Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,330 comments
Ayx5JJX.jpeg

Here we goooo, getting close to the 52's now, and only @Gomario JSP above me on my friend list 🔥

Last edited:
Day 3 at DTG.

The car and track are beginning to make sense. A moderate gain on my PB, but a huge improvement on my optimal. I think a mid 52 is possible, especially if I can nail S3.

18dcdb63b3b42-screenshotUrl.jpg
18dcdb64f7c3-screenshotUrl.jpg

I find the 190 a fun car to throw around once you start to understand how it wants to slide though certain corners. And in spite of its dubbed cow status, it can still be forgiving. Up to a certain point ... Where you launch into space :lol:

Last edited:
Final session at Mount Panorama last night. Improved my time to a 1:59.725, about 3/4 tenths improve on my previous time. Was hoping to drop into the .6s but it was not to be. Absolutely terrible session once I had improved the time, which only took 5 laps. After that I only put in another 4 valid laps, the remaining 15 were invalidated by contact with the wall.

Final ranking will be around 258th. Seems like there were a lot of quick drivers coming out the woodwork for the GT3 trial.

Probably won't be putting that much effort into the Mercedes around Dragon Trail, never liked that layout and the car isn't particularly special to me.

Last edited:
Here we goooo, getting close to the 52's now, and only @Gomario JSP above me on my friend list 🔥
Well, look again 😜

1708556077921.png

My original goal was only to make my very fragile gold a bit more secure. I clocked in a 1:53.271 and was happy with it ... until I saw my friends list. 35 minutes later I had improved by a mere 0.14 seconds, but it was enough to move up 6 ranks. 😂

I have a strong suspicion that it won't stay like this for long, so I took the screenshot while I could ;)

So come on, show me what you got buddies!

Btw my Bathurst gold is just as fragile, but not having driven the TT for the last five days I was so hopelessly off pace, I decided to just pray there's no alien invasion in the final hours.

1708556853659.png

Last edited:
Heavy push! Happy with it but had a really sloppy mistake, going out slightly wide onto the grass in the final corner and missed a .58 because of it. Alas, it wasn’t to be this time. No big complaints tough, while somewhat frustrating at times Bathurst is always a great pleasure, especially at golden hour.

18dce44791b35-screenshotUrl.png
full

53544528179_65c5cb62e7_o.jpg

Driving on this track reminded me why I hate reverse "layouts" soo much. Tracks only run in one direction, not two. Learning a track in one direction is hard enough but having to learn it again in another is stupid. As for the car, it definitely doesn't feel like a championship winning machine. The springs are too soft, the chassis is average and the rear slides around too much, making a hard job even tougher. I don't know if I can do much more, although a lot of competitors here will be quick to point out my mistakes if they saw my lap.

Also, I wish I could put ears on my helmet.

Last edited:
What a heavy session at Bathurst on the last stretch.
Over 100 laps and finally some improvement...
TT-Bathurst-almost6.jpg

My problem today was that I lost my touch on The Chase, just couldn't get it exactly right as I did yesterday. Then, when the fatigue appeared I lost my touch on Hell. And yeah, that was hell, first corner gone and penultimate esses out of shape.
Improved almost everywhere, my optimal went down to 2:00.1, was running four tenths in advance on Conrod and bam! clipping grass, clipping kerbs, whatever.

My thumbs ache like hell, but given more time I would run, run, run it until exhaustion... so addictive this one.

I couldn't pick up at Bathurst after putting in some 150 miles last night, and I didn't feel like running there again today. The TT was fun while it lasted, but even such an enjoyable one can get exhausting after a while. I didn't get my sub 2:00 time as I was hoping, but it will have to do.

