Time Trial #73

• Thread starter sportacus
  • 519 comments
Photonrider, and those who have tried the tune I posted a while ago.

The tune originated from a Lions Den/Praiano tune, albeit set for 550PP I think, but I have changed a number of things. It's still a work in progress and any suggestions are very welcome.
In the meantime I tried to change my gearing to more reflect Doodles gears, anyway I like these new gears better.

They are; 3451 2003 1444 1150 0930 F4577. (reset, final to 4700 and max to 180, that part is from Praiano but the actual gears are mine.)

And congratulations WhoosierGirl with your 1:35, brilliant.

PS, I will try Biffa's tune too.

👍👍

Photonrider, and those who have tried the tune I posted a while ago.

The tune originated from a Lions Den/Praiano tune, albeit set for 550PP I think, but I have changed a number of things. It's still a work in progress and any suggestions are very welcome.
In the meantime I tried to change my gearing to more reflect Doodles gears, anyway I like these new gears better.

They are; 3451 2003 1444 1150 0930 F4577. (reset, final to 4700 and max to 180, that part is from Praiano but the actual gears are mine.)

And congratulations WhoosierGirl with your 1:35, brilliant.

PS, I will try Biffa's tune too.

I couldn't get the gearing as stated, and i've only copied and pasted the settings from MCH's thread. Here is a link to the full tune for all relevant parts to install - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7905026#post7905026

I just tried his settings on a Camaro I had in the garage that already had weight reductions etc on it, and it worked very well.

I think you need to review your race replay analysis skills:lol: I saved Doodles lap to use as my ghost and can say without reservation his lap is nearly perfect. What you call hesitation might just be a slight lift to get the car to rotate a little and pointed in the right direction. As I said, 3-4 10ths at most in an absolute perfect lap, 3-4 seconds not a chance, there just isn't enough grip or power in this car for that. In the Miura who knows, different car, different story.

👍

Thanks for the kind words guys. But it looks like the Lamborghini Miura will be the best car to use as I've gotten passed by two of them! Looks like it's at least a full second quicker than the Camaro.

Well that's odd. The Miura was my first thought but I couldn't get it down to 400PP.

Well that's odd. The Miura was my first thought but I couldn't get it down to 400PP.

The three Blue Miura's on the board now seems to be the same car being shared between the three of them. It is running dirty oil, which may help it find its way down to 400PP. The tunes on them also seem to be different as the one is running a nose up, ass down suspension setting.

Improved to a 1:36:1 using a praiano loaner, a 1:35 is possible but i'm getting frustrated now so gonna have a rest. I also wondered about the Miura, maybe dirty oil is the answer as the lowest I could get mine was 412pp.

I appreciate the kind words photon, but Johnny's right on the money.

I think you need to review your race replay analysis skills:lol: I saved Doodles lap to use as my ghost and can say without reservation his lap is nearly perfect. What you call hesitation might just be a slight lift to get the car to rotate a little and pointed in the right direction. As I said, 3-4 10ths at most in an absolute perfect lap, 3-4 seconds not a chance, there just isn't enough grip or power in this car for that. In the Miura who knows, different car, different story.

Maybe I could get another 2-3 tenths in the Camaro, maybe even more if you're a Ti-tech85, Amo87, or Ramon (eclipsi_RC). But for now, I'll be moving on to the Miura as soon as I can. Also, I can't work on my lap now, I'm at school! :lol:

Got a 1.37.706 this morning well pleased with that, but can take more time off.
Having a right laugh driving this.
Car is on share for anyone to try.
Stewy.

Tried Biffas tune and now got 1.37.114.
Will break into 1.36s soon he hopes.
Thanks biffa for tune and thanks to doodlemonopoly for the ghost.
Doing better this tt than last, now i've got a new wheel.
Getting used to wheel now so should go quicker now, hang on got to pick the wife up off the floor nearly wetting herself laughing.
That's me done for the day will try again in the morning.
stewy:)👍:gtpflag:👍

Tried Biffas tune and now got 1.37.114.
Will break into 1.36s soon he hopes.
Thanks biffa for tune and thanks to doodlemonopoly for the ghost.
Doing better this tt than last, now i've got a new wheel.
Getting used to wheel now so should go quicker now, hang on got to pick the wife up off the floor nearly wetting herself laughing.
That's me done for the day will try again in the morning.
stewy:)👍:gtpflag:👍

Good stuff Stewy, keep at it.

