DoodleAM
This event ends in
img.php
450PP Front Wheel Drives: Suzuka Circuit Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2013/11/14 03:00 - 2013/11/28 03:00 GMT
Gold: Cr.250,000
Silver: Cr.150,000
Bronze: Cr.100,000

This Time Trial takes place on the Suzuka Circuit, using front wheel drive non-racecars. Cars can be tuned up to 450PP, and tires are limited to Comfort/Soft or less.

Rankings
Advanced Rankings

Very nice to see front wheel drive cars actually being used for once. The last time it happened was all the way back in Time Trial 18 in September 2011! :eek: 9 out of the top 10 drivers were using controllers and traction control as seen Here!

Last edited:
Looks like the Integra Type R (DC5) '04 is the go-to car for now.. . .

Interesting that there is a Clio in there, too. Well . . . lots of cars to try. This is going to be fun.

True blue.

Front wheel drive cars around a legendary track like Suzuka will be fun due to the load of cars that can be used.

I use a DS3 as well & always drive with AUtomatic transmission. Maybe too used to my driving style in the real world as well where I drive a car with Automatic gearing & which I feel is more fun & comfortable, but not the fastest option when compared to a Manual transmission.

Last edited:
I'm having so much fun with this I may not sleep tonight! :lol:

Suzuka has always been one of my love/hate relationships. So with FF cars. To combine them together is making me go crazy. I'm alternately snarling or breathless with excitement. Suzuka is a very technical circuit. I think it was designed by some sadist who knew drivers - especially time trialers - very well.

If you ever saw the movie Blue Thunder (Roy Scheider, Daniel Stern) you'll remember that LAPD cop Murphy, the chopper pilot, who used to try to beat the clock all the time as he drove out of the Precinct parking lot - like he always wanted to beat his time out, try to be as fast as possible out of there - he was fascinated by time and beating the clock - always wanted to do the impossible in shaving seconds off - that's the kind of feeling sometimes when you are try to squeeze every second out of the lap, make it shorter and shorter (or rather faster and faster.)

Tried the Clio, not happy - it seems faster but needs a good tune. These FF cars are frisky ladies - but man, how they love to dance.

Has Ridox gone into hibernation?

I'm having so much fun with this I may not sleep tonight! :lol:

Suzuka has always been one of my love/hate relationships. So with FF cars. To combine them together is making me go crazy. I'm alternately snarling or breathless with excitement. Suzuka is a very technical circuit. I think it was designed by some sadist who knew drivers - especially time trialers - very well.

If you ever saw the movie Blue Thunder (Roy Scheider, Daniel Stern) you'll remember that LAPD cop Murphy, the chopper pilot, who used to try to beat the clock all the time as he drove out of the Precinct parking lot - like he always wanted to beat his time out, try to be as fast as possible out of there - he was fascinated by time and beating the clock - always wanted to do the impossible in shaving seconds off - that's the kind of feeling sometimes when you are try to squeeze every second out of the lap, make it shorter and shorter (or rather faster and faster.)

Tried the Clio, not happy - it seems faster but needs a good tune. These FF cars are frisky ladies - but man, how they love to dance.

Has Ridox gone into hibernation?

Since You won't be sleeping tonight :lol:, do let us know the variety of cars You drove & which you found the best that hugs the circuit?

No, I am alive here :lol: I have some cars ready, not sure if they will be competitive for top 10 :) I love comfort tires, this might be one of the last good TT before GT6.

Why does everyone use Integra Type R '04 :confused: Do they ever try more variety of cars, who knows there's even better car ?

Since You won't be sleeping tonight :lol:, do let us know the variety of cars You drove & which you found the best that hugs the circuit?

So far the Clio and the DC5 - IMO the Clio could be tuned to get a better time. There's the Ford Focus, and the Golf, too - all in that range. This is all about judicious gearing, I feel, and as much HP as possible. There's some climbing here. Over-steer seems to be better than under-steer. One need to swing the car around - sharp turn in as such, slight fishtail, and scramble out quick when the wheels straighten.

No, I am alive here :lol: I have some cars ready, not sure if they will be competitive for top 10 :) I love comfort tires, this might be one of the last good TT before GT6.

I've knocked seconds off my time with your tunes 👍 :lol: so looking forward to what you have to share. And, yeah, GT6 looms closer and closer - and it seems like we are sucking the last juices out of 5.

Why does everyone use Integra Type R '04 :confused: Do they ever try more variety of cars, who knows there's even better car ?

Seems to be the 'starter' car - remember the whole shenanigen with the Camaro at Autumn Ring, before the Miura took over?

I'm going back to the console - there's a few FFs in the 190 - 200 HP range but with lower PP, might be good to investigate. Celica . . ?

Edit: Tried the Lupo and Mini - no go, Atenza and Peugeot 106 look promising.

Last edited:
I am tuning one car now, it has 290+PS, 1180+kg, 50/50 weight distribution - managed to easily hit over 225kmh/140mph on the main straight :drool: and only 450PP - must be magic :lol: but the handling is still left much to be desired. The Atenza is pretty good even on stock weight distribution, have one tuned for Deadnuts Races. I also have Mini Countryman tuned for Deadnuts that works well at Suzuka, but the engine powerband is not very good for long stretches. Have a variety Alfa Romeo hot hatches too tuned already from Deadnuts Races that handled well at Laguna Seca and Autumn Ring, should work too at Suzuka :D

Almost forgot, got a Golf V GTi that's also pretty good, so many cars to work on.

