Time Trial #75: 450pp FF Cars @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 531 comments
Congrats to all the frontrunners!
I found something last night that doesn't tip over when I stick my wheel on it, I went from a 25.3 to a 24.6.
Thanks also to everyone who shared!

I've fallen back to 3rd in the past 2 hours. I've spent the past two hours trying to improve, but no luck. I'm gonna keep going.

Arghh. I keep ruining .2s. I think I'm just gonna stop here to keep myself from getting too stressed. I gave a good fight, but just came up short. Well done L-Shooter. 👍

Arghh. I keep ruining .2s. I think I'm just gonna stop here to keep myself from getting too stressed. I gave a good fight, but just came up short. Well done L-Shooter. 👍
I'm going to start trying this TT now properly, did 3 complete laps yesterday. Hoping I can improve so not too far off you and others on here. You should give it one last shot near the end, you never know you might just get another pole position.

Wow checked the ranking still on the board at 231st might just manage to stay there keeps my run of 7 consecutive TT on the board up thou still haven't managed to improve my time thou not for lack of effort congrats to doodle/roweer/cargo/CB all on my friends list cracking times and tunes defo helped me out this TT

Wow checked the ranking still on the board at 231st might just manage to stay there keeps my run of 7 consecutive TT on the board up thou still haven't managed to improve my time thou not for lack of effort congrats to doodle/roweer/cargo/CB all on my friends list cracking times and tunes defo helped me out this TT
You WILL stay there -by a margin skyline:tup: Incidentially i also count consecutive boardrepresentations: This'll be my 8'th which is blowing my mind; i have only managed 4 in all uptill then! This is the kind of stuff that makes for a .....GTaddict:lol:

I used the honda and Doodles tune and managed a 2:28:4 after 5 laps... still not turning in the way I like but with not much time left probably won't do much better

That being said, I managed to get another half hour on it last night and got down to a 2:26.9... a few little tweaks here and there got it turning more to my liking/reaction times... there are a couple of spots if I could get it 100% perfect I might knock a few 10ths off but thats life

Andrew, three letters/words for you and I think you know what they are. :sly:

You WILL stay there -by a margin skyline:tup: Incidentially i also count consecutive boardrepresentations: This'll be my 8'th which is blowing my mind; i have only managed 4 in all uptill then! This is the kind of stuff that makes for a .....GTaddict:lol:
My best run has been 6 so far so it will be a pb for me if I manage it but it's not been the best of TTs for me ff cars are not my forte thou with help from you guys it's been fun/stressful and a eye opener to way ff cars can be tuned

My best run has been 6 so far so it will be a pb for me if I manage it but it's not been the best of TTs for me ff cars are not my forte thou with help from you guys it's been fun/stressful and a eye opener to way ff cars can be tuned
You're much too kind -knowing my car didn't help you much!
At my age, i think i prefer slow cars -only just made the board with the Takata Honda.
...anyway: what am i doing up at this hour....

The girlfriend has been here for a couple of days, just got home from dropping her off, think I have about 10 minutes to play before it quits.

Nope, 2:25.8 for # 332 it is.

Last edited:
You're much too kind -knowing my car didn't help you much!
At my age, i think i prefer slow cars -only just made the board with the Takata Honda.
...anyway: what am i doing up at this hour....
Your car did help I was very consistant with it and was doing mid 25s every lap think it's my lack of skill with ff cars and using a ds3 makes it a bit harder too

The girlfriend has been here for a couple of days, just got home from dropping her off, think I have about 10 minutes to play before it quits.

Nope, 2:25.8 for # 332 it is.

Guess your quest continues on......:sly::lol:

Guess your quest continues on......:sly::lol:

Ha ha, contrary to your assertions Cargo I have no allusions whatsoever about finding the 'magic car' you spoke of.
I am well aware that once one has a decent tune on a decent car it then rests entirely upon ones own ability.
Was only a few tenths off your time this TT, perhaps I'm sneaking up on you, at least where mid powered cars are concerned.
550pp the new TT. What cars do you have to lend....me old China? :lol::lol::lol:

my PSN JotaFDuarte

Well done, both of you! 👍 :cheers:

Congrats also to Andrew, W'girl & all the other frontrunners. Good stuff!

Not being a lover of FF cars, my goal was just to get in the top 500. I gave my hurting ears a break at a nice round 2.26.550 for P470. Thanks for the tunes, Stotty & Doodle... :cheers:

Ha ha, contrary to your assertions Cargo I have no allusions whatsoever about finding the 'magic car' you spoke of.
I am well aware that once one has a decent tune on a decent car it then rests entirely upon ones own ability.
Was only a few tenths off your time this TT, perhaps I'm sneaking up on you, at least where mid powered cars are concerned.
550pp the new TT. What cars do you have to lend....me old China? :lol::lol::lol:

No cars to lend as of now, or ever. :lol:

Well that was was fun. Got another tenth last night for 2:25.878 and P334, my highest ever TT ranking.:)
Thanks to Stotty, Cb and Doodle for the tunes. I couldn't have done it without you guys. I ended up using Doodle's settings and was just getting the hang of it when I had to call it a day, after only 600 miles! A few times I had the gratifying experience of seeing Doodle's ghost disappear because I was in front of it rather the the usual situation of it disappearing around the next bend, only up as far as the esses though.
See you all in #76.

Played a fair bit last night but only got 0.033 close to my PB :) This TT was probably my favourite despite it being a FWD car. Good job all and thanks for the tunes!

Back