I was back to Gardens today. After reading about guys using 4th entering the chicane, I decided to try the same. I was surprised in that it actually does feel better, though it's still a crapshoot whether I get the right angles through the entire chicane. As for my best lap, there was improvement. But...if not for a terrible sector 1, it would have easily been in the 51's. :banghead: I still have a much better feeling I'll get that sub lap as opposed to Bathurst.
IMG_2889.jpg

Hi friends!! It’s been a while, I’m happy to report I am in my new home! Time has been very thin to do any Gran Turismoing plus teething problems with cockpit setup in the new ‘pad has been challenging. To add insult to injury I find Bathurst and the Genesis very time consuming to get right; I don’t particularly like the Genesis and I find on GT7 Bathurst only seems to have ONE line that you can get round it cleanly 🤣

Was hoping for under 2 minutes but turned out to be a pipe dream 😆 good riddance. I tried the 190E at Gardens once and that was enough to know that too will be a challenge, I didn’t even manage to get to the start line 🤪 does it get any easier!??

View attachment 1329964
Nice, I'm glad you are in your new home racing with us!! I hope you and your family are okay. Happy lapping guys!!

Red_Alert.gif

News of the last minute from TT players .

Unconfirmed rumours they said that since yesterday noon the trace of @Jeje6410 is missing !!!!

We don't know exactly what happened but a close friend reveals that after installing his new high tech wheel , he decide to entertain him self till he drops in ecstasy !!!!
True or not ,we have to find out and this is the closest thing that we suppose it happens.
giphy (13).gif

View attachment 1330372

News of the last minute from TT players .

Unconfirmed rumours they said that since yesterday noon the trace of @Jeje6410 is missing !!!!

We don't know exactly what happened but a close friend reveals that after installing his new high tech wheel , he decide to entertain him self till he drops in ecstasy !!!!
True or not ,we have to find out and this is the closest thing that we suppose it happens.
View attachment 1330374
I'm sure he will be back once he gets his new wheel and sets it up. The only wheels I had was for the Playstation 2 when I owned the NFS, Forza and GT games.

Heavy push! Happy with it but had a really sloppy mistake, going out slightly wide onto the grass in the final corner and missed a .58 because of it. Alas, it wasn’t to be this time. No big complaints tough, while somewhat frustrating at times Bathurst is always a great pleasure, especially at golden hour.

View attachment 1330351
full

Wow, incredible lap there. You were coasting and flowing a lot from what I could see. I only got to 2'05.029 and have no more to give there so I gave up.

Wow, we're dealing with another old-timey classic car, this should be a breeze! Durn, 1932. That's freaking old, almost a century ago. Well 2032 would be a century (100 years).
According to an old Gran Turismo legend, @smoothbore12 drove this car when it was released in 1932.
So we could imagine how happy he'll be to drive this car again, "several" years later :sly:

Maan, maybe i just go for the silver medal to get at least some credits. I like the car, but Grand Valley, especially the short version is among the my most hated tracks.
Also I did 200km on DTG yesterday, managed to improve by 2/100s, so still sitting in the 1:53:8xx range. Optimum each try around :2xx - :4xx, but i still can't manage to do a string the sectors together. T1 is good, following lefthanders inconsistently. The hairpin feels like the biggest issue, I barely get a good line through there. Chicane is like gambling. But at least I feel like i get a bit more consistent every stint, so beeing positive to finally gold this one, before it's over.

Maan, maybe i just go for the silver medal to get at least some credits. I like the car, but Grand Valley, especially the short version is among the my most hated tracks.
Also I did 200km on DTG yesterday, managed to improve by 2/100s, so still sitting in the 1:53:8xx range. Optimum each try around :2xx - :4xx, but i still can't manage to do a string the sectors together. T1 is good, following lefthanders inconsistently. The hairpin feels like the biggest issue, I barely get a good line through there. Chicane is like gambling. But at least I feel like i get a bit more consistent every stint, so beeing positive to finally gold this one, before it's over.
Apparently, I'm not the only one facing the exact same issues at the exact same parts of this track...
And we are on the exact same scores and optimals.
Coincidence? Don't think so...

Back