this TT...

Cheers...

Hi,

Well it seems everybody is using the Gallardo LP 560-4 '08!

IMO the Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09 is a great car too for this TT...

Cheers...

True regarding the 09.

Has the OCD been updated as well? Since the TT is for Italian cars, are there more of Italian stable cars in the list (if it has updated)?

True regarding the 09.

Has the OCD been updated as well? Since the TT is for Italian cars, are there more of Italian stable cars in the list (if it has updated)?

OCD gets updated with the A Spec seasonals only. So it will get updated next week.

Maybe this link will help some people with the TT at Monza. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=264564

Basically the same TT and some very good tunes and advice in that thread. Definitely worth the read. Good luck everyone.

Thanks for that Cargo. After having a read though I see most of the cars are front end up and rear end down, the opposite to what is now used after the changes were made.

That should effect spring rates drastically and likely other things as well.

Hopefully we'll get some up to date tunes in the 'fullness of time'.

I've been using an old 'Fruity' tune, currently 260th on 1:56.051. Cheers.

I'm stuck at work right now, but - are they allowing us to use the Zonda R? I don't recall that being a race car, i.e. there's no number on it. The aero would come in handy at this track.

I'm stuck at work right now, but - are they allowing us to use the Zonda R? I don't recall that being a race car, i.e. there's no number on it. The aero would come in handy at this track.

It's doable to get the Zonda to the 550 but you really have to "gimp" it to get it there. The 640 seems to be the best so far. But i do think that 1;08 time is hacked really anything under 1:30 is pushing it to my knowledge with a liegit car till i see a damn good driver post a time below that here I wont beleave any thing below 1:30 as a time. proly 1:40 in reallity.

I know i'm not the best driver but I can't imagine I'm off pace by nearly a minute.

For the record I just tried to get a Zonda in it's not a "Normal Car" so no go on it. I needed a second one anyways so no harm :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that Cargo. After having a read though I see most of the cars are front end up and rear end down, the opposite to what is now used after the changes were made.

That should effect spring rates drastically and likely other things as well.

Hopefully we'll get some up to date tunes in the 'fullness of time'.

I've been using an old 'Fruity' tune, currently 260th on 1:56.051. Cheers.

Good point Dalone, forgot about that. There is some good advice in there though from my good and trusted friend Rido that should help though. I would still try those tunes though just to experiment a little, never know what might work. I still use that type of tuning on a few cars and it works quit well still. But anyway, just thought some people could get some good out of it. Good luck Dalone. 👍

Good point Dalone, forgot about that. There is some good advice in there though from my good and trusted friend Rido that should help though. I would still try those tunes though just to experiment a little, never know what might work. I still use that type of tuning on a few cars and it works quit well still. But anyway, just thought some people could get some good out of it. Good luck Dalone. 👍

Yeah, this might help :) I quoted my old post from that old TT.

I used Ferrari 458 Italia for the Monza 550pp time trial, the car originally had a wing installed, but the on the high speed track like Monza, it didn't help much. So I removed it, and did several laps, no ABS, no other aids, with stick controller, manual, my best time is : 1:56.610.

Top speed on the main straight before Variante del Rettifilo is 170/171 mph, on the back straight is 160/162 mph, before Variante Ascari is 159/160 mph, before Variante della Roggia is 150+ mph.

I have some slow section, with a better run 1:55.xxx is possible. I will list my tune below and some pictures of braking points for reference to both ABS & non ABS driver.

TUNE :

Ferrari 458 Italia '09 : Misty Blue Metallic: 6xx miles, Wheels : Buy any from GT Auto.

Specs
Horsepower: 463 hp at 6500 RPM
Torque: 427 lb-ft at 5700 RPM
Weight: 1260 kg
Performance Points: 550
Power Limiter : 73%

Tuning Parts Installed

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood:Body Color
Chassis Reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Full Custom Transmission
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel:Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Full Custom Kit

Sports Hard Tires

No Aero - no Downforce

Ballast Amount: 28 kg
Ballast Position: -50
Weight Balance : 43/57

Transmission

Move Final to the right until max 6.500
Move top speed the left until min 137

Adjust gear :
1st : 3.000
2nd : 2.025
3rd : 1.587
4th : 1.286
5th : 1.078
6th : 0.934
7th : 0.810

Move the Final to 4.900 - top speed at the graph : 198 mph

LSD

Initial Torque: 60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5
Braking Sensitivity: 7

Suspension
Front, Rear
Ride Height: (-20), (-20)
Spring Rate: 9.5, 10.2
Dampers (Extension): 7, 7
Dampers (Compression): 6, 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 7, 6
Camber Angle: 1.0, 0.6
Toe Angle: 0.00, 0.00

Brakes
F/R : 10, 6

Braking point guide - these were braking point with the above tune and no ABS, with BB : 10/6. All in chronological order :

Variante del Rettifilo : Brake just before 200m sign

8009921080_e5bfae7fb0_z_d.jpg

Variante della Roggia : Brake just after the 200m sign and right before the bridge

8009921812_3442d92497_z_d.jpg

Curve di Lesmo 1st right : Brake right on the last tree shadow on the straight

8009922618_d742b0c2f9_z_d.jpg

Curve di Lesmo 2nd right : Brake just before 50m sign

8009923616_67a1bd08a4_z_d.jpg

Variante Ascari: Brake right after passing the 200m sign

8009924432_c684be7559_z_d.jpg

Curva Parabolica : Brake just before the green patch on the left trackside.