Been b-specing my miura for last 4 hours got it down to 402 pp soon as it's ready I set a tune and get it on share but slightly ironic that I'm b-specing on autumn ring and 402 pp and my b-spec driver is doing 1.37.5s so easy 34.s with a setup

There are many ways to get it down to 400PP :) there's also a way to reduce it's power to 400PP without penalty of power limiter while having better powerband, and a smart tuner can find the balance of weight, torque and HP with good powerband from low to high rpm, but that wouldn't be fair wouldn't it. Most cheaters do not know how to do this though as it's quite complex proess, and most of them use swapping method - different chassis and engine - because that's all they know when using the help of hybrid tools. I tried my Miura built for Rosckolove a few weeks ago, it's way too fast, hence I won't use it or share it again.

The big issue is legit time is very hard to spot now, a good tuner/driver with car that has hidden drivetrain parts equipped ( clutch and flywheel ) can be faster just a few tenths than the fastest legit car, and no one will know better.

Last edited:
Been b-specing my miura for last 4 hours got it down to 402 pp soon as it's ready I set a tune and get it on share but slightly ironic that I'm b-specing on autumn ring and 402 pp and my b-spec driver is doing 1.37.5s so easy 34.s with a setup

Mind if I add you so I can give it a go when it's ready? :dopey:

The big issue is legit time is very hard to spot now, a good tuner/driver with car that has hidden drivetrain parts equipped ( clutch and flywheel ) can be faster just a few tenths than the fastest legit car, and no one will know better.

I can confirm that the TC boys do not cheat. 👍 I used their car and there were no suspicious parts on it. The GTD guys however, have a history of using a downforce hack to try to beat IMMORTALPILOT in an F1 car, so I can't completely trust them.

I can confirm that the TC boys do not cheat. 👍 I used their car and there were no suspicious parts on it. The GTD guys however, have a history of using a downforce hack to try to beat IMMORTALPILOT in an F1 car, so I can't completely trust them.

That's the only way to know, try to use their car, then you can see their car setup and installed parts. But, downforce can be hidden for cars without GTauto wing, the only way to spot it is to compare PP with same power/torque and weight setup.

As long as I can download the replay, I can inspect the cars spec, and know every details of parts or setup - legit or not. But this is only good for seasonal TT.

Yeah that's fine it's got around another 600 mikes to go before it's drops to 400pp so some point tomorrow it be up for share

You can't tell everything just by using a suspicious car. You need the replay to be able to extract the data, then you can tell everything. Since I am able to do this, I can tell who exactly is using hybrid or hacked cars, as long as I have their replays.

As long as I can download the replay, I can inspect the cars spec, and know every details of parts or setup - legit or not. But this is only good for seasonal TT.

You can't tell everything just by using a suspicious car. You need the replay to be able to extract the data, then you can tell everything. Since I am able to do this, I can tell who exactly is using hybrid or hacked cars, as long as I have their replays.

Well you guys can go ahead because the replay is on the leaderboard. :)

That only works with seasonal TT, where driver don't have any access to replay sent to PD server during time submission.
I am going to try the old Corvette Stingray, see if they can get gold easily or not :D

Last edited:
1:34.177!!!!! Had a smoking fast sector 1, (31.975?) and pretty good sector 2 and 3.

Following Wolf's ghost definitely helped since I don't have to deal with a ghost chasing me. :D

please doddle keep a difference, there are many drivers on GTD... we are psn friends for a long time...

I quote you

Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69 "4-Speed Special"
195hp/ 275ft-lb
1500kg
400PP

edit: I got a 1:38.962 with this tune using a DS3. I am damn proud of that time!

GT Auto
Front Aero
American Racing Vintage Torq Thrust wheels

Tuning Parts
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Fully Customiable Suspension

Ballast: 85kg@ 0
Power Limiter: 69.6%

Settings:
Transmission
1st: 2.890
2nd: 2.010
3rd: 1.530
4th: 1.210
5th: 0.835 (doesn't matter, you won't use it with this tune anyways)
final: 3.550

LSD
14/ 22/ 8

Suspension
Ride Height: -10/ -15
Spring Rate: 9.4/ 6.7
Dampers (E): 4/ 4
Dampers (C): 5/ 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/ 2

Camber: 2.0/ 1.7
Toe Angle: -0.12/ 0.14

NOTE: I started out with Dalone's tune and ended up here, although I changed just about everything, I just thought everyone should know what I started with. This one works better for me, hope y'all enjoy it!

Last edited:
Yeah that's fine it's got around another 600 mikes to go before it's drops to 400pp so some point tomorrow it be up for share

So how many miles will it take? ...just may have to call the BSpec boys back from vaca.

Anyone else having PSN probs tonight?