Last edited:
Edit: Tried the Lupo and Mini - no go, Atenza and Peugeot 106 look promising.

Hi photonrider, the 106 you're talking about is the rallye one or the S16?

EDIT: I'm leaning towards the Ford Focus RS '02, seems to be a good competitor for the INTEGRA...

Last edited:
Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S'70 has some potential

Pontiac Vibe GT has very good power to weight ratio, drives like a boat though

Last edited:
Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S'70 has some potential

Pontiac Vibe GT has very good power to weight ratio, drives like a boat though

This little Honda was one of my favourite cars on my old PS3.
I have had to buy a Integra DC5 to compete in this seasonal!

I have never really enjoyed ff cars, but this is a great combo. And the way you have to drive these cars is Fun.

TIP: No Jerk inputs, Just let the car Roll.

Hi photonrider, the 106 you're talking about is the rallye one or the S16?

Hi, Sportacus - it was the S16. Didn't have much time except to give each car a couple of clean laps, but the Peugeot definitely had potential.

The sound from GT_Pilot's car is awesome - and they have the gearing perfect, judging from the changes; that's got to be a great tune on that car. Kat does a great lap, though that spectacular drift at one corner probably takes more time than rolling around (as Cb suggests.) Some rumble strips are more than forgiving, mid-course - others are trick corners - you would think you can cut them, but so much as look at them and your wheels light up.

Tip for slower drivers - save the slower ghosts; they stay more visible as pace makers, and are easier to work with.

What about Spoon Civic or Integra, or even Mazda Kuzubi Concept(i had a very good tune for this before my account reset its worth a look at).

Spoon Civic wasn't allowed - already tried it, but the 'normal car' requisition kicks in. There's a Civic hidden somewhere that could be used - another likely runner for sure.

As a Swede i'll be using the Volvo C30 R-Design on this one.. Just looking for a good tune to use on it. Anyone here that might be able to point me in the right direction?

Currently 7th i think.. my wheel has very bad deadzone, an i havent played much since academy, i wont stay 7th for long, just want to say well done doodle on Autumn Ring an thanks for the thread, but i have a question, i dont mind people sharing setups but when we individuals tune cars its usually are own work, trial an error or other people's like stotty's tune who help people maybe not in the top 200 improve which is very nice, but for me who i have knowlegde of tunning but not perfect, i look an see all these TC guys who are fast but are they all using the exact same setup?? am not saying they wouldnt be up their its just not as fun for me, i believe many hands made light work.. it has to be an advantage. Good luck everyone

Hi, Sportacus - it was the S16. Didn't have much time except to give each car a couple of clean laps, but the Peugeot definitely had potential.

The sound from GT_Pilot's car is awesome - and they have the gearing perfect, judging from the changes; that's got to be a great tune on that car. Kat does a great lap, though that spectacular drift at one corner probably takes more time than rolling around (as Cb suggests.) Some rumble strips are more than forgiving, mid-course - others are trick corners - you would think you can cut them, but so much as look at them and your wheels light up.

Tip for slower drivers - save the slower ghosts; they stay more visible as pace makers, and are easier to work with.

Thanks for the info! 👍

Big props to the top 4 Japanese guys for absolutely destroying the competition so far! :bowdown: I'm giving it my first go when I get home from school in an hour or so.

Big props to the top 4 Japanese guys for absolutely destroying the competition so far! :bowdown: I'm giving it my first go when I get home from school in an hour or so.

It will get all sorted out once more of the aliens start putting in their times. Once that happens, then I suspect there won't be such a big gap and things will tighten up a bit. Its still early yet.

Make sure you get your homework done first Andrew before playing any games. :lol: And anyway, what are you doing on your phone during school anyway? Damn social media. :lol: That's whats wrong with society these days, kids on their cell phones when they are supposed to be paying attention in school. :sly:

Awesome!!

I Love em!

Any chance of a tune for it, i'm going to get one asap!
I don't have a tune for that one, but ran a Golf IV GTI RM race a while back in WRS, and used this tune:

setup.png

As I said, this was for the RM golf, so the downforce won't be relevant, but I think the tune itself should be transferable. Not sure if this was one of Vagabond's or something I did myself, it was a long time ago. Lemme know how it works out.

Reactions: Cb
I don't have a tune for that one, but ran a Golf IV GTI RM race a while back in WRS, and used this tune:

View attachment 82824

As I said, this was for the RM golf, so the downforce won't be relevant, but I think the tune itself should be transferable. Not sure if this was one of Vagabond's or something I did myself, it was a long time ago. Lemme know how it works out.

Thank you for sharing this, I have really been struggling with set-up and parts on this time trial. Feels like the low dampers works well

EDIT. 2.25.6 now

Last edited:
How do you decide which account to run it on? :D I sometimes see you on just a normal one, sometimes GTP, then I see TC...

How do you decide which account to run it on? :D I sometimes see you on just a normal one, sometimes GTP, then I see TC...

I mainly use my normal account for GTA V and online racing that isn't the WRS. The GTP one is for the WRS, and the TC one is for the seasonal TTs. :) I've found that pretty simple for me.

First two hours done, and I'm sitting at a 2:24.438. There's at least 3 tenths left to find for me.

Back