Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,269 comments
I cut a few more tenths, this time using the black version.

219.png

Gran Turismo® 7_20220920141742.jpg

I didn't set a fast time last night, but today I finally broke into the 2:19's, more specifically 2:19.836. :dopey: This despite a horrid first sector and not-so-great final turn. Every lap I turned after my fastest, I was up 3 tenths in sector 1 but could never put the rest of the lap together. I also have no clue what I did differently on my fast lap, but I torched the PITA right hander at the beginning of sector 2 and the esses that follow. That sector alone of my fast lap was 3 tenths better than any other lap, and usually closer to half a second.

Ideal time of 2:19:203. Don't know how many more attempts I'm going to make. I'm just happy I got under 2:20.

I didn't set a fast time last night, but today I finally broke into the 2:19's, more specifically 2:19.836. :dopey: This despite a horrid first sector and not-so-great final turn. Every lap I turned after my fastest, I was up 3 tenths in sector 1 but could never put the rest of the lap together. I also have no clue what I did differently on my fast lap, but I torched the PITA right hander at the beginning of sector 2 and the esses that follow. That sector alone of my fast lap was 3 tenths better than any other lap, and usually closer to half a second.

Ideal time of 2:19:203. Don't know how many more attempts I'm going to make. I'm just happy I got under 2:20.
exaclty the same, haha, i did again 20 laps this morning and just can't get to my old 1.19.9....., soooo frustrating!

I cut a few more tenths, this time using the black version.

View attachment 1194311

View attachment 1194312
2.19.0........... that is quick!, great job!,
the black version is nice to!

2:18.9 ... And I don't even know how I pulled that off. Sliding in the slow corners is actually faster lol.

I swear, if this new Z is going to be as bad in real life as it is in the game, Nissan is really going to drop the ball on this one.

Car has absolute crap for balance, has no traction, oversteers all the time, wiggles like a stripper under braking... As a wise-man once said, it's a *******.
It's among the top 10 worst stock cars I've driven in this game for sure.
I'm more comfortable driving something like the S Barker Tourer or the Alfa 8C 2900B or almost any classic car from pre-1970 than this crap.
I've seen the video of the top 1 guy, and I gotta say, that's some BS driving... drifting almost on every corner and still be that fast.

Last edited:
Wow guys when I read your times.. Congratulations!! 2:18... 2:19...
That is amazing driving skills you have!!

I am barely improving regardless that I drive ten to twenty laps every day.
now 4:53% of leader time while ideal time is again on 2:21:7 Somehow struggling to put all best sectors together.
I will be happy if I manage to go down from current time 2:22:5.. To under 2:22...

To all of you who are within gold time, that is 2:20:4.. congratulations, I don't know how you do it!!

I swear, if this new Z is going to be as bad in real life as it is in the game, Nissan is really going to drop the ball on this one.
I tried the same car on the same track about a month ago before the update, it was unbelievably balanced, smooth and fast. They changed everything once the real car was out and the reviews went rolling, everything in the game seems to line up to how the car drives in real life 👍

As the gold time for the current time trial shifted I had to give it another crack last night. My best time was 2:20.468 so I didn't need to do much to pass but it wasn't that simple. I almost got it on my third run but an early shift coming out of the last corner cost me about 3 tenths, which would've given me a 2:20.2. I wasted more time suffering with the wayward handling of the Z but I eventually managed to beat the gold time with a 2:20.090. I don't know how I did it because the lap wasn't all that good:lol:

Last edited:
Ah man. This one is tricky. I thought some of the others were tough but I knew where I was losing time with those.

I think my inability to maintain controlled powerslides is killing me because cleanly driven laps are too slow.

I have a 2:21:4XX.

Really don't know where to find a second - and nowhere during my laps am I losing significant time on the delta/ghost, so I think it's a whole approach thing - I need more slides through the corners (going off the leaderboard videos).

Arghh this one is the hardest so far for my driving style. (Golded all since I started doing these). MT / No Assists (except default ABS) / PS5 Controller.

Any tips?

Last edited:
I tried again this morning for about 10 laps, but again not even close to my old times, i tried sliding a bit more but it is just not working anymore :lol: .
My last lap video above was 1.19.952 without alot of sliding, but i can't even get close to that anymore without sliding......,
never saw the 19's again.....20.3/20.4..... sometimes a 20.2....

