Time Trial #72

• Thread starter sportacus
  • 286 comments
My pink Gallardo shared if anyone wants to try

1.53.165 .....210 place (ds3-buttons-tc 5-abs 10-sensitivity 0)

Have a nice day

Thanks mate :cheers::cheers:
Great Set up, it took me maybe 2 Or 3 Runs and now im at 1:53,047. tip is maybe Not to block up to much while Breaking. It helped me.

Thanks again 👍👍

@skyline how are you getting on with the Fine Tuning ?anymore improvement ?

Thanks mate :cheers::cheers:
Great Set up, it took me maybe 2 Or 3 Runs and now im at 1:53,047. tip is maybe Not to block up to much while Breaking. It helped me.

Thanks again 👍👍

@skyline how are you getting on with the Fine Tuning ?anymore improvement ?

Just looked at the leadersboard and saw that i made the time with ABS is Set on 10 :eek::eek: have to try and See if its better when i reduce it a little.

Post if any better.:)

Just looked at the leadersboard and saw that i made the time with ABS is Set on 10 :eek::eek: have to try and See if its better when i reduce it a little.

Post if any better.:)

Yeah if made a few tweaks I'm knocking on the door of a sub 52 made 0.008 improvement to 1:52.140 today not great but step in right direction it's first chicane where I'm losing 0.5 of second on a ghost I manage to save before the hacks took over the cars on share if you wanna use it

I run 50/50 split for the first corner only then 40/60 for sectors two and three until 30/70 for the last corner.

Thanks for the info! Seems Skyline is runnin'' it that way as well. I jotted it down and look forward to learning the function and hopefully seeing some results from it.

Are you changing up the break settings at all?

I know some are maybe tired of Monza and are at their peak (as I have read from prev posts). I was kinda thinking they may be the other day. When you show up prepared and already know what to expect .. Probably have a tune in line .. Then it's just drive w/ minimal tweaks. But as for me, new to the TT's, I don't feel like I have even gotten out there to go for it yet. Still getting prepared for race day! ...that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

As for the slack in PD's boundaries .... Not really focussing too much on that. Cutting is not the way I would be able to race in the real world so it's not an intention for me here on GT5 either. All good points stated above. So, at this point .. All I can say is at least it gives me a little room for error lol

Thanks for the info! Seems Skyline is runnin'' it that way as well. I jotted it down and look forward to learning the function and hopefully seeing some results from it.

Are you changing up the break settings at all?

I know some are maybe tired of Monza and are at their peak (as I have read from prev posts). I was kinda thinking they may be the other day. When you show up prepared and already know what to expect .. Probably have a tune in line .. Then it's just drive w/ minimal tweaks. But as for me, new to the TT's, I don't feel like I have even gotten out there to go for it yet. Still getting prepared for race day! ...that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

As for the slack in PD's boundaries .... Not really focussing too much on that. Cutting is not the way I would be able to race in the real world so it's not an intention for me here on GT5 either. All good points stated above. So, at this point .. All I can say is at least it gives me a little room for error lol

I do not change the brake settings on the fly with this TT just the tourque split front to rear. Other TT's yes, just too much going on to change both on a flying lap for my skill level. Really need to spend sometime on this TT to get into the 1:52 range.

Just run a quick dozen laps and have improved by 2.5 tenths, up to 1:53.263 now and sitting neatly at #246 on the leaderboard, 1 position [and two thousandths] behind CargoRatt. it's close.

Just run a quick dozen laps and have improved by 2.5 tenths, up to 1:53.263 now and sitting neatly at #246 on the leaderboard, 1 position [and two thousandths] behind CargoRatt. it's close.

Just fyi, I am not running this anymore due to my disliking of the track boundaries. (or lack there of.) The last time I ran this, I was up by almost .500 on my ghost coming to the line, but purposely threw it into the wall just before the line because I had cut the chicanes so bad without the lap turning Red. Just letting you know so you don't try to judge how well your doing by my time as I could do a lot better but refuse to have to resort to cutting the chicanes like that. I just don't agree with the penalty system on this one.

I do not change the brake settings on the fly with this TT just the tourque split front to rear. Other TT's yes, just too much going on to change both on a flying lap for my skill level. Really need to spend sometime on this TT to get into the 1:52 range.

I've been doing only the torque split too there not enough time to adjust both on the straights the torque adjust ment gives a better result over the lap anyway

I have to agree with cargo the track limits pd have set are in no way a reflection on how a TT should be run I managed to have 3 wheels on the grass and one just touching the green thoughts of rally cross came to mind that said we are all running to the same rules(except for the inventive hybrids) so it's not technically cheating thou it's is around 6ft from the true monza race line

I've been doing only the torque split too there not enough time to adjust both on the straights the torque adjust ment gives a better result over the lap anyway

I have to agree with cargo the track limits pd have set are in no way a reflection on how a TT should be run I managed to have 3 wheels on the grass and one just touching the green thoughts of rally cross came to mind that said we are all running to the same rules(except for the inventive hybrids) so it's not technically cheating thou it's is around 6ft from the true monza race line

Just to be clear, I am not accusing anyone of cheating here. You all are running by the penalty system set forth by PD and it is the same for everyone. I just don't agree with it, that's why I stopped running. So please, do not use the word cheating when it comes to the track boundaries in this TT. Everyone is perfectly legal here so please don't think I am calling anyone a cheater here. Its the penalty system that I have a problem with, not anyone here. 👍

Many Thank to suba1960 my time is now 1:58.636 using his setup and borrowed his and car. I am using a G27 on his car setup I just have to go faster through the corners. :)

Have a nice day

Does having ABS set at 10 really help with the braking?

