Time Trial Challenge

• Thread starter Stephen191
  • 212 comments
Race 3 finished with yet another ridiculous car that was challenging and bloody annoying in equal measure. Born2BSlow had a dominant race taking the win by nearly 0.4 secs, and there was a huge range of times with people obviously struggling with the car.

So it was mid-season promotion/demotion time, to try and get the new good drivers to move up the leagues quickly. No-shows Doodlebug87 and Tronneh drop out of League 1 and are replaced by the American contingent of Wiz and zr1chris. Elodyr and Slowbloke drop out of league 2, again as no-shows, and Shoemacher and Twistygit move up to League 2, making amends for the unfortunate circumstances that meant Twistygit dropped to League 3 in the first place.

The handicapped calculation has been tweaked so there is no longer any slight advantage for the faster drivers and is now a straight up free-for-all.

If anyone's reading this thinking this sounds interesting, come and check us out, always welcome new members, at https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

It's adios to Fuji and the Ligier, where Born2BSlow emerged victorious once more. Difficult car to get the hang of, as evidenced by a nearly 13 seconds spread of times.

So in League 1, Born2BSlow has pretty much got the league sewn up barring any disasters, with Djbuzz07 in 2nd and xjay1337 3rd. The relegation battle is tight, especially between Matt S and myself as we forlornly try and postpone the inevitable drop to League 2.

League 2, Shoemacher and Rob are in the promotion slots, but Twistygit is in the mix as well. Doodlebug87, Laiders and Tronneh will be 2 out of 3 for demotion as no-shows.

League 3, Leachy, Marcel Spuehler and seefarr are fighting for the top 2 slots with new joiner METAL666nz putting in a good time.

In the handicappped championship, a slight tweaking of the formula brings String an easy win, but the championship leaders are still Born2BSlow, xjay1337 who moves to 2nd and Djbuzz07 who drops to 3rd.

And now we move to Cadwell Park in a KTM. Can anyone challenge Born2BSlow, can I manage to put 2 consecutive laps together without hitting restart session in a fit of pique, can we manage a week without a discussion about whether we're allowed to tune a car, all these questions are to be answered in the next race :-)

Untitled1.png

Untitled1.png

So, Race 5 is over, another convincing vistory for Born2BSlow, and with his main rival Djbuzz07 either having a disaster or being busy this week, he's walked the League (just Race 2 being a slight blot in his scorecard). Tight for the consolation places though with Djbuzz07, Wiz, xjay1337 and zr1chris all in the mix for 2nd and 3rd.

Down at the slower end of the table, I grabbed a point advantage over Matt S for the final relegation spot to join simon P.

League 2, Shoemacher and Rob are looking dead certs for promotion. Relegation spots may however be flexible this time round as 4 people seem to have stopped taking part, so they may all go down.

League 3, Leachy and seefarr looking good for promotion, Marcel Spuehler and Zincau might join them if the League 2's continue to no-show.

In the handicapped championship, things shaken up a bit with the new calc, means SimonOUFCexile takes first spot, he was my best man by the way and God loves a trier so well done. Born2BSlow still leading the championship.

Come and join in at www.stoopidchallenges.com

Championship 7 is all over, and yet again Born2Slow takes the Real-Time League. xjay1337 and Wiz follow him home. Seriously can anyone beat this man, come and have a go at https://www.stoopidchallenges.com/ if you think you're hard enough.....

xjay1337 pips him to the Handicapped Championship, with newcomer SimonOUFCexile making a late charge for 3rd.
Untitled.png

Race 1 complete and Races 2-5 will close one a day from now on. 30 people took part which is a record for us.

Born2BSlow continues his domination to lead League 1 despite a late challenge from Djbuzz07. Rob and xjay1337 could be in trouble due to no-shows but a good couple of races will see them clear of the relegation zone.

Dpb1975 and Zincau head up League 2 with Marcel Spuehler and seefarr no-showing their way into the relegation zone.

okufa and EV0T3CH take the League 3 promotion slots.

