Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,361 comments
And there it happened. We will finally be able to have fun !!!! 🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 1330216
Congratulations !

can you do me a favour please, can you printscreen me time of one of your most proud lap time, not TT since I will ask you to give same time in a month or two or three, example some License test, or Circuit experience that you drove many times and have good time, and then after some time driving with new wheel, can you please send update of your time with new wheel, I would appreciate that. Thanks in advance.

Congratulations !

can you do me a favour please, can you printscreen me time of one of your most proud lap time, not TT since I will ask you to give same time in a month or two or three, example some License test, or Circuit experience that you drove many times and have good time, and then after some time driving with new wheel, can you please send update of your time with new wheel, I would appreciate that. Thanks in advance.
Ok no problem. I will try to do that !!!!
@Gomario JSP you beat me to it... I was editing my post with this..

Incoming....

Bye @Jeje6410

View attachment 1330222
I will remain human !!!! 🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 1330219

Yep.... there he goes...... another one that is going to leave us......
Good luck up above, send some whiskey now and then please .. :lol: :lol:

Nice gear JeJe!, very jaleouse!!
don't be jealous my friend, I don't know how it works yet !!!!!🤣🤣🤣. Thanks a lot my friend

I didn't have a lot of time last night to play but since I knew I was not going to find my rhythm I was just messing with different lines and methods a little at DT. I did a full lap with only my left hand steering, I would use my right to shift up obviously, but the first lap I managed a 52.8. I'm not sure if it's the 30 years of driving manual cars in real life or what but it seems for this car I have pretty good control with less input. Just a weird observation. Obviously I'm not AS fast as my fastest lap but I'm genuinely curious if I put as many one hands laps in when things are firing, whether I could best my time. 🤯

And there it happened. We will finally be able to have fun !!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Take your sweet time to assemble this and don't try it on Bathurst TT ;)

Seriously, congrats! On the leaderboars the only way is up!
vintage vhs GIF by rotomangler

Got a safe time (hopefully) for Bathurst, first I did a 2.01.563, then a couple of laps later, a 2.01.387. Pretty happy with it, I wish I could go into the 2.00 but hey Gold will be enough.

Atm trying to get a better time with the old Merc but its proving harder than expected. It's super fun to drive tho, so unlike Bathurst or Monza were it was a bit annoying, I actually enjoy my time in Dragon.

I seem to be in the minority but I really don't like this current TT in the Merc. Don't enjoy driving the car, don't like having to fling it across the sausages and hope for the best. Bathurst was much better.

Hopefully something nicer tomorrow.
I don't like it so much either honestly, I guess for me on motion sensor steering it's pretty tricky with weight transfer, but honestly what I find PD could have done better is start. Car starts almost at the sector two, not really but at very beginning of sector 3, and we need to drive... Listen to this .. Whole 35 seconds until we actually start our lap. I really love this game but sometimes think they can make some details even better. Just imagine having a button assigned to "delete lap time" and I mean I am just driving and continuing driving, press the button and I delete current lap time and next lap will still count. My deltas are still there and I don't need to press retry and go back 35 seconds in time. In current Merc TT, if I hit sausage, it will not only delete current lap, but even next one, which I honestly don't get why in the world to delete next lap, when I hit sausage 30 seconds before starting new lap. Just my two cents. 😊

Edit* let's name mine suggestion button "real time retry" we just continue no need to exit and start all over, as addition on what we already have.

Last edited:
I don't like it so much either honestly, I guess for me on motion sensor steering it's pretty tricky with weight transfer, but honestly what I find PD could have done better is start. Car starts almost at the sector two, not really but at very beginning of sector 3, and we need to drive... Listen to this .. Whole 35 seconds until we actually start our lap. I really love this game but sometimes think they can make some details even better. Just imagine having a button assigned to "delete lap time" and I mean I am just driving and continuing driving, press the button and I delete current lap time and next lap will still count. My deltas are still there and I don't need to press retry and go back 35 seconds in time. In current Merc TT, if I hit sausage, it will not only delete current lap, but even next one, which I honestly don't get why in the world to delete next lap, when I hit sausage 30 seconds before starting new lap. Just my two cents. 😊

Edit* let's name mine suggestion button "real time retry" we just continue no need to exit and start all over, as addition on what we already have.
I very much love the Merc TT but definitely agree with this. Still hurting from my best lap so far being invalidated by a slight error on the lap before it!

Take your sweet time to assemble this and don't try it on Bathurst TT ;)

Seriously, congrats! On the leaderboars the only way is up!
vintage vhs GIF by rotomangler
I tried it on Barhurst TT but but I couldn't improve my time. It's going to take me some time to get used to driving again.
Lush. Did you get a new rig as well or trying it on the old setup first?