1st sign in: no friends on list. thought, maybe I was hacked and they've all been removed. Had my son check his account, same thing. Then they were both back to normal. Then, I've been signed out several times (maybe just our area and not a PSN thing) but now, signed back in> no friends on list again? What's up with that?

...it's all I would need to cap off the day/week is to actually be ahead of da ghost, complete a lap with a better time and lose it to a lost connection. Ouch!

Anyone else having PSN probs tonight?

1st sign in: no friends on list. thought, maybe I was hacked and they've all been removed. Had my son check his account, same thing. Then they were both back to normal. Then, I've been signed out several times (maybe just our area and not a PSN thing) but now, signed back in> no friends on list again? What's up with that?

...it's all I would need to cap off the day/week is to actually be ahead of da ghost, complete a lap with a better time and lose it to a lost connection. Ouch!

Yes, I had my friend list empty earlier when I switched on, but have just rebooted the ps3 and my list is back.

I've been getting signed out within seconds of signing in constantly for the last few weeks, but no kicks tonight so far. I'd say it's possible that the no list thing would be something to do a few other bugs being ironed out on the servers.

Yes, I had my friend list empty earlier when I switched on, but have just rebooted the ps3 and my list is back.

I've been getting signed out within seconds of signing in constantly for the last few weeks, but no kicks tonight so far. I'd say it's possible that the no list thing would be something to do a few other bugs being ironed out on the servers.

Thanks for the response. Frustrating to say the least. Least I know it's not just us. The list is back just now we'll see how it goes from here.

Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69 "4-Speed Special"
5191hp/ 275ft-lb
1500kg
400PP

edit: I got a 1:38.962 with this tune using a DS3. I am damn proud of that time!

GT Auto
Front Aero
American Racing Vintage Torq Thrust wheels

Tuning Parts
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Fully Customiable Suspension

Settings:
Transmission
1st: 2.890
2nd: 2.010
3rd: 1.530
4th: 1.210
5th: 0.835 (doesn't matter, you won't use it with this tune anyways)
final: 3.550

LSD
14/ 22/ 8

Suspension
Ride Height: -10/ -15
Spring Rate: 9.4/ 6.7
Dampers (E): 4/ 4
Dampers (C): 5/ 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/ 2

Camber: 2.0/ 1.7
Toe Angle: -0.12/ 0.14

NOTE: I started out with Dalone's tune and ended up here, although I changed just about everything, I just thought everyone should know what I started with. This one works better for me, hope y'all enjoy it!

Glad I was able to help Mopar, albeit just a little.

I note however you haven't taken any weight off. If I recall correctly, stage 1 reduces weight nearly 100kg.
I note you posted; 5191hp/ 275ft-lb 1500kg 400PP.

Pretty sure you aren't running at 5,191hp, or even 519hp so it must be 191hp, which is 10 or 12 etc hp above mine.

I would seriously consider stage 1 weight reduction which would bring you down to 1400kg, which is over 80kg more than I am using.
Don't think the PP would drop to a dangerously low position by doing so.

I tried adding lots of weight and added hp but it was a disaster for me.
Cheers mate.

Just bought another Camaro Z28 '09 to check out this weight thing. It comes standard at 1415kg and stage 1 weight reduction lowers it to 1301kg ( a reduction of 114kg! ) at a loss of only 7PP, standard hp is 446, after it's 453hp.

May be worth considering Mopar, even buying a new one and trying it out as I did, although I used one of my sons accounts as he was already signed into PS. With this one I went all the way to stage 3 weight reduction which makes it 1173kg and engine reduction (from 281hp to make 400PP gives 166hp).
I'll let you know how it travels after I finish tuning and have had a few runs, just out of curiosity.

Last edited:
Thanks, it is fixed now.

I like a heavier car with more power over a lighter car with less. Lighter cars tend to go all over the place, where I can control and tune a heavier car a bit easier.

I was lucky enough to try out you0099's Miura and got a 1:32.870! :D Brilliant car. Surprisingly stable with the low amount of horsepower it has.

Wow, borrowed a friends Muira and after a few hours got my time down to 1'34.679, good for 16th on the leaderboard!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda weird, but I'm on pace for my best finish ever in these TT's. My best finish before this was 27th, which was a while back ago as seen in my sig.

Thanks, it is fixed now.

I like a heavier car with more power over a lighter car with less. Lighter cars tend to go all over the place, where I can control and tune a heavier car a bit easier.

All good Mopar, different folks, different strokes.

Looks like we'll all have to saddle up Bob for some long distance races in the Muira anyway to stay competitive. Doodles on 1:32.8 and seemingly loves it.

I'm still on 1:37.0 and am so close to breaking into 1:36 I may keep trying for a little longer in the Camaro just to achieve it.

Back