So my tip would be to try to be clean without the sliding because i'm still faster that way
but the faster guys will probl advice sliding more :lol:

Hey all, I'm back from hols! Had a go at this TT a couple of nights ago and managed a 1:27.XXX which was obviously miles off the pace. That was after about 5 or 6 laps on one of my favourite tracks! So I had a thought - why not fit some aero parts and see if they have ANY effect at all. Well, it might be a placebo effect, but my first lap out after creating a simple livery with some aero bits and new wheels and I dropped my time to a fraction into silver time! That's nearly 4 secs time savings! It might just be that I got the lap together after taking my mind off it briefly, but might be worth investigating!

Ah man. This one is tricky. I thought some of the others were tough but I knew where I was losing time with those.

I think my inability to maintain controlled powerslides is killing me because cleanly driven laps are too slow.

Really don't know where to find a second - and nowhere during my laps am I losing significant time on the delta/ghost, so I think it's a whole approach thing - I need more slides through the corners (going off the leaderboard videos).

Arghh this one is the hardest so far for my driving style. (Golded all since I started doing these). MT / No Assists (except default ABS) / PS5 Controller.

Any tips?
You can post replay for analysis;)

Hey all, I'm back from hols! Had a go at this TT a couple of nights ago and managed a 1:27.XXX which was obviously miles off the pace. That was after about 5 or 6 laps on one of my favourite tracks! So I had a thought - why not fit some aero parts and see if they have ANY effect at all. Well, it might be a placebo effect, but my first lap out after creating a simple livery with some aero bits and new wheels and I dropped my time to a fraction into silver time! That's nearly 4 secs time savings! It might just be that I got the lap together after taking my mind off it briefly, but might be worth investigating!
Interesting. I did not even knew we are allowed to put some wings.
Have you now tried to do few laps with a rental car and see if it is placebo or it really gives some stability and speed?

Snuck into the 19's with a 2:19.276.

My 20yr old son is in the low 18's and I can beat his ghost by a few lengths for the first few corners, until the R/hander at the bottom of the hill, after that, no chance.
is it possible for us others to race your and your sons ghosts? if so, how? Maybe to learn how you guys are so fast!

I have the exact opposite of this, have set my time in the standard Blue wobble machine, than made a dutch version with Aero etc and seems slower :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: , i don't think it will change, maby i'll try to rent the standard one again and go for it this weekend :lol:, the Z is playing with me......., Damn Z

20829768294442105.jpg

Any tips?
I'm not the quickest but as previously mentioned I'm currently sitting on a 2:19.0 and I have the same set up as you for that.

1. I posted a video a few pages back when I was on a 19.7 the tips in that still apply.

2. The car is loose but I think its quite easy to limit that if you want to. Braking - keep the steering as straight as possible until you really need to turn in, then use that loose rear to get the nose pointed in to the apex.

3. After that I find either a gentle application of throttle (T2) or a higher gear (T5 I use 4th for example, same at the hairpin) to limit wheelspin. Tiny bits of slip at key corners (T5/T6 and the hairpin) will lose seconds.

4. Concentrate on being smooth and nailing your turn in points through the esses so that you can be at full throttle midway through the middle right all the way to the braking for the hairpin. If you can string that all together accurately it's a lot of time. Aim to be in the 1m13s at the end of the sector before the hairpin (top guys are probably lower!)

5. As I've previously said the braking for the hairpin feels stupidly late, after the 100m board there's a grey thing on the wall on the left, I use that, turn in on the brakes and cut a lot of the inside and immediately get on the power as its a long run up the hill.

6. Getting a good line through the final corner can make or break a lap. I've lost count of how many times I've been quicker and lost it all in that corner. Brake maybe mid way down the rumble strip, cut a fair amount on the left and try to get on the throttle as early as possible in 4th with no wheelspin, don't short shift to 5th.

This is what works for me so far. To go really quick is probably totally different!!

Edit - just done 3 laps. 1:18.926. Currently 400th. Saved the replay this time!

Edit - played some Rocket League and then did another 4 laps... 2:18.794, now 313th

Last edited:
Back