In the handicapped championship SimonOUFCexile continues his run from the previous championship to lead.

In the Country championship the USA shows they are the quickest with the Turkish contingent beating the Brits into 3rd place

Feel free to join in at www.stoopidchallenges.com

Untitled.png

So that's the end of the latest championship, Born2BSlow continues to sweep all before him.

Born2BSlow takes League 1 with an almost unblemished record of 5 out of 6 wins, with Djbuzz07 making a valiant attempt to challenge, zr1chris brings home 3rd place. The Christmas schedule however causes us to have 2 no-shows and we lose 2 quick guys from League 1, xjay1337 and Rob.

Quite close in League 2 but Dpb1975 and Leachy prevail to get promotion to League 1. No-shows of Marcel Spuehler and seefarr go down to League 3.

okufa and oXideX take league 3 promotion slots and are into League 2 for next season.

Born2BSlow takes the handicapped championship as well, with relative newcomer garyellerby taking 2nd and after a strong start SimonOUFCexile takes 3rd

Untitled.png

Great setup, great fun, great people.

Its really well setup and easy to use (takes 10mins), marks instructions are spot on with his help guide.

All the time trials are stock tunes so no need to spend time looking for the perfect tune, telemetry data available for your laps, varying skill levels with 3 leagues plus a handicapped system.

Well worth a go 👍.

@Animera @Friday_GTRP @jammy21 @Don Mejillone and anyone else I missed who hangs around PC2, if you fancy a break from racing online.

Just join the fun yesterday and run few laps. Tested the PC software that it's works. I think (hope) that I would have time to run few laps here and there for next 8 weeks as I'm really busy at studying which will take almost all my free time (=game play time).

Race 3 completed. A return to form for Born2BSlow who takes the Real-Time win. But with the promotion of Hasslemoff to League 1 we have a new League 1 leader and it's looking competitive at the top with Hasslemoff being chased by Born2BSlow, zr1chris and Djbuzz07. okufa also gets promotion to play with the big boys.

League 2, Twistygit continues to do well, but forgoes promotion this time to allow Hasslemoff to go up. SimonOUFCexile finally hauls himself out of League 3 and apart from that it was all no-shows that got relegated.

We also have a new joiner ProfMeowingtons who seems to be blooming quick, so watch this space.

The IOS app is trundling through Apple's convoluted process and I'll be asking for testers when they've decided my cobbled together code is good enough to grace their store.

I've finally got my rig up and running and getting into PCars2...only to find out online is pretty scarce...lol. I'd like to give this a go but I'm not the most tech savvy. I assume I just go to the link, register and everything will make sense there?

I've finally got my rig up and running and getting into PCars2...only to find out online is pretty scarce...lol. I'd like to give this a go but I'm not the most tech savvy. I assume I just go to the link, register and everything will make sense there?

I'd like to think so. Just go to www.stoopidchallenges.com, register with a userid and password. You then download a piece of software onto a Windows PC called PCLapUpdater which records your Project Cars 2 laps and sends them to the website (I'm currently working on an IOS app but struggling a bit with it) and then go racing. There's a quite comprehensive help section to sort you out. Once you're up and running then you can compare your telemetry and see what you're doing wrong compared to the quick guys, there's leagues, a chat board etc etc.

Hope to see you soon

I'd like to think so. Just go to www.stoopidchallenges.com, register with a userid and password. You then download a piece of software onto a Windows PC called PCLapUpdater which records your Project Cars 2 laps and sends them to the website (I'm currently working on an IOS app but struggling a bit with it) and then go racing. There's a quite comprehensive help section to sort you out. Once you're up and running then you can compare your telemetry and see what you're doing wrong compared to the quick guys, there's leagues, a chat board etc etc.

Hope to see you soon
Okay thanks. I'll try and get to it tonight so I can get some laps in on Laguna. It's stock setups correct? If you make any setup changes the laps won't be validated?

Okay thanks. I'll try and get to it tonight so I can get some laps in on Laguna. It's stock setups correct? If you make any setup changes the laps won't be validated?