I had tried this setting yesterday & when braking in the 1st corner, it seemed as if the car wasn't wanting to stop. Technically, a setting of 10 should make matters more comfortable, but it didn't happen.

So I set the ABS to 1 as always.

P.S - Just incase if you think that I must've overshot the braking point, it happened to me in the next chicane as well.

Maybe, I'm too used to the setting at 1.

Last edited:
Just fyi, I am not running this anymore due to my disliking of the track boundaries. (or lack there of.) The last time I ran this, I was up by almost .500 on my ghost coming to the line, but purposely threw it into the wall just before the line because I had cut the chicanes so bad without the lap turning Red. Just letting you know so you don't try to judge how well your doing by my time as I could do a lot better but refuse to have to resort to cutting the chicanes like that. I just don't agree with the penalty system on this one.

Good grief. I could actually do a lot better too but I don't want to hurt too many peoples feelings by beating them, too often/ever.
Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Speaking of dodgy racing rules, the aforementioned torque split and brake balance adjustments on the fly sound a bit suspect.

Is that possible in real life cars? Real life sports cars? Real life Racing cars?

Just out of curiosity.

Good grief. I could actually do a lot better too but I don't want to hurt too many peoples feelings by beating them, too often/ever.

Speaking of dodgy racing rules, the aforementioned torque split and brake balance adjustments on the fly sound a bit suspect.

Is that possible in real life cars? Real life sports cars? Real life Racing cars?

Just out of curiosity.

I believe that in atleast F1 cars, the brake balance can be changed while racing.

Just out of curiosity.

Yes, it's used in real life, JGTC/Super GT cars have brake bias controlled on the fly while driving - in race, there's a Best Motoring video showed Tsuchiya in his ARTA NSX in board camera, adjusting brake balance while in race due to changing track condition - it was raining I think.

Torque Split adjustments are used by top japanese time attack cars - Top Secret R34 Fusion RR uses it at the track, drivers changed it on the fly. One famous product is ETS-PRO Center Diff Controller :D

http://www.full-race.com/store/r14-awd-skyline/ets-pro-center-diff-torque-split-controller-for-r32-r33-r34-skyline-gt-r-1.html

No cheating there ;)

Yeah, that makes all the more sense now after trying out the torque adjust on the fly. I thought if they're adjusting brakes as well here.... I got a LOOOOONG way to go :lol: (some probably do though...). After having a few trial and error go's at it and getting the buttons arranged that will work it's a powerful tool to have. Works real well through Parabolica (at 30/70 as suggested) to get a better launch for the straight!

Thanks For the input! 👍

Great time mate gotta say your gear box is spot on for this TT took my lambo to another level
Also I've noticed if you have a 50/50 torque split for first chicane then adjust it to 40/60 for the second chicane throu to ascari then to 30/70 for parabolica it gives a much better turn in I've been hitting consistant 52s using this driving style

This was a good tip for me. I was running my torque split at 25/75. I don't like doing it on the fly, so adjusted it to 35/65 and what a difference it made through the chicanes. I went from a 1:52.4xx to a 1:51.9xx. So, yea, thanks for posting this.

Just to be clear, I am not accusing anyone of cheating here. You all are running by the penalty system set forth by PD and it is the same for everyone. I just don't agree with it, that's why I stopped running. So please, do not use the word cheating when it comes to the track boundaries in this TT. Everyone is perfectly legal here so please don't think I am calling anyone a cheater here. Its the penalty system that I have a problem with, not anyone here. 👍

I apologise cargo I should have worded my post better I agree no one is cheating by taking full use of the boundaries that pd have set as it the same for everyone in this TT and to post a highly competitive time you have to take full use of those boundaries.
But I like you believe it's wrong to be that far off the track and be allowed to class it as a legal lap so my apologies if it offended you that was not my intention

Have a nice day

Hey Suba, another nice feeling tune although I couldn't get near my ghost until I changed the transmission to your earlier one, removed traction control and about 20kg ballast and dropped the ABS way down.

Keep doing 'em mate they're coming up trumps (winners).

~~

And thanks Ridox for your in depth post, very interesting indeed.

Last edited:

Just out of curiosity.

Subaru Impreza WRX STi can do that mate

Thank you all for your advices for your comments for share your cars and for your help

Dalone
ohhh you are very kind mate...i think that its the best thing that i read here...its good for us to play for the game not for leaderboard..