Fingers hovering dangerously over the order button...
I tried it in my old setup. But I'm going to have to make changes. Because the crankset is too far away and I have difficulty braking correctly. The steering wheel base is solid but I have some movement happening forward. Either I take this setup and improve it as best I can. Either I make a setup with stronger aluminum profiles with the dimensions I want. But this also has a price. And the next problem is that I don't have a lot of space to make a setup with an integrated seat (which would be ideal)
20240221_185135.jpg

View attachment 1330279Bravo Porsche!

Excellent! So much fun I’ve been enjoying my DD wheel base for almost a year now. 😁
What rig is this? I don't think I've ever seen that. My playseat is starting to come undone and I'm looking to upgrade. An aluminum rig might fit where I play but likely not well... I will if I have to but the wife will not love it. Yours looks very compact. I like that.

Sorry in advance but this is not a love message!

First of all, I totally second @Fezzik message about the DTG TT with the Old Fat German lady... I've tought it would be fun but it's NOT FUN AT ALL. What a pain in the... what an unpleasant experience, what a terrible challenge to keep that FAT COW on the track...

Sorry Mercedes 190 but I DON'T LOVE YOUR EXECRABLE BEHAVIOUR :yuck:

1708539402751.jpeg

I aslo don't appreciate Jeddah's unfair behaviour... AT ALL! :mad: He probably improved his WR while I was sleeping and this is clearly not fair-play.... AT ALL! :ouch: I strongly protest!! :yuck: You need some loooong holidays Dude!!

After tens of tries, after many Greeks scores (over 1:55...), lots of Chinese laps (in red), I finally managed to improved my PB... by 3 hundredths... :yuck: 0.033..

1708539528515.png

I should have been happy by this first positive result since days but I wasn't. The car is still "unreadable", the curves are still hazardous, and the scores are still mediocre.
Because apparently, @PlanetJanet 's curse was removed (merci^^), I've decided to keep pushing to gain the missing 2 TENTHS to enter the yellow zone.
Guess what?

1708539824987.png

1 hour later, I've only gained another 2 HUNDREDTHS... :banghead::banghead: At this rate, I should be able to enter the Gold Club in November 2024.
The only positive is my optimal is now clearly in yellow at 1:53.421.

Wait, it's not over...

The Daily Marathon roulette... I received a 6 stars ticket.
Yes, a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and....

1708540847608.png

The next time you'll have a bad day, think to my 21th Feb 2024 before complaining!!! Thanks :(

So tonight, I hate everyone, but also GT7, my new controller, my ex-wife, the Greeks, this @+"*:?°& Mercedes, PlanetJanet (but less than Jeddah^^), etc.

Grumpy Cat Annoyed Face GIF

First of all, I totally second @Fezzik message about the DTG TT with the Old Fat German lady... I've tought it would be fun but it's NOT FUN AT ALL. What a pain in the... what an unpleasant experience, what a terrible challenge to keep that FAT COW on the track...

View attachment 1330265

I aslo don't appreciate Jeddah's unfair behaviour... AT ALL! :mad: He probably improved his WR while I was sleeping and this is clearly not fair-play.... AT ALL! :ouch: I strongly protest!! :yuck: You need some loooong holidays Dude!!

After tens of tries, after many Greeks scores (over 1:55...), lots of Chinese laps (in red), I finally managed to improved my PB... by 3 hundredths... :yuck: 0.033..

View attachment 1330267
I should have been happy by this first positive result since days but I wasn't. The car is still "unreadable", the curves are still hazardous, and the scores are still mediocre.
Because apparently, @PlanetJanet 's curse was removed (merci^^), I've decided to keep pushing to gain the missing 2 TENTHS to enter the yellow zone.
Guess what?

View attachment 1330269

1 hour later, I've only gained another 2 HUNDREDTHS... :banghead::banghead: At this rate, I should be able to enter the Gold Club in November 2024.

Wait, it's not over...

Yes, a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and....

View attachment 1330272

The next time you'll have a bad day, think to my 21th Feb 2024 before complaining!!! Thanks :(

So tonight, I hate everyone, but also GT7, my new controller, my ex-wife, the Greeks, this @+"*:?°& Mercedes, PlanetJanet (but less than Jeddah^^), etc.

2845f192441ff94fa08f7f4854118c7c.gif

Oh my God......we loosing him 🤣🤣

View attachment 1330265

View attachment 1330267
Guess what?

View attachment 1330269

Wait, it's not over...

Yes, a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and....

View attachment 1330272

gif-desespoir.gif

View attachment 1330265

View attachment 1330267
Guess what?

View attachment 1330269

Wait, it's not over...

Yes, a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and....

View attachment 1330272

You can definitely do it, and better! We are normally close to each other, on controller and AT. My current is 1:53,444, so near your personal best.

What rig is this? I don't think I've ever seen that. My playseat is starting to come undone and I'm looking to upgrade. An aluminum rig might fit where I play but likely not well... I will if I have to but the wife will not love it. Yours looks very compact. I like that.
It’s from RSEAT, it’s big and heavy. I mounted wheels to it so I can move it around. If I were in the market today I’d be looking at one of the aluminum 8020 rigs.

Back