Stock setups only, trying to find the best driver not the best mechanic :-) I can check drivers aids and track and car but I can't tell if you're using the stock setup or not so that's based on trust.

Stock setups only, trying to find the best driver not the best mechanic :-) I can check drivers aids and track and car but I can't tell if you're using the stock setup or not so that's based on trust.
Ahhh..that's a big assumption. Setups can make a massive difference in this game. Too bad there's no way to check.

Ahhh..that's a big assumption. Setups can make a massive difference in this game. Too bad there's no way to check.

The leaderboards show if you use stock or a tuned setup so you can tell the difference.

It's pretty much self-regulated, custom setup shows up on leaderboards and when people add a ghost, so if a new joiner comes and clocks an incredible time, they soon get pulled up

Just wanted to add that I got everything up and working. I had a bit of a scare at first. I saw Jammy's 1:18 in there and so I went to the game and after a few laps of struggling just to get into the 1:24's I thought to myself, "Wow, I know I'm not the fastest driver but 6 seconds off the pace? I suck so bad!!":eek::(:guilty:. Then I realized that was the handicapped lap time and when I pulled up the real time laps everything made sense:sly:. FWIW, I used ABS on high and TC on low to learn the track and my limits, which curbs to abuse etc., and then left ABS on high and turned TC off to get my best laps.

Excellent time, sorted out your Canadian flag. You'll start off in League 3 but you'll soon move up :-)
Thanks. I was going to ask about the Flag. Looks like I'm the only Canuck so I have to make sure and represent:sly:. Question. Can you adjust brake balance while on the track and still maintain a stock tune? I was wondering this as I drove the McLaren around Laguna but was afraid to touch it lest it flipped a virtual switch and made it look like I'd tuned the car.

Thanks. I was going to ask about the Flag. Looks like I'm the only Canuck so I have to make sure and represent:sly:. Question. Can you adjust brake balance while on the track and still maintain a stock tune? I was wondering this as I drove the McLaren around Laguna but was afraid to touch it lest it flipped a virtual switch and made it look like I'd tuned the car.

Not sure, never tried it. Didn't even know you could change it, personally I just make sure it's in the loose setup and don't alter anything else, barring turning tc of in the mclaren.

I haven't taken part in this challenge (yet!) but I know that for the standard pCARS leaderboards (1 and 2), changing the brake bias and/or rollbars whilst driving (via buttons or via the ICM) does not change the time being recorded as 'default setup'. Similarly, adjusting the traction control strength (if available), using the ICM still records the time as default setup :). I guess that unless somebody says otherwise, it might be best to not touch the ICM and run a 100% default setup.

I haven't taken part in this challenge (yet!) but I know that for the standard pCARS leaderboards (1 and 2), changing the brake bias and/or rollbars whilst driving (via buttons or via the ICM) does not change the time being recorded as 'default setup'. Similarly, adjusting the traction control strength (if available), using the ICM still records the time as default setup :). I guess that unless somebody says otherwise, it might be best to not touch the ICM and run a 100% default setup.

Brake bias is a bit of a grey area but I think the consensus is that's ok

Race 4 of 6 finished and it's another win for Hasslemoff despite the best efforts of Born2BSlow and zr1chris. It's looking like he's pretty much got the title sewn up now as long as he keeps on showing up, the final 2 podiums are still up for grabs between Born2BSlow, zr1chris and Djbuzz07. Relegation is also tight between Leaachy and Dpb1975 and Schoemacher could get out of trouble with a late flourish.

League 2 dominated by Twistygit, I might actually have to force him to accept promotion this time and molineux1980 taking the other slot.

League 3 is led by fcaglayan and garyellerby, but there's a lot of new joiners that are looking quick which might yet make a challenge.
Handicapped race was run by our new Finnish driver jam_my21, but Twistygit keeps a commanding lead in the championship.

Head to www.stoopidchallenges.com to see what the heck I'm talking about :-)

Another question, apologies if it's been answered already. Do you have to run laps in Time Trial mode or can you also do it in the private testing part of the game?

Back