Last edited:

Just out of curiosity.

NASCAR cars have adjustable brake balance, so nothing suspect there. Its all good. And as for you're other little comment. I only said what I did so that he doesn't think that he is comparing his best times to my best times, as that would be a false positive because I have stopped running this. Again, you seem to read into my post what you want to, to just take another one of your digs at me. I have done nothing but try to help you here Dalone.....I don't need you to keep taking your petty little shots at me.

I knew I shouldn't have, and wasn't going to post the bit about being 1 place behind you on the board, but it was merely a factual addition to the statement of my improvement and of course by no means a comparison of our best times, I had already read what you said previously about you had quit but could run at least another 500-700's quicker and I also believe that there is more room for improvement from me too, at least 300-500's, if not more.

Managing to string together those improvements by the end of this TT is a different matter entirely.

I knew I shouldn't have, and wasn't going to post the bit about being 1 place behind you on the board, but it was merely a factual addition to the statement of my improvement and of course by no means a comparison of our best times, I had already read what you said previously about you had quit but could run at least another 500-700's quicker and I also believe that there is more room for improvement from me too, at least 300-500's, if not more.

Managing to string together those improvements by the end of this TT is a different matter entirely.

I wasn't trying to take anything away from you my friend as I have no doubts that you can improve. 👍

I wasn't trying to take anything away from you my friend as I have no doubts that you can improve. 👍

I know you wasn't.

I think me and possibly others see your post #217 as unnecessary because you were just restating stuff that you had posted previously [#177 & #201], posts that I would have obviously read myself before making post #216 which would mean that I already knew that your time could not be used as a benchmark/comparison and my comment with mention of you was just an additional fact.

Last edited:
I know you wasn't.

I think me and possibly others see your post #217 as unnecessary because you was just restating stuff that you had posted previously [#177 & #201], posts that I would have obviously read myself before making post #216 which would mean that I already knew that your time could not be used as a benchmark/comparison and my comment with mention of you was just an additional fact.

Fair enough then. My apologies to you and the rest of the thread. I'll simply stop posting here now and won't offer anymore advice unless asked, so as not to run the risk of repeating myself or making anymore unnecessary posts, as per your instructions. Good luck everyone.

I am not telling you to go away and stop advising anybody, it's not my place to do anything like that.....:indiff:

^ :lol: Chill, Mitch... :)

Who said I was upset. :lol: You know, I am just going to start making video responses here (yea, won't that go over well? :lol:) to everyone so that you will understand more clearly my posts and their meanings. 👍 I'm not upset at all. :) If that's the way he, and others, see my posting here, then that's fine. Obviously I have over-stepped my bounds here that he and others don't agree with.

There is a method to my madness though. Many times people come into these threads and only read the last post or the posts that are displayed on their last page. And to that regard, many people's last page won't contain the same number of posts as everyone elses due to the fact that the "posts per page" can be changed. So, having explained this, I did not feel like maybe some people seen certain posts I made and while not intentionally repeating myself, I did not think it was that big of deal posting what I did. I was only responding to the certain post at the time, with the aforementioned in mind, thinking that maybe that person didn't see what I posted earlier. I hope that makes things a little more clearer as to why I posted what and when I did. Again, my apologies the the Thread Foreman :lol: and everyone else that may have been put off by my posts here. Now, I'll just go stand in the corner here and only speak when spoken to. :lol: (Sir Jeeves at your service. :lol:)

He's clearly not upset, just a little over-sensitive maybe?

It's not a big deal Mitch, and I do understand your method that perhaps not everybody reads through everything posted since they last visited, but I should think that most of the faster competitive people are not in that category and do catch up on previous pages before posting [just like I do]

He's clearly not upset, just a little over-sensitive maybe?

It's not a big deal Mitch, and I do understand your method that perhaps not everybody reads through everything posted since they last visited, but I should think that most of the faster competitive people are not in that category and do catch up on previous pages before posting [just like I do]

No, not even a little over sensitive. At any rate, we're going off topic here so I'll end my part of the discussion here. Good luck to everyone here still running and working on improvements. 👍 Peace.

I have a 1.52.307 (DS3, std. config.) using pmjg66's loaner. Thanks alot pmjg!👍 (I expect you're still lurkin' around here!?)

Thank you also to skyline 1683 for accepting my FR and let me try your Lambo! Ran a couple of hours with it: 1.52.8xx -Will try some more. I think it has real good (spot on) torque. Just need to learn how to make it compensate for the lack of power on the straights. Perhaps i'll also look into this in-game torque-dist. changing, although i feel it will interfer with the smoothness of driving and Thus somewhat the Whole way of playing...
Or perhaps at age 50 i'm being a Little too concervative about these Things?:)

A couple of questions:

-First chicane: On my best lap, i shift all the way Down to 1'st, adding max. downshift brakingpower. but i'm experimenting with remaining in 2'nd. giving me a smoother accel. out of it. First or second- which is fastest for you?

-On a loaner, is there a way to raise torque at the expence of power?

Thank you!:)

Back