8009920380_b9590100a7_z_d.jpg

Okay, I hope the tune could help those who use the car and the braking reference could give hints to how late braking can be done.

If you have a faster car, you might need to compensate to brake a bit earlier or later if you are feeling brave :D

Yeah, this might help :) I quoted my old post from that old TT.

If you have a faster car, you might need to compensate to brake a bit earlier or later if you are feeling brave :D

You beat me to it. :lol: I was just getting ready to post that link. Thanks Rido, I'm sure that will help out a lot of people. :cheers:

Otaliema:

It's doable to get the Zonda to the 550 but you really have to "gimp" it to get it there. The 640 seems to be the best so far. But i do think that 1;08 time is hacked really anything under 1:30 is pushing it to my knowledge with a liegit car till i see a damn good driver post a time below that here I wont beleave any thing below 1:30 as a time. proly 1:40 in reallity.

I know i'm not the best driver but I can't imagine I'm off pace by nearly a minute.

For the record I just tried to get a Zonda in it's not a "Normal Car" so no go on it. I needed a second one anyways so no harm

Thanks, Otaliema. That's too bad, as I have a really good tune for the Zonda. Well, I guess it's the 458 then. I won't resort to the AWD Lambos until I've exhausted all other alternatives. That just feels like cheating. ;^)

Thanks, Otaliema. That's too bad, as I have a really good tune for the Zonda. Well, I guess it's the 458 then. I won't resort to the AWD Lambos until I've exhausted all other alternatives. That just feels like cheating. ;^)

I feel ya, if you want to use a Zonda grab a C12 or C12S from UCD they fit in as they have no adjustable aerodynamics.
I think any car with front adjustable aero is considered a non-normal car by PD.

Well, after a brief 15 run at this, I am at 1'56.612. Still getting down braking points, gearing and such, so much more to come. Going to have a bite to eat, then its time to get serious. Still experimenting with car choice also. Using the Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 for now. Peace.

After spending 900miles on the WRS TT, which was in a stock Ferrari Cali, on this track, I just couldn't not use it, so bumped in all the power upgrades, left it as stock tuning, and ran it again. Was short about 5-10 PP though, and I know that it's not as quick as the Lambo but hell, it was good fun :D Here's my video:

I have started in this TT using the 'Zonda C12S 7.3 '02', I am at 1:56.644 for now, but it is quite a snappy car to tame and I am doubtful about improving with it by any more than a second, When I am done with the Pagani I think I will try a few Ferrari's out before moving on to the choice Lambo.

Had a quick blast round in my favourite car in the game, the Miura P400. Did a 1:57.8 which I reckon is not bad for a 46 year old car with a 56 year old driver. I know what's going to happen now though. I'll switch to the Gallardo and be slower.
Anyone want to hazard a guess at what the top legit time is?

First session I've had on this TT and stuck in a 1:54.711 with a average set up on car and made a mistake in middle of ascari
Braking points are so crucial here miss time it by 10 metres and your laps ruined

Nice graphics, first time viewing thread, on the braking points RIDOx. First TT on Monza using the C12s '00 and my braking points were very similar...just seemed natural to me :-) Gonna try that 458 next. The LP 560 is a chore to drive fast with SH even with the nice acceleration out of the corner it has.

I got into the 1:54's at last with my Gallardo. I developed my setup over a few hours, and it's feeling good now. I just need to string a perfect lap together to maybe get into the 1:53's. I'm very happy with 90th place at the minute.
If anyone wants my setup, I will post it tomorrow. It has a good stable feel, slightly understeery but can be thrown into the corners pretty well.

Agree @sportacus, the SV was my gold car, torque split at 30/70 and the third chicane is very generous, you can be way over to the left on exit and no red time. Funny running into the sand at Parabolica does give red and the next lap too.

Pagani C12 was silver and Alfa 8C was only good for bronze.

Used my C12 Zonda - just got under the 2 minute goal after 4 laps... I was locking up all over the show... Car felt very nervous and twitchy. I scratched my first lap... braking way too late (200m) for the first chicane... I then muffed Lesmo 1... again too much into it. I think I goofed my 3rd lap just cutting the second part of the Roggia Chicane. (You guess it... too late on the brakes on the way in!)

Not a great deal of skill but you need to either know your braking points or pack a bucket and spade like I did for the beach between the Lesmos.

First session I've had on this TT and stuck in a 1:54.711 with a average set up on car and made a mistake in middle of ascari
Braking points are so crucial here miss time it by 10 metres and your laps ruined

Good initial time Skyline... Thinking I will have a tough time catching you on this TT as this is one of my worst performing tracks. Still braking in my car so may take me a day or two to post a better than 1:57 time.

Finished my first session and got a 1'51.361 for the fastest legit time so far. Lost a tenth in sector 3 from being nervous.

Yep, the Gallardo I am using had a couple of old tunes on it which used the high front end and which I adjusted, although I am guessing how to compensate with the spring rates etc.

Was also impressed, again, with Ridox's post and pics, car looks a